Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442062 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44850 on: March 20, 2012, 12:03:49 pm »

I... uh. I mean, it's skirting the forum ToS a bit, but is it really that hard to comprehend how herpes would infect the eye? I'm being reminded here of a conversation I had in passing with a fellow that genuinely didn't know how the mechanics of female homosexual (physical) relationships worked. Basically, "The same way herpes infects other places, just in/around/on the eye." Obvious answer is obvious, ayuh.

Barring the methods that apparently have nothing (/little) to do with what's obviously going through y'all's heads, o'course.

E: That said, the wikipedia page does say that it's only related to the herpes simplex virus, so transmission or contracting ocular herpes might not be via the obvious.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:05:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44851 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:32 pm »

I woke up three minutes ago. My last class today started a half hour ago.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44852 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:12 pm »

I woke up three minutes ago. My last class today started a half hour ago.
Oh dear. Bettah run, boy!

EDIT: Oh, last class. You sleep too late.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44853 on: March 20, 2012, 12:40:26 pm »

He won't call... [huff]. He will eat the food I cook for him though.... He's got a bunch of my dishes and containers too. If you're busy with work, then just text me that or something, anything. I understand that you're an accountant and it's tax season.... I really do get it. 5 minutes of your day, every other day...? I'm saving you at least that by cooking for you. <--- I'm pathetically trying to implicitly bargain for any time and attention from him? Does he care?

I bet if I stop cooking he'll care.... Except I like him too much and I'm an idiot [grumble, mumble, grumble].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44854 on: March 20, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »

I am an idiot. Procrastinating on a paper that's 25% of my grade for this class, now I'm guaranteed to fail the paper because it's so late and I'm just trying to make an A-worthy paper so I can at least salvage a 50%.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44855 on: March 20, 2012, 01:37:28 pm »

I am an idiot. Procrastinating on a paper that's 25% of my grade for this class, now I'm guaranteed to fail the paper because it's so late and I'm just trying to make an A-worthy paper so I can at least salvage a 50%.

And you're still on bay12 ^-^

Uh, good luck :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44856 on: March 20, 2012, 02:11:53 pm »

He won't call... [huff]. He will eat the food I cook for him though.... He's got a bunch of my dishes and containers too. If you're busy with work, then just text me that or something, anything. I understand that you're an accountant and it's tax season.... I really do get it. 5 minutes of your day, every other day...? I'm saving you at least that by cooking for you. <--- I'm pathetically trying to implicitly bargain for any time and attention from him? Does he care?

I bet if I stop cooking he'll care.... Except I like him too much and I'm an idiot [grumble, mumble, grumble].
Sometimes guys get busy and are so busy they don't realize that other people might actually have time to miss them. I've done that before.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44857 on: March 20, 2012, 02:25:32 pm »

Have you let him know you want him to call?

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44858 on: March 20, 2012, 02:45:12 pm »

I've had visual floaters for years (started when I was young), in part because thanks to certain genetic flaws, bits of my retina have been flaking off over time. I'm sad because in reading the Wiki entry on floaters, I came across the entry for "ocular herpes". I could have lived a full and happy life without ever knowing that was a condition that was possible to have.  :o

THAT DOESN'T GO THERE!!  :'(

I have some serious floaters too. One distinct dot in particular in my right eye that sort of follows the eye movement but doesn't stop. When I was a kid I used to imagine it was the targeting reticule for my secret, integrated laser skullcannon, and if I just concentrated the right way it would activate.

Still hoping for the laser skullcannon actually.

Oh, and my eyes have different color sensitivity. My left eye sees more green and my right eye more red.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44859 on: March 20, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »

I've had visual floaters for years (started when I was young), in part because thanks to certain genetic flaws, bits of my retina have been flaking off over time. I'm sad because in reading the Wiki entry on floaters, I came across the entry for "ocular herpes". I could have lived a full and happy life without ever knowing that was a condition that was possible to have.  :o

I have some serious floaters too. One distinct dot in particular in my right eye that sort of follows the eye movement but doesn't stop. When I was a kid I used to imagine it was the targeting reticule for my secret, integrated laser skullcannon, and if I just concentrated the right way it would activate.

Still hoping for the laser skullcannon actually.

Oh, and my eyes have different color sensitivity. My left eye sees more green and my right eye more red.
With mine, the left eye has worse acuity but better color fidelity. The right eye sees better (though still blurry enough to be totally impaired) but the colors are somewhat greyscaled. Left eye is 20/2000, right eye is 20/200. I'm about as blind as you can get without...y'know, being blind.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44860 on: March 20, 2012, 03:04:35 pm »

Sometimes guys get busy and are so busy they don't realize that other people might actually have time to miss them. I've done that before.

Agreed, but meh. That doesn't mean girls like it. Not saying it's essentially your fault or anything but [shrugs] still feels bad.

Over the course of the past couple weeks:
1.) "Do you think maybe you might have time to talk for a minute after ______?"
2.) "Does your cell phone still have my number?"
3.) [Offhandedly worked into conversation] "The funny thing about that is phones really work and it's both ways...." ;)
4.) "Don't forget to charge your cell if you want it to work at all...."
5.) "You know, you could call me anytime after work and even if I'm not there: voicemail."
etc etc etc.

In short, yeah I've come about as close to "Hey, call me," as you can without actually saying that exactly. [shrugs] It's kind of a "do I actually have to come right out and say it?" thing. Take a hint please. [sigh].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #44861 on: March 20, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »

And you're still on bay12 ^-^

Uh, good luck :P

I'm making great progress despite my internet breaks, but it just bothers me that I have to be panicked to get any work done.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44862 on: March 20, 2012, 03:16:45 pm »

Agreed, but meh. That doesn't mean girls like it. Not saying it's essentially your fault or anything but [shrugs] still feels bad.

3.) [Offhandedly worked into conversation] "The funny thing about that is phones really work and it's both ways...." ;)
5.) "You know, you could call me anytime after work and even if I'm not there: voicemail."
etc etc etc.

In short, yeah I've come about as close to "Hey, call me," as you can without actually saying that exactly. [shrugs] It's kind of a "do I actually have to come right out and say it?" thing. Take a hint please. [sigh].
Attention women: Actually saying what you want tends to work. Then you can talk about it in a rational way, rather than... what's going on there.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44863 on: March 20, 2012, 03:26:33 pm »

It's the same virus that causes cold sores, and is extremely common. I caught it at the hospital last time I scratched my eye. It's not that common a disease, and very expensive to treat, but there's nothing "dirty" about it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #44864 on: March 20, 2012, 03:27:12 pm »

etc etc etc.

Attention women: Actually saying what you want tends to work. Then you can talk about it in a rational way, rather than... what's going on there.

Yeah, because 'I want you to call me more often' doesn't come across as clingy.

As mystifying as women may be, they usually have reasons for their bizarre actions. Usually.

If you want a happy relationship (as a man), you learn to take hints. Or at the very least, you learn that when your girlfriend is acting pissed off/unhappy, you're probably doing something wrong. You might have to go on some kind of weird Holmesian logical journey to figure out what that is, but life will generally be better to you once you do.

That's just my personal experience, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 8167