Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2973 2974 [2975] 2976 2977 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448128 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44610 on: March 14, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »

Yeah, meeting people is nice. I do coop though, so that is better on the people front. The problem is that around where I live about 3/4 of the population will hate your guts for being gay. The fact that the only school around I would consider going to is highly religious does not help. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who choose to be religious. Its just that around here your considered religious for taunting gay people.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44611 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:36 pm »

Please note the "Straight" part of the "Gay-Straight Alliance". Not everyone in those organizations is automatically gay, lesbian, transgendered, w/e. It does kind of mean that you support them however, which can be just as big a problem (again, depending on where you live).

Yeah, but my parents wouldn't buy that for half a second. They're all ready suspicious enough (talking to drunk parents for the win!) and I'm not really eager to bring it up. People at school I could care less about, though.
Hmmm  :-\
Dunno how to help in this situation, I'm afraid. I never had to deal with this sort of thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44612 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:40 pm »

Please note the "Straight" part of the "Gay-Straight Alliance". Not everyone in those organizations is automatically gay, lesbian, transgendered, w/e. It does kind of mean that you support them however, which can be just as big a problem (again, depending on where you live).

Yeah, but my parents wouldn't buy that for half a second. They're all ready suspicious enough (talking to drunk parents for the win!) and I'm not really eager to bring it up. People at school I could care less about, though.
Dunno how to help in this situation, I'm afraid. I never had to deal with this sort of thing.

Hehe, that's okay, I'm much less stressed about it since after I started going to a regular school I have at least a few friends who I can confide it. Makes me much less depressed then I used to be.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44613 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:38 pm »

Coming out is one of the toughest damn things your ever gonna do. Just wait until you feel comfortable doing it, unless its crushing your soul. If it is, then just go for it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44614 on: March 14, 2012, 09:35:01 pm »

Stepfather apparently shelled out $200 for a logo to be created, something I am being trained to do and don't consider work, but wants me to make a website for him.
I don't even know where to begin when it comes to website creation. Maybe I should just set up a Weebly site and charge him $200 for it.

I could have used $200. >.>

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44615 on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

Stepfather apparently shelled out $200 for a logo to be created, something I am being trained to do and don't consider work, but wants me to make a website for him.
I don't even know where to begin when it comes to website creation. Maybe I should just set up a Weebly site and charge him $200 for it.

Why not? Use some of the money to pay for bandwidth and an actual domain name and offer your services full-time. Regular income ftw!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44616 on: March 14, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

Dreamweaver is the best, but sadly it costs insane amounts of money for personal use. NOT THAT I'M SUGGESTING ANYTHING SHADY, you could look at the open source alternatives but they all fall short :( Luckily they have it on the school computers so I can play around with it.

Good luck!

Coming out is one of the toughest damn things your ever gonna do. Just wait until you feel comfortable doing it, unless its crushing your soul. If it is, then just go for it.

I would like to thank this forum for being so awesome and kindly and I love you all.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44617 on: March 15, 2012, 12:14:48 am »

Goddamnit, all I'm trying to do is some last minute job searching, so that my Career Developer person that's trying to get me employed doesn't think I'm a lazy slacker. Computer disagrees and wants to fuck up all the time constantly. Plus I am a slacker for putting it off for so long, goddamnit, I just want to not feel like a piece of shit.

I can't even cultivate these little self-improvement fantasies I have.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44618 on: March 15, 2012, 12:48:54 am »

Shoulda bought the HP. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #44619 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:15 am »

Dreamweaver is the best, but sadly it costs insane amounts of money for personal use.
It really isn't. It's decent if you don't really know what you are doing and want its WYSIWIG editor, but if you do know your way around website creation, you're just as well off using Notepad++ and doing it with text. The w3schools website is really all that is necessary to do website creation (and maybe a few others if you get really fancy with databases or something). http://www.w3schools.com/

There's also these I heard about, though I haven't tried them myself:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #44620 on: March 15, 2012, 01:26:29 am »

Aaarghh, few more weeks pass and the place I ordered joystick from still hasnt gotten it so they could send it forward. If I didnt know that the place has been always been slow I would think Ive been scammed. I hope I never need to use the place again though.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #44621 on: March 15, 2012, 05:44:45 am »

Just beat Dead Space for android

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44622 on: March 15, 2012, 05:58:08 am »

I just read some fanfics at random. 5 MLP:FiM and 3 Fallout.
 :-\
Is fanfiction.net were bad authors go to die? All the good authors seem to use Google Docs or blogs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44623 on: March 15, 2012, 06:10:21 am »

I'll hazard a guess and say "Yes."

On the other hand, Sturgeon's law.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44624 on: March 15, 2012, 06:12:22 am »

This video.

While the guy does has some valid points (like the general filthiness of Cebu and beggars everywhere), his 'generally being caustic' and complaining about certain things like the fact there's a ton of Koreans here and the acronym of the terrorist group MILF is just plain silly.

Because of that, most of the people over here won't take him seriously.

I guess that was also the guy's schtick: complaining about stuff.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 2973 2974 [2975] 2976 2977 ... 8167