Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3027 3028 [3029] 3030 3031 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439987 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45420 on: April 03, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »

Manly tears are shed every time...

17 April 1959 ~ Every movie in existence

RIP

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45421 on: April 04, 2012, 02:30:29 am »

Anxiety.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45422 on: April 04, 2012, 02:35:30 am »

Really people? Complaining about pants? Pants are the greatest things. God damn mosquitoes, my denim armor will show you all!

Exactly my feelings, and the same goes for briar patches, ticks, wasps, etc. Also, when trudging through a freak snowfall in the dead of winter, I am happy to have a layer between my skin and the ankle-deep frozen water that has managed to suddenly appear everywhere. I have been in shorts/tee-shirt in the snow; it is like dying.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #45423 on: April 04, 2012, 02:48:31 am »

There's also people that those kind of bugs seem to actively AVOID for whatever reason.

Come on you stupid bugs, is my blood really that distasteful? I don't know if I should consider it insulting or not! I can't just ask them!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45424 on: April 04, 2012, 02:59:28 am »

There's also people that those kind of bugs seem to actively AVOID for whatever reason.

Come on you stupid bugs, is my blood really that distasteful? I don't know if I should consider it insulting or not! I can't just ask them!

Don't worry Janet, not only do bugs disregard me, but mice and cockroaches avoid my house like the plague despite it being generally filthy.

There's something to be said when even vermin find your home intolerable.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45425 on: April 04, 2012, 04:10:17 am »

Just be glad you don't have to deal with those annoying itches that come with mosquitoes and the like.

Also, obligatory link.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45426 on: April 04, 2012, 06:04:46 am »

More FE rage:

WTF Game? I want promotional items. You know, items to promote my goddamn units with. As you should probably know, I have more than a few units lagging behind everyone else because they're trapped in inferior classes until you give me the items I need. Now, that isn't to say you aren't giving me promotional items, you're giving them to me alrighty, too bad they're all KNIGHT CRESTS! SEVEN KNIGHT CRESTS! I can now promote EVERY SINGLE unit I'm not using!

Goddamnit game, I just want sexy sexy Geese to become a berserker. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently so.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45427 on: April 04, 2012, 06:42:48 am »

Speaking of which I still haven't finished FE4...

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45428 on: April 04, 2012, 07:01:09 am »

in skyrim when...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

^
I

don't click if you don't like spoilers.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45429 on: April 04, 2012, 07:07:18 am »

I always thought spoilers were implied in, you know, spoiler tags.

Speaking of which I still haven't finished FE4...

Get to it, I want to beat FE4 for maybe my 8th or 9th time just thinking about it. FE4 btw had a better class-up system, just allowing a straight, free classup at level 20 with no drawbacks. It was a system that really rewarded you for knowing what the hell you're doing, and another reason it's my favorite.

The item system that was devised in the later games is just an arbitrary and contrived way for the designers to control the strength of your party as you progress through the story, and to inadvertently give perfectionists another hoop to jump through by having to achieve 20/20 for each of their mains. Not something I'm appreciative of. Sacred Stones soothed the sting by allowing branching class trees, but it was too late, the damage was already done.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45430 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:24 am »

Moar FE rage:

Yay I'm doing well on this hard stage. I'm finally at the boss with all my boss-killer characters, just need about five more turns to secure victory. Meanwhile, all my weak worthless characters are sitting in a deserted corner of the map.

Game: never-ending stream of high-level dragons out of nowhere and descending on your weak characters trollolololol

Just the way I have my savestates set up, I might have to restart the chapter regardless. If I do, I'll have to put this game down for a day or so.

EDIT: Lolwut... apparently the dragons didn't want to kill my weak characters, they just wanted to surround them, then snuggle up reeaaall close like and not attack at all.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:29:06 am by JoshuaFH »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45431 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:47 am »

Break room at work looks like somebody crapped out Jesus everywhere. In the spirit of the Easter season, somebody decided to sprinkle leaflets and assorted literature all around, asking "Are you saved?" and "He died for YOU" and so forth.

Actually kind of gave me an idea. I should collect as much of this kind of prosletyzing literature as possible, from as many denominations as possible, and then leave them lying around different places of worship. Put a Jehovah's Witness tract in the lobby of a Baptist church. A Baptist flyer in a Catholic church. A Catholic leaflet in a synagogue. Etc etc.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45432 on: April 04, 2012, 08:50:06 am »

I would pay you money to do that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45433 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:34 am »

Break room at work looks like somebody crapped out Jesus everywhere. In the spirit of the Easter season, somebody decided to sprinkle leaflets and assorted literature all around, asking "Are you saved?" and "He died for YOU" and so forth.

Actually kind of gave me an idea. I should collect as much of this kind of prosletyzing literature as possible, from as many denominations as possible, and then leave them lying around different places of worship. Put a Jehovah's Witness tract in the lobby of a Baptist church. A Baptist flyer in a Catholic church. A Catholic leaflet in a synagogue. Etc etc.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this. (NSFW)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #45434 on: April 04, 2012, 08:59:13 am »

"Are you saved?"

Add "Remember, ctrl+s is your friend".

Most tunics don't cover the legs adequately though so you're gonna end up having to wear hosen which are even less comfortable than pants.

Then you just add a decimeter or two to it :P
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3027 3028 [3029] 3030 3031 ... 8167