Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2986 2987 [2988] 2989 2990 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442094 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44805 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:55 pm »

Yeah, that'd be this, which is pretty standard for most people (I think). Visual snow's relatively rare, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44806 on: March 18, 2012, 08:56:55 pm »

Well, glad to say I am not subject to constant fuzzy reception with reality...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44807 on: March 18, 2012, 09:05:05 pm »

Yeah, that'd be this, which is pretty standard for most people (I think).
Yeah that's about right.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44808 on: March 18, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

Well, glad to say I am not subject to constant fuzzy reception with reality...
Nah, reality's pretty clear. It's more like having a second mostly-transparent layer overlaid over everything.

Fuzzy reality gets fixed by glasses or contacts :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44809 on: March 18, 2012, 09:19:38 pm »

Or, in more short term cases, it can be cured by a process called 'Sobering up', however, this process is often deemed cruel and unethical by medical boards, and should not be practised.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #44810 on: March 18, 2012, 11:49:11 pm »

By following some of those links, I learned that the little things I used to wonder about when I was a kid are called floaters. Funny that I've never talked about them to anyone. Ever.

I should really stop by the sad thread more often. Apparently KNOWLEDGE is a by product of depression.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44811 on: March 19, 2012, 12:11:00 am »

Apparently KNOWLEDGE is a by product of depression.
Welcome to science.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44812 on: March 19, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

By following some of those links, I learned that the little things I used to wonder about when I was a kid are called floaters. Funny that I've never talked about them to anyone. Ever.
That is really weird... I remember such a thing when I was much younger, but I don't get them any more.
Maybe my eyesight has just gotten so bad I can't see them any more.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44813 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:42 am »

I wish I never read http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1120 reminds me of the "noise" I see in the dark.

I'm scared :O no sleep tonight again.
Don't be. I've actually been halfway tempted to start up a visual snow thread to see how many other folks here have it/have experienced it.

It took my almost two decades to realize that it wasn't how most other people saw the world, heh. I'm semi-lucky as it didn't onset for me; seem to have been born with it. A lot less distracting when it's the only thing you know, yeah.

But yeah the dark was fucking terrifying for a long time. Giant multicolored amoeba-things larger than you floating around is not conducive to untroubled sleep. Eventually figured out they weren't going to eat me, though!

Wai... so it's not normal?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44814 on: March 19, 2012, 01:42:25 am »

I wish I never read http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1120 reminds me of the "noise" I see in the dark.

I'm scared :O no sleep tonight again.
Don't be. I've actually been halfway tempted to start up a visual snow thread to see how many other folks here have it/have experienced it.

It took my almost two decades to realize that it wasn't how most other people saw the world, heh. I'm semi-lucky as it didn't onset for me; seem to have been born with it. A lot less distracting when it's the only thing you know, yeah.

But yeah the dark was fucking terrifying for a long time. Giant multicolored amoeba-things larger than you floating around is not conducive to untroubled sleep. Eventually figured out they weren't going to eat me, though!

Wai... so it's not normal?
Nope. I don't get them at all. Now I feel left out.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44815 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:44 am »

Rare enough they've not really bothered researching it so far, outside of where it's connected to stuff like migraines (and even then, only to the extent of knowing that the effect goes away with the other symptom/cause). Doesn't help that they can't really pin down a set cause, or the fact that it may actually be several different conditions (with similar symptoms) caused by several different things.

Also rare enough that the practicing optometrists (two, so far) and psychologist (only one) I've asked had never heard of the symptoms before they ran into me :-\

So yeah, not particularly normal. Like said, took me nearly twenty years before I even noticed it was unusual, heh. Congratulations, though! You've been mildly hallucinating all these years and didn't even know it. Who needs drugs, eh?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:50:30 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44816 on: March 19, 2012, 01:50:17 am »

I do that before I start lucid dreaming. Also, the edges of my vision do that, except exceptionally bright and painful, right before I collapse from a migraine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44817 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:26 am »

I deleted my Gmail. Accidentally.

Google has -not- been helpful in getting it back. It doesn't help that I know next to nothing about it, and that I use it rarely for e-mail. I use it for syncing Chrome and for youtube, that's it. So I have next to no information to put on to prove I own the damn thing. :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #44818 on: March 19, 2012, 02:52:11 am »

My life is a fucking mess.

While reaching for my pill bottle so I could break up one of the highly addictive benzos that is presumably the only thing keeping me from turning into a walking writhing tentacled mass of panic six times a day I accidentally flipped a bowl of soup that I had barely eaten and sent it flying all over my bedroom, most unfortunately sending a potato into said bottle of clonazepam. Also there is soup in my hair. And you know what? Fuck it. I will take a shower tomorrow.

On the bright side I managed to save five pills so I won't have to go through the horror that is benzo withdrawl even though I've only been taking them three weeks. I guess it's more incentive for me to get off these awful things too.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44819 on: March 19, 2012, 02:54:57 am »

I have nosebleeds, really bad nosebleeds. Usually this is caused by dry air, but it's very humid about right now. I don't know where these nosebleeds are coming from.
Pages: 1 ... 2986 2987 [2988] 2989 2990 ... 8167