Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3029 3030 [3031] 3032 3033 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441792 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45450 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:56 pm »

Ok, I feel like I have to say this, being a mozzy affector.

There is no smell or repellent that actually drives mosquitoes away. Repellent works by marking your traces - there is no hiding from the blood suckers. They're irl trolls with wings.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45451 on: April 04, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

I wish there was a pill to cure my lack of motivation and apathy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45452 on: April 04, 2012, 06:47:17 pm »

Ritalin?

Actually serious. Though for me it's pretty much just a caffeine high, it does something.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45453 on: April 04, 2012, 06:56:02 pm »

Severe angst. My stomach is trying to twist around itself.
Love, scriver~

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45454 on: April 04, 2012, 08:13:39 pm »

So the last few weeks a friend and I have been holding a weekly roleplaying group meeting, we have 5 people who have been meeting, and it's been awesome.

But now a friend of one of the members who is..strongly disliked by the co-founder and another member of the club wants to join us. If she is allowed to join then we will probably lose half of the people (and I'm not even exaggerating, there is a large overlap with the anime club, and they complain about her annoyance all the time after club),  and if she isn't then it will upset both her and probably her friend who told her about us (since it's such a small group, I know exactly who told her..).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45455 on: April 04, 2012, 08:19:19 pm »

That kind of problem comes up on the Giantitp.com forums all the time.

I suggest just telling him the truth ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45456 on: April 04, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

Agreed. Be calm and logical about it, and anyone able to see reason will stay in your group. Anyone lost... couldn't see reason.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45457 on: April 04, 2012, 08:24:23 pm »

She's just so blatantly unaware that so many people despise her, and I'm so horrible at breaking bad news and/or making people sad. The co-founder of the group who hates her said she will gladly tell her to go away, but still, I don't have anything against her and it is an awkward place to be.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #45458 on: April 04, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »

Tell the co-founder to tell her then.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45459 on: April 04, 2012, 08:32:30 pm »

Tell the co-founder to tell her then.

Well, I pretty much had to tell her that the other person who runs the club said that we are not accepting new people (we are actually getting sort of large for it to be manageable with so few people who know what they are actually doing). If she shows up to watch though, bad things are likely to happen. Blah, interacting with people is a pain, going back to homeschooling now.

Honestly though, being homeschooled for so much of my education (until last year, Freshman year of High School) has not been very beneficial for me. I am horrible at interacting with people. At least I have a couple people who I can truly call good friends this year though, so I'm getting better!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:46:34 pm by quinnr »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45460 on: April 04, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »

this thread... over three thousand pages :(
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45461 on: April 04, 2012, 09:02:03 pm »

But remember, that venting helped people feel a little bit better and maybe get some useful advice. So it's not a wasted 3000 pages, nor a monument to unhappiness.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #45462 on: April 04, 2012, 09:02:42 pm »

1822 pages for me. :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45463 on: April 04, 2012, 09:04:10 pm »

good point but it reminds me of people who don't have these threads....

I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45464 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:24 pm »

911 for me.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3029 3030 [3031] 3032 3033 ... 8167