Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442159 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44790 on: March 18, 2012, 07:34:18 pm »

... I hate getting shot in dreams. Bloody thing didn't even have the decency to let me wake up after the first time this time, either. Nooo, had to bleed me out twice. Really sucks. Really, really sucks.

Would put in rage thread, but it's less the infinite-hate-works type of hate and more the g'damn-that-was-horrible type of hate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #44791 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:09 pm »

Well at least you have lucid dreams. In my everything has a blackness over it and I don't hear or feel anything. And I don't control it either kinda like a fully 3D and detailed movie which is cooler than a normal movie.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44792 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:55 pm »

Well at least you have lucid dreams. In my everything has a blackness over it and I don't hear or feel anything. And I don't control it either kinda like a fully 3D and detailed movie which is cooler than a normal movie.
If it was fully lucid, he wouldn't have gotten shot.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44793 on: March 18, 2012, 07:48:49 pm »

Pretty much that, yes. I occasionally get decent recall, but the only control I've ever managed is waking myself up from some particularly bad ones. Getting shot sucks and bleeding out is just terrible but it's usually too quick to jerk myself awake.

Actual lucid dreaming would be pretty neat, but so far attempts haven't worked out.
Ask not!
Ask!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44794 on: March 18, 2012, 07:49:37 pm »

Actual lucid dreaming would be pretty neat.
Oh yes. It is really fun.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #44795 on: March 18, 2012, 07:53:35 pm »

I wish I never read http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1120 reminds me of the "noise" I see in the dark.

I'm scared :O no sleep tonight again.

I had a lucid dream once; when I wanted a lucid dream. I was flying in the air :D then The Flood started jumping out of buildings and killing everybody and I woke up

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44796 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:49 pm »

It is easy. Seriously, it just comes down to practise, and being very lucky with your timing.
On a lazy afternoon, lay on a comfy sofa, close your eyes, now imagine a landscape. Anything you like. I find it works better with something complex that you can add more and more detail to. Now start to build on it, adding area and details, until you quickly forget that you are meant to be awake.
Although like I said, you need to get lucky. Works best if you aren't waiting for it to work...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #44797 on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:11 pm »

Actual lucid dreaming would be pretty neat.
Oh yes. It is really fun.
Quite so. I've found it's very hard to deliberately get the scary ones :|

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44798 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:10 pm »

I wish I never read http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1120 reminds me of the "noise" I see in the dark.

I'm scared :O no sleep tonight again.
Don't be. I've actually been halfway tempted to start up a visual snow thread to see how many other folks here have it/have experienced it.

It took my almost two decades to realize that it wasn't how most other people saw the world, heh. I'm semi-lucky as it didn't onset for me; seem to have been born with it. A lot less distracting when it's the only thing you know, yeah.

But yeah the dark was fucking terrifying for a long time. Giant multicolored amoeba-things larger than you floating around is not conducive to untroubled sleep. Eventually figured out they weren't going to eat me, though!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:04:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44799 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

Oh, that visual snow thing happens to me very weakly every once in a while.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #44800 on: March 18, 2012, 08:10:51 pm »

The "visual snow" I see is sometimes red, green and blue to :o back to scp :D

Rip goat, more loli

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #44801 on: March 18, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »

Personally, I've only seen black.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #44802 on: March 18, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »

Yeah, I've got it 24/7, 365 -- light, dark, eyes closed, eyes open, entire visual field, the whole works. I dream with it, heh. And yeah, multicolored (red/yellow/green/purple/blue, primarily); about the same color spectrum as what you see on a soap bubble or oil/gas puddle. Not strong enough to interfere with functioning, but it's occasionally distracting and has some interesting related effects (Staring at a single point for very long makes the world go funny :P). Fortunately no apparent medical/neurological issues attached to it, though, which is better than some folks blessed(?) with the condition.

Biggest issue I've had with it is that it makes (traditional) meditation a borderline bitch. There is no true darkness and no stillness in my world, heh. Always light, always movement. It's very beautiful, though, for all that it's occasionally annoying.
Ask not!
Ask!

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #44803 on: March 18, 2012, 08:22:49 pm »

Don't be. I've actually been halfway tempted to start up a visual snow thread to see how many other folks here have it/have experienced it.
There was a thread about visual snow and floaters on the Bethsoft forums once. Half the posts were either the Brits making toilet humour or the Americans not getting it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44804 on: March 18, 2012, 08:45:20 pm »

Huh. News to me! I get something vaguely similar with my eyes closed if I apply pressure to them, but I think that's a different thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2985 2986 [2987] 2988 2989 ... 8167