Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2960 2961 [2962] 2963 2964 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442190 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44415 on: March 10, 2012, 02:59:27 am »

Sounds good for me.

All three of them. I do not care if you didn't ask - you don't have to unspoiler them.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44416 on: March 10, 2012, 03:24:02 am »

I visited my great-grandmother in hospital today. She's 93 and is likely slipping away- she's had such a hard life but now she can rest.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44417 on: March 10, 2012, 07:09:03 am »

Why am I so damn innocent and/or socially inept?

Went to a friend of mine's birthday party. Was mostly fine, until I go outside with another friend to get some fresh air (it was super hot) and she (also being super innocent!) asks this guy who came out with us why he has an empty water bottle. I then learn that it is to be used to smoke with, and head back inside pretty much immediately. (While my friend stays out, I think she was trying to tell him not to). Queue some other two people full-on making out at the dinner tables, a couple more people going outside to smoke, and then the birthday girl going outside (she said to yell at them, but texting to her later she says that she just wanted them to give her some).

So yeah. This was all super unexpected and bleh, especially since her parents were there and it was at a public venue, and somehow nobody noticed any of this. And it was a shock to me, too, since I have pretty much been home-schooled my whole life till last year.
The perversity of the modern teenager/20+ year old is appalling, especially when you're first exposed to it. Don't feel bad.

In other news, judging by the people in my school, the majority of my generation is full of stupid douchebags.
And somehow I'm the nice guy and I've never been on a date.
;-;

Hmm... I'm pretty prudish, but I'd hardly call that perverse. Though not habits I care for, a lot of people smoke and drink socially at parties because it makes it easier for them to relax around people; not everyone has developed the skill to just Not Give A Damn at will. As for the public macking-ons happening, it's par for the course for most younger folks... part of growing as a person can be going completely stupid over someone you like, your friends and the rest of the world be damned, and eventually realizing what a bad and irresponsible idea that is (hopefully before anything bad happens).

Life is largely a process of trial and error, which brings us from a state of complete ignorance to one of wisdom. Don't judge people for their experimentation and self-education, even if they're making bad decisions, lest they judge you for yours.

</Soapbox>

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #44418 on: March 10, 2012, 07:34:01 am »

Yesterday I've read two, today I have read one sad MLP fanfic. I am one sensitive bastard, as they made me cry and I even had to hide it from the family. Seriously, what would I tell them?

You want sad? Read My Little Dashie, its been months and I still cry sometimes.

Many manly tears and many tears

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #44419 on: March 10, 2012, 11:19:36 am »

Seeing how much homestuck is left before me since I just recently started at the beginning is giving me a severe case of Archive Panic.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44420 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:18 am »

I gave up on trying to catch up in Homestuck a long time ago. That webcomic is long and I'm sure he works on it full-time now.

I'm about 2 weeks behind in my studies and midterms are coming up. Joy. Sometimes I hate having ADHD. I'm going to have to talk to my professors about this on Monday to see if something can be done.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #44421 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:00 pm »

I feel like the immaturity levels on this forum have gone uP a little lately :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44422 on: March 10, 2012, 12:14:48 pm »

It is just in your head. Everything is basically the same as it has always been.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44423 on: March 10, 2012, 12:15:53 pm »

Nah, the amount of five year olds bitching about DF ripoffs has increased, I think we're up to the sixth thread about A Game of Dwarves this week.
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44424 on: March 10, 2012, 12:17:04 pm »

Hey, that comparison is unfair to 5 year olds.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #44425 on: March 10, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »

Nah, the amount of five year olds bitching about DF ripoffs has increased, I think we're up to the sixth thread about A Game of Dwarves this week.
This is why I don't go above Other Games any more.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44426 on: March 10, 2012, 12:18:57 pm »

They also seem to be forgetting that one of the devs on it, who worked on Dwarfs!? came to the forums and gave away about 300 free game keys for aforementioned Dwarfs!?, and then private messaged even more keys to people who didn't get one of the posted ones on time.
*Hugs*

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #44427 on: March 10, 2012, 12:20:24 pm »

I stopped visiting the upper forums shortly after joining bay 12.
And started visiting the roleplaying forums.
There is a metric shitton of immaturity up there :-/

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44428 on: March 10, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »

Meh, there's immaturity everywhere, it's hardly solely isolated to the Upper Boards
*Hugs*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44429 on: March 10, 2012, 12:26:56 pm »

In serious... define "maturity."

Like "common sense," everyone has their own definition, which is why both maturity and common sense are "uncommon." One person's spewing memes is another's making funny jokes.

Going off on how people are "immature" is saying roughly squat. Being descriptive (like mentioning the game of dwarves whining) is a million times better at communicating what you want to say.

The more you know~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2960 2961 [2962] 2963 2964 ... 8167