Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2997 2998 [2999] 3000 3001 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443718 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44970 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:09 pm »

And any talk of attempts at subverting them is just in-jokes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44971 on: March 21, 2012, 06:14:43 pm »

It's my Birthday. I'm 23.
I hate my life.
Happy Birthday Josh!  Somebody needs to listen to Okkusenman.

Zetsubou shita!  I am in despair over the meaning of my life!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44972 on: March 21, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

Thanks Toony.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44973 on: March 21, 2012, 06:21:11 pm »

I'm not antimonarchist - what power do the monarchy have in most countries these days? They're little more than figureheads.

Thank goodness royal institutions cost zero tax income that could be used for social welfare or what have you. No wait.

But this is neither the time nor the place for this discussion.
Actually, at least in England, the Royal Family brings in more money through tourism than they cost in tax payers money.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #44974 on: March 21, 2012, 06:24:44 pm »

Tbh I wouldn't got to the UK to watch the royal family.

And no offense, but it sounds like the kind of bs claims royal families tend to make in order to justify their anachronic existence. In Spain they recently claimed that the monarchy was actually cheaper than a republic would be (yeah right)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44975 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:22 pm »

Actually tourists just come to try and piss off the guards with funny hats.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44976 on: March 21, 2012, 06:30:12 pm »

Well, other people would. I wouldn't, but others would. They cost like... 40 million pounds a year. It's not hard to imagine that them existing brings in more than 40 million pounds each year. That's the only numbers I have, though, unless you want some British guys YouTube video. :P

Edit: Doesn't matter what they do, if they come because of something connected to the royals and spend money, they're contributing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44977 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:23 pm »

I was just wondering, does anyone know of schedule keeping software? Like, something that'll get on my ass about keeping the schedule, rather than just some lame calendar with a note keeping function. I don't know what to do with myself.

I just feel like everything I do has no meaning. I could try self-improvement, but staying on task and staying interested is it's own set of skills. Looking for a job is depressingly hard, especially since it means the end result is making myself subservient to a society that I loathe. My feelings are worthless and contradictory, so there's no point in cultivating them.

It feels like my insides are heavy, like, with weights on the inside. This feels different than ordinary lethargy.

In my experience with similar things (I've got a few years on you yet), I've learned that when I look outward for solutions to my personal challenges- say by trying to find some advice, discover a tool that will make things better, etc.- that only works for a limited time before I'm back in my earlier slump. The reason it works for a limited time is because, for that duration, I think that's my solution, not realizing that the inspiration I find to be able to fix things is all coming from myself.

To respond to your question, I use a physical calendar for dates I need to remember, and a dry-erase 1-month calendar with a separate memo area for events through the month, which works well for keeping track of my short-term and long-term schedules. Still, all the schedulers and calendars in the world will not help me if I don't sinch up my belt, pull on my boots, and tackle the things I want to change.

Believe me when I say I understand what you're going through, as I've been there. The only secret I've found is in learning to inspire yourself to tackle these problems, and not keep looking outward for a cure-all. You can recognize the things that keep your life from being what you want it to be. Just take some time to identify the things you want to be different, brainstorm up a few ways to make that happen, and set yourself up with a way to enact that plan. Once you get into the habit, it becomes far easier... though it may never become truly easy. However, hating, beating up, or otherwise emotionally punishing yourself about it won't make it better, and though the advice anyone gives you might help draw attention to these issues, it won't fix it on its own. Motivation and conscious living are things that we each have to decide to do on our own.

That said, Happy Birthday. I hope you can turn this bout of ennui into a force for change; sieze the day! Don't waste your time feeling bad about being lost, or like you're wasting your life. Take stock of the good things you have and try to increase them. Take stock of the bad and start out on fixing them. Take things one step at a time, and you will get where you want to go... but sitting around reflecting on it all day will only hold you back.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:47:12 pm by Solifuge »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44978 on: March 21, 2012, 07:32:27 pm »

Thank you Solifuge, you were always a helpful person. I feel like my ordinary day is getting up, then lying face first on the floor for 16 hours, then getting up to go to sleep. That I'm a dead person, just moving around and consuming resources. If not dead, then dying, just dying one day at a time.

I don't understand normal people, everyone seems to care about themselves, everyone has this sense of self-worth that they can't let go. People see reason and value where I can't. Normal people seize the day, and make something of themselves that forwards some internal agenda, even those they themselves are unaware of it. Normal people care about sex and drinking and partying and cheap thrills and smoking and they accrue debt and want to create families that burden them and have relationships that only hurt them. I can't relate, I can't relate at all. I might as well not even exist in society.

I don't know if I'm just regurgitating nonsense at this point.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #44979 on: March 21, 2012, 07:58:12 pm »

I am sad that the bay12 community is incapable of composing itself collectively enough to prevent the complete ban of pony threads.
Not really pointing at any specific peoples or posts here, just saying that it makes me sad rather than ragey. I can't rage at a community for minority based events, ya?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44980 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:10 pm »

I am sad that the bay12 community is incapable of composing itself collectively enough to prevent the complete ban of pony threads.
Not really pointing at any specific peoples or posts here, just saying that it makes me sad rather than ragey. I can't rage at a community for minority based events, ya?

yay, this...

I for one find bronies annoying yet tolerable.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44981 on: March 21, 2012, 08:03:49 pm »

Something happen that I missed?

The spammy forum game is the only thing I've seen recently, and that still exists (surprisingly).
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #44982 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

Something happen that I missed?

The spammy forum game is the only thing I've seen recently, and that still exists (surprisingly).
I'm pretty sure Toady said something about pony discussion threads being banned forever after the previous pony thread was shut down. Kinda down about that because I have nowhere on b12 to talk about ponies. Ah well.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44983 on: March 21, 2012, 08:08:28 pm »

Oh, that.

See link in signature for the hideout for most of bay12's more active bronies. There's also some active mods and community forts, if ya wanna meet other fans here.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #44984 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:15 pm »

What happened to the pony threads that got them banned? Too many people posting clopfics or something?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 2997 2998 [2999] 3000 3001 ... 8167