Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3020 3021 [3022] 3023 3024 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434655 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45315 on: April 01, 2012, 04:17:36 am »

My ADHD has been killing me these past few months.

Very close to 0 productivity. Just stagnating. My income is higher than my expenses at least, but the tiny trickle of money I'm building up is little consolation for not improving myself, making progress on anything, or creating anything new. I've made a little bit of progress on my fangame and started a fanfiction; It's roughly equal to the amount of accomplishment I had in, say, November. In 3 months. This time without school to worry about, during which time I was doing finals and getting ready to graduate from the damn place.

I hate my medication, too. It's literally no different than a caffeine high. Burst of energy is all it does; still have to beat down my inhibitions for working on anything that my brain doesn't register as the number 1 most interesting thing to focus on.

I've been sitting around, reading forums. Indulging in wiki walks. Watching cartoons that only interest me due to tangential relation to ones I actually do like, and aren't as good.

Ugh. If I could direct my apathy and obsession, I'd be the most productive person in the world. But nope, I have to focus on consuming, not creating. Damn it.

Dwarf Fortress has been an enabler for me, too, crazily enough. It pushes the buttons in my brain for rewarding work; I think up a wacky system to solve a problem, implement it, and get those nice brain chemicals I would've gotten had I produced something real. World of Warcraft did the same thing, which is partially why I quit. Guess I need to lay off DF too.

Tad bit worried about my health, too. Out of shape, not eating right, not taking care of my teeth like I should, and of course I'm plain getting older too. I sometimes wonder if I subconsciously think I'll live forever, without things potentially preventing me from accomplishment, which is why I procrastinate. Justify it to myself that I'll do things later, and I need a break from stress, even though my lack of doing things is the cause of my stress.

Self conscious about body image. Don't care about fashion or anything, so this doesn't really make sense to me, but I catch myself wondering all the time if I'm one of those people they put a funny caption under and post on the internet. Just 5 minutes ago I was afraid I might have some BO going on, despite taking a shower not more than 4 hours ago.

Maybe I need a therapist so I have an appropriate place to rant instead of an internet forum, too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:20:21 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45316 on: April 01, 2012, 05:50:54 am »

Man... It always makes me feel sad waking up from an interesting dream, always so much more exciting than my boring little life. :( Add to that how I still have the movie I watched the other day stuck in my head so that I'm always thinking about it, and I've been feeling pretty down today. Even out wandering around the big nearby shopping centre/mall I feel kinda sad. (Although now you mention it, being in crowded public places isn't exactly something that usually cheers me up... Especially when they're all happy.)
At least I have my new phone, which has pretty much replaced my broken Ipod just before I would have gone insane from lack of music.
Bought a rather bittersweet CD the other day, too... While I love the music(The Shins), it and other sad music probably isn't the best thing to listen to in my current mood. :P Even videogames don't seem fun right now. Dunno what to do with myself... Maybe I need to get out more. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45317 on: April 01, 2012, 06:22:14 am »

I fucked up my RG2228 today, i was trying to adjust the string height on the 7th string, i think i was screwing the wrong screw because suddenly "CLACK" and then the thing was completely loose, untuneable. Fuck my life..

EDIT: Fixd it again, ME WIZARDSTA
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:47:19 am by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45318 on: April 01, 2012, 04:36:33 pm »

First world sadness. New xkcd came out and I have only three web browsers to check it out. Not going to bother downloading more browsers for just this one time though. Still would kind of like to see them. I wonder what the strip looks like with Lynx.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #45319 on: April 01, 2012, 04:52:09 pm »

I think it also changes depending on your location. On Chrome I get one about the earthquake in NC a few months back, and considering how late it is and that Randall doesn't live in NC I'm guessing other places get location specific comics. Opera, Firefox, and IE all get the same 2Quiet 2Furious joke, which sucks, and I bet Midori and Chromium will get the same. I wonder if OS has anything to do with it. Probably switch over later to see.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #45320 on: April 01, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

I get Umwelt which changes depending on your horizontal browser size.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45321 on: April 01, 2012, 05:07:13 pm »

No matter how big or small I make my browser I still don't get it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45322 on: April 01, 2012, 05:08:09 pm »

*Hugs*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45323 on: April 01, 2012, 05:10:15 pm »

Here in florida firefox gave me a joke about earthquakes and hurricanes.

Absolutely hilarious.  IE just has some little light tunnel thing, chrome has some police searching the bay thing I don't get.   If I could locate my phone I'd check it out in safari too.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45324 on: April 01, 2012, 05:11:59 pm »

I bet there'll eventually be a collection of them stored somewhere for the curious.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45325 on: April 01, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

I should probably feel special that it recycles the previous strip for me.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45326 on: April 01, 2012, 05:34:39 pm »

I should probably feel special that it recycles the previous strip for me.

NoScript much?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #45327 on: April 01, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

Here in florida firefox gave me a joke about earthquakes and hurricanes.

Oh hey, here in Illinois I got the same thing but the last panel had them stuck in a snowstorm instead
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45328 on: April 01, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

Oh.

In that case I get hat guy hooked to a lie detector.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:39:53 pm by Darvi »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45329 on: April 01, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »

Oh.

In that case I get hat guy hooked to a lie detector.
It's not a lie detector, it reads someone's emotional reactions to tell if they're human. It's a blade runner reference.
Pages: 1 ... 3020 3021 [3022] 3023 3024 ... 8167