Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3014 3015 [3016] 3017 3018 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432782 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #45225 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »

Chick dumped me. Breaks ma heart.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45226 on: March 27, 2012, 01:02:01 pm »

Girlfriend won't see me. Getting worried. Hopefully she's just busy and shy.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45227 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »

"What do you mean, why don't you just set up automatic bill pay...?" [funny look from me].

Because a.) Trustee and POA on account makes me liable if I or someone else screws up, so I'm gonna be damn sure things are done right, b.) The less money I take out of interest bearing accounts to pay bills, the more there is in interest bearing accounts, c.) They don't provide a documented paper trail for tax, or payment verification purposes, or to report expenses to the court. d.) Why do you think all large corporations have "Accounts Payable" people in their accounting departments?

[facepalm]

Honestly that sounds like a something a perfectly normal person would not normally consider. So unless it is a fellow member of the bar being uninformed of legal money thingamajigs I wouldn't get sad over it.

Did you know that "thingamajigs" is in the firefox spellchecker?

O, I know, but it's the context. They're basically calling me a crook and asking me to justify my fees. Not just the fees for paying his bills but all fees. I think I charge like give or take $30/month to do all the book keeping for the account, keeping it immaculate, which is quite frankly nothing for an attorney.... That's in addition to the other stuff I do for them.

Here's the problem: Yes, "relative could do this on their own," (assuming they knew how to really work things out and organize them) but of course, relative won't do it. I can't do my job if things aren't organized and properly kept track of. Someone has to do it; relative won't do it; so I have to, and no, I'm not doing it for free.... Though this is clearly what everyone wants.... Paying all of the damn bills and tracking them takes maybe 45 minutes to an hour out of my month. No, there are no "little things" because then everyone looks at me as a free servant.... All those "little things" add up pile on. No way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:06:35 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45228 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:43 pm »

Girlfriend won't see me. Getting worried. Hopefully she's just busy and shy.

If the convorsation begins with "I can't do this." Just hang up or walk away.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45229 on: March 27, 2012, 01:07:28 pm »

"What do you mean, why don't you just set up automatic bill pay...?" [funny look from me].

Because a.) Trustee and POA on account makes me liable if I or someone else screws up, so I'm gonna be damn sure things are done right, b.) The less money I take out of interest bearing accounts to pay bills, the more there is in interest bearing accounts, c.) They don't provide a documented paper trail for tax, or payment verification purposes, or to report expenses to the court. d.) Why do you think all large corporations have "Accounts Payable" people in their accounting departments?

[facepalm]

Honestly that sounds like a something a perfectly normal person would not normally consider. So unless it is a fellow member of the bar being uninformed of legal money thingamajigs I wouldn't get sad over it.

O, I know, but it's the context. They're basically calling me a crook and asking me to justify my fees. Not just the fees for paying his bills but all fees. I think I charge like give or take $30/month to do all the book keeping for the account, keeping it immaculate, which is quite frankly nothing for an attorney.... That's in addition to the other stuff I do for them.

Here's the problem: Yes, "relative could do this on their own," (assuming they knew how to really work things out and organize them) but of course, relative won't do it. I can't do my job if things aren't organized and properly kept track of. Someone has to do it; relative won't do it; so I have to, and no, I'm not doing it for free.... Though this is clearly what everyone wants.... Paying all of the damn bills and tracking them takes maybe 45 minutes to an hour out of my month. No, there are no "little things" because then everyone looks at me as a free servant.... No way.
Ooh, tack on an extra $10/mo to "prevent the wrath of Bay12 forumites from descending upon client".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45230 on: March 27, 2012, 01:09:45 pm »

[facepalm]

Here's the problem: Yes, "relative could do this on their own," (assuming they knew how to really work things out and organize them) but of course, relative won't do it. I can't do my job if things aren't organized and properly kept track of. Someone has to do it; relative won't do it; so I have to, and no, I'm not doing it for free.... Though this is clearly what everyone wants.... Paying all of the damn bills and tracking them takes maybe 45 minutes to an hour out of my month. No, there are no "little things" because then everyone looks at me as a free servant.... No way.
Ooh, tack on an extra $10/mo to "prevent the wrath of Bay12 forumites from descending upon client".

Lol, thanks for the thought, but unfortunately everyone seems to do this, because "all lawyers are crooks," even though I'm objectively and provably charging less than most attorneys would for this.

[Disclaimer: Truean never takes clients online and does not solicit business online, this is not an add and no possible response to this post in any fashion will result in business of any kind transacting.]

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45231 on: March 27, 2012, 01:13:13 pm »

You should post a picture in the photo share thread doing Nixon's double V. "I am not a crook," indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45232 on: March 27, 2012, 01:16:39 pm »

You should post a picture in the photo share thread doing Nixon's double V. "I am not a crook," indeed.

Don't you know this is my picture of Dorian Gray? I'd never look at it/post a pic. :)

Also, it seems Clerk can't balance a checkbook.... She wrote me a fucking letter asking for guidance on balancing a damn checkbook and doing some basic payables.... Really, you're a 2nd year law student? Worthless rich kid who never had to do anything herself.... She's a straight A student and one of several reasons I will never ever hire someone with good grades.... I'll die as I lived: surrounded by Idiots who have been told they are smart...(with a capital I).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:19:35 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45233 on: March 27, 2012, 02:31:40 pm »

Nah, you just hire a math major instead. When they have good grades, it actually means something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45234 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:05 pm »

Or an Accounting major. Or economics, or business, etc, etc.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #45235 on: March 27, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »

I just heard that my former gym teacher died.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #45236 on: March 27, 2012, 04:47:38 pm »

So the word that I like this one collegue is spreading, fast.

There's a reason why I don't tell stuff like this to my former classmates, they can't keep their mouth shut. Cue a relatively new friend joking about it in front of two of them and them taking it seriously.

And with them being the obnoxious jerks they easily become when they find suitable prey to pick on I really see only two outcomes here.

Either I get fed up with it and try and do something with her, or I get fed up with it and dispose of them. The former seems more viable now as there is no indication that the word won't stop spreading anytime soon.

Oh well, it might sharpen up my mass murder spree skills a bit :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45237 on: March 27, 2012, 05:27:04 pm »

I'm just tired today. I wish I weren't so bad at falling to sleep. When these tired moods come over me, I'm trapped reminiscing over the past, and how I measure up to my past self, and realizing that I'm still pretty worthless.

Sometimes I just remember stupid stuff I've said 5-6-7 years ago, and I still get angry at myself. So angry I just want to scream and yell at myself for making saying such stupid stuff.

I'm gonna try to get some sleep.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45238 on: March 27, 2012, 05:34:15 pm »

Sometimes I just remember stupid stuff I've said 5-6-7 years ago, and I still get angry at myself. So angry I just want to scream and yell at myself for making saying such stupid stuff.

Same. All the time. All the time. Half my day is spent thinking about the past.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45239 on: March 27, 2012, 05:36:31 pm »

Just gotta say that's a good sign. It'd be much worse to look back and think "I wish I was that person again." You're improving this way, rather than regressing, which is something to be happy about.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3014 3015 [3016] 3017 3018 ... 8167