Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2962 2963 [2964] 2965 2966 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440823 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44445 on: March 10, 2012, 08:27:30 pm »

I feel like the immaturity levels on this forum have gone uP a little lately :(

Yeah, like people whining about pony fanfic than something that is actually real, like the death of a dear family member.
This isn't the "What killed your soul today" thread, it is the generic "What made you sad" topic. There is no minimum level of sadness required to post something here. There should also be no complaining about how inconsequential it may seem to you, because the same thing could be applied to any post in this thread by anyone. This is a venting thread, and unless the venting is directed at someone who is on these boards (out-of-bounds targets) it should not be ridiculed inside this topic.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44446 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »

I'm sorry, I was just thinkin' that the ponies that infect this forum and the rest of the internet have fallen prey to a very smart marketing system.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44447 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:02 pm »

Ok, I think I might have made some headway into my computer issues. Disabling something called a Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter SEEMS to have relieved the frustrating hairpulling problems, but I fear that some of the previous issues may still be lingering. I'm still sad since it feels like I'm slogging through someone else's shitty design decisions to get what I paid hundreds of dollars for to work the way it's supposed to work.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #44448 on: March 11, 2012, 07:17:12 am »

I'm sorry, I was just thinkin' that the ponies that infect this forum and the rest of the internet have fallen prey to a very smart marketing system.
But. . .I would never think of buying hasbro stuff even though I like the show.  But that's just me, I guess.
I suppose there're plenty of people across the net that gobble hasbro stuff up.
Eh, whatever.  We're all entitiled to our own opinions.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44449 on: March 11, 2012, 08:26:22 am »

My grandmother keeps pressuring me to go to church, but I really don't want to. She tells me that it was a 'big step' in my faith to get baptized, but I only really did it because everyone in my family kept pressuring me to...but I don't want to tell her any of this because it would break her heart.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44450 on: March 11, 2012, 08:34:48 am »

Same could be said of any merchandise driven show, like Transformers or any comic book hero cartoon. They're there to sell action figures.
And if you want to get all cynical about it, everything that makes money is "guilty." Webcomics are "just" there to sell tshirts and novelty mugs. Movies are "just" to sell theatre tickets and DVDs.

Really you can look at it like a marketing scam, or you can look at it like a positive side effect of marketing. They want to sell toys, so they make a cartoon to advertise it. Good cartoons will get more viewers. They get sales, we get a good cartoon. Win win.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MerchandiseDriven
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:44:24 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44451 on: March 11, 2012, 09:46:56 am »

Fuck, my main computer got hit with some damn malware D:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44452 on: March 11, 2012, 09:52:09 am »

^^
Something similar. Mine just slowed to a snail's pace a few days ago and I'm spending today defragging and doing anything else I can to make sure it's alright.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44453 on: March 11, 2012, 09:54:01 am »

This one is actively blocking any EXE files though. And it's a fake AV program too.

Need help with that thing D:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44454 on: March 11, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »

Ok, I think I might have made some headway into my computer issues. Disabling something called a Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter SEEMS to have relieved the frustrating hairpulling problems, but I fear that some of the previous issues may still be lingering. I'm still sad since it feels like I'm slogging through someone else's shitty design decisions to get what I paid hundreds of dollars for to work the way it's supposed to work.

Once again... nevermind... I'm tearing my hair out here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44455 on: March 11, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »

Of all the days for daylight savings to change!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44456 on: March 11, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »

Why does nobody tell me about these things.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44457 on: March 11, 2012, 03:32:37 pm »

With two younger brothers hell bent on ruining everything I do, yes. I also live in the middle of nowhere.

You have no parents around for three days, a girl who likes you, and a reason for her to come and get you out of the house, and you're /complaining/?
Love, scriver~

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44458 on: March 11, 2012, 04:00:03 pm »

With two younger brothers hell bent on ruining everything I do, yes. I also live in the middle of nowhere.
You have no parents around for three days, a girl who likes you, and a reason for her to come and get you out of the house, and you're /complaining/?
[/complaints]
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44459 on: March 11, 2012, 05:33:31 pm »

Wait, the US is not on the same daylight saving cycle as we are?
Pages: 1 ... 2962 2963 [2964] 2965 2966 ... 8167