Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2983 2984 [2985] 2986 2987 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443830 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44760 on: March 17, 2012, 02:08:30 pm »

The family dog had to be put down earlier this year for quality of life reasons after 13 years. Pancreatic cancer the vet said was the most likely culprit, we knew she'd been having a lot of pain lately and she just wasn't herself. I think of her every time someone drops food on the floor, and she doesn't rush over to try to eat it. ._.

:(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44761 on: March 17, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

SO I had a really awesome game of Dungeons of Dredmore going. Had a pyromancer with leylines and blood magic that had four mastered skills and was completely demolishing the dungeon. I was on about floor 10, game crashes. Goddamnit. That's the most bullshit way for a game to end.
I do have a question for anyone that might have the answer. I was fireball spamming into a monster zoo, and all of a sudden I level up three times in a row. Like, you leveled up! Pick a skill. You leveled up! Pick a skill. You leveled up! Pick a skill. Back to back. I don't think there's anything in the game that gives that much experience, but I'm not sure... is there?
My Disgaea DS crashes if I use Thursday's Arigato Roboto on too many enemies.  I'm not sure if my DS is just ancient or if it's a global issue.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44762 on: March 17, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »

I've had multiple dreams with the same theme; my grandfather has another stroke, and I struggle to help him or get him to a hospital, but end up being unable to do anything while I watch him die. Not to difficult for me to piece together what it means.

Well. My dog just died today, at 1:30 AM. Despite the rain, me and my family manged to bury him.

I have an emptiness inside.

I'm sorry. It was good that you were able to pay your respects. Just keep in mind the good memories you had, and be thankful for the time you got to spend together.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44763 on: March 17, 2012, 04:28:06 pm »

I've had multiple dreams with the same theme; my grandfather has another stroke, and I struggle to help him or get him to a hospital, but end up being unable to do anything while I watch him die. Not to difficult for me to piece together what it means.
That sucks man.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44764 on: March 17, 2012, 04:33:36 pm »

SO I had a really awesome game of Dungeons of Dredmore going. Had a pyromancer with leylines and blood magic that had four mastered skills and was completely demolishing the dungeon. I was on about floor 10, game crashes. Goddamnit. That's the most bullshit way for a game to end.
I do have a question for anyone that might have the answer. I was fireball spamming into a monster zoo, and all of a sudden I level up three times in a row. Like, you leveled up! Pick a skill. You leveled up! Pick a skill. You leveled up! Pick a skill. Back to back. I don't think there's anything in the game that gives that much experience, but I'm not sure... is there?
My Disgaea DS crashes if I use Thursday's Arigato Roboto on too many enemies.  I'm not sure if my DS is just ancient or if it's a global issue.
Your DS feels remorse for Kamikazi-ing so many people.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44765 on: March 17, 2012, 06:09:25 pm »

God damn diseases. Let me fucking sleep without a goddamned bowel movement every 10 goddamn minutes
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #44766 on: March 17, 2012, 06:23:14 pm »

Legion not being romance option in ME3.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44767 on: March 17, 2012, 07:35:21 pm »

Legion not being romance option in ME3.

Get out of are country, you filthy robosexual.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44768 on: March 17, 2012, 08:24:58 pm »

So I think the new graphics card we got for my birthday may have been broken before it even got out of the packaging, it's not working, whenever we try to use it we just get a blank screen.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44769 on: March 17, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »

So I think the new graphics card we got for my birthday may have been broken before it even got out of the packaging, it's not working, whenever we try to use it we just get a blank screen.
Whats your PSU wattage?
Did you put it in all the way?
Did you put it in the right slot?
Did you plug in all of the cords?
Did they get it from newegg?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44770 on: March 17, 2012, 09:17:23 pm »

So as it turns out, the BIOS was set to use the integrated card first... Also, apparently I was running off of the integrated card all this time... Which is a serious WTF thing that has me confused. My old graphics card appears to have gone missing somehow...

I'm not sure what happened there...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44771 on: March 17, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »

So as it turns out, the BIOS was set to use the integrated card first... Also, apparently I was running off of the integrated card all this time... Which is a serious WTF thing that has me confused. My old graphics card appears to have gone missing somehow...

'
what cpu do you have?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44772 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:35 pm »

'
what cpu do you have?
You suspect the cpu of stealing the graphics card?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44773 on: March 17, 2012, 09:24:52 pm »

'
what cpu do you have?
You suspect the cpu of stealing the graphics card?
no because sometimes the model of the cpu has different bios settings.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44774 on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:57 pm »

Really? Because it would explain so much, the damn thing has been conspiring against me from day one.

It'd an AMF Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor
Pages: 1 ... 2983 2984 [2985] 2986 2987 ... 8167