Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2972 2973 [2974] 2975 2976 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446466 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44595 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:43 pm »

Is Storify a play on "Horrify"?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #44596 on: March 14, 2012, 08:29:43 pm »

Cupcakes.

I was browsing TvTropes when I found out about it, then clicked the link out of morbid curiosity. 

I quit right after the sedative was administered.
In my mind: "Fuck all that noise, I'm getting out of here."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:36:05 pm by jc6036 »

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44597 on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:09 pm »

100 awful people that would murder their gay child, I know there's probably a good amount of people on there exaggerating but still...  :(

That is a particular class of people that I have neither the ability nor the desire to understand.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44598 on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:39 pm »

Every time I feel a little faith in humanity, I read Yahoo! Answers, and I feel alright again.
You haven't visited the politics section yet, have you? It's full of "THE EVIL LIBERALS IS COMMUNISTS!" and "THE EVIL LIBERALS REPORTED ME. THEY BE EVIL"
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44599 on: March 14, 2012, 08:43:28 pm »

100 awful people that would murder their gay child, I know there's probably a good amount of people on there exaggerating but still...  :(
Wonder how many of them consider themselves to be "pro-life"?  ::)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44600 on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:56 pm »

Every time I feel a little faith in humanity, I read Yahoo! Answers, and I feel alright again.
You haven't visited the politics section yet, have you? It's full of "THE EVIL LIBERALS IS COMMUNISTS!" and "THE EVIL LIBERALS REPORTED ME. THEY BE EVIL"
Ehh...
I kind of built up a resistance to that particular breed of idiocy while browsing these fora.
If you don't want to sift through the less amusing/insane threads.
Wonder how many of them consider themselves to be "pro-life"?  ::)
Beat me to it...
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44601 on: March 14, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

You visit Free Republic?

Good sir or madam, I both envy your courage and pity your brain. Both will be tested there.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44602 on: March 14, 2012, 08:53:52 pm »

Cupcakes.

I was browsing TvTropes when I found out about it, then clicked the link out of morbid curiosity. 

I quit right after the sedative was administered.
In my mind: "Fuck all that noise, I'm getting out of here."
I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole.

I will however link the animation.

*cackle manically*
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44603 on: March 14, 2012, 08:55:49 pm »

Not too often...
I just do it to remind myself that people like that exist & for the occasional laugh.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44604 on: March 14, 2012, 09:08:50 pm »

This makes me want to cry. It reminds me of a whole clique of people at my school that are super-christian and flaunt it, and then say horrible things. One friend of mine even said (while talking about these 'Gay =/= Stupid' posters), that it didn't matter what they thought because they were horrible abominations. (Or something very close to that.)

I wanted to cry right there. :/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44605 on: March 14, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »

This makes me want to cry. It reminds me of a whole clique of people at my school that are super-christian and flaunt it, and then say horrible things. One friend of mine even said (while talking about these 'Gay =/= Stupid' posters), that it didn't matter what they thought because they were horrible abominations. (Or something very close to that.)

School makes people asses. That's why I prefer homeschooling.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44606 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:13 pm »

Tell that to the young-earth-creationists who homeschool. It depends on what school you go to more than anything else. In my high school, we had a very active Gay-Straight Alliance and only a few students were openly against them.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44607 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:39 pm »

I used to be homeschooled, and I think going to a 'real' school for high school was the right choice, I've met PEOPLE! (And made good friends!) and having teachers to consult with is very helpful. There are some real jerkfaces though, but I'm quite good at ignoring them. It just sucks when someone who is your friend says something appalling like that, especially when they flaunt how accepting and religious they are.

Tell that to the young-earth-creationists who homeschool. It depends on what school you go to more than anything else. In my high school, we had a very active Gay-Straight Alliance and only a few students were openly against them.

We have one of those, they put up the aforementioned posters. I really want to join it, but it'd basically be admitting to everyone that I'm gay, and I'm not really ready to do that. :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44608 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »

Please note the "Straight" part of the "Gay-Straight Alliance". Not everyone in those organizations is automatically gay, lesbian, transgendered, w/e. It does kind of mean that you support them however, which can be just as big a problem (again, depending on where you live).

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44609 on: March 14, 2012, 09:18:38 pm »

Please note the "Straight" part of the "Gay-Straight Alliance". Not everyone in those organizations is automatically gay, lesbian, transgendered, w/e. It does kind of mean that you support them however, which can be just as big a problem (again, depending on where you live).

Yeah, but my parents wouldn't buy that for half a second. They're all ready suspicious enough (talking to drunk parents for the win!) and I'm not really eager to bring it up. People at school I could care less about, though.
Pages: 1 ... 2972 2973 [2974] 2975 2976 ... 8167