Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2957 2958 [2959] 2960 2961 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443116 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44370 on: March 09, 2012, 10:42:06 am »

http://xkcd.com/

Somehow I found the todays comic rather similar to myself, that scared me a little but also made me sad :<

Also not going to the gig tonight, because no one else can/wants to go, and it's a fucking great band, just not when you are by yourself without someone to jump along and dance with you :<
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44371 on: March 09, 2012, 11:05:52 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:36:44 pm by Ogdibus »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44372 on: March 09, 2012, 11:12:25 am »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:00:10 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44373 on: March 09, 2012, 11:17:41 am »

You make me sad, Truean, also make me feel compelled to visit you and spend at least one evening with you to try to make you feel better :P

Not gonna happen, given my lack of moneys and several geographical obstacles :(
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44374 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:48 am »

http://xkcd.com/

Somehow I found the todays comic rather similar to myself, that scared me a little but also made me sad :<

Also not going to the gig tonight, because no one else can/wants to go, and it's a fucking great band, just not when you are by yourself without someone to jump along and dance with you :<

It's amusing that XKCD is one of the only comics, or producers of anything anywhere really, that creates content designed to alienate it's target audience, and gets away with it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44375 on: March 09, 2012, 11:25:22 am »

Well at least you've got "friends" that see use as useful, if not someone they want to hang out with.

I don't really have either...

Actually, I've been doing kind of crap on the whole friend thing front. I'm down to two - a good friend from Uni who lives a state away that I never see, and my wife. My dating has been fun but... not terribly lucrative. People are always terribly excited to meet me and seem incredibly interested until I actually show up, then they leave and never want to talk again. I have no idea how to extend work relationships beyond work, and my coworkers have stopped inviting me to the one social thing I know they do. Social events... there's just a distance. I like being around people. I like talking with them. But I just don't really know what to do with them.

My wife, since my formerly third friend decided to fuck me over and completely cut off contact with her in the process, literally has no friends at all aside from me. No one to go out with. She's sinking into a pretty deep depression, from what I can tell, and I don't know what I can do about it.

So Truean, well, at least you have fake friends. I'd be happy for that at this point.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44376 on: March 09, 2012, 11:27:56 am »

I'm still curious about the whole wife and dating thing that was never resolved a dozen or so pages back.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44377 on: March 09, 2012, 11:36:07 am »

I thought it was resolved. Was it not resolved? I know I got a lot of PMs I talked it out with people over. Maybe that confused me. What needed to be resolved about it?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44378 on: March 09, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »

Well, there isn't a problem. I was just curious is all.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #44379 on: March 09, 2012, 12:20:02 pm »

I'm still curious about the whole wife and dating thing that was never resolved a dozen or so pages back.

I would assume on of the many variations of an open relationship.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44380 on: March 09, 2012, 12:40:20 pm »

I'm married. Wouldn't mind a girlfriend or even a boyfriend. We see other people occasionally. No secrets or anything, we're pretty open about it. Most of those I've been dating have been in similar situations, so no surprises either.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #44381 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:23 pm »

Playing through Katawa Shoujo and getting all the bad endings. Feels bad, man. Gotta let them all down. No idea if I'm gonna be able to do Hanako's bad route.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44382 on: March 09, 2012, 01:56:38 pm »

Playing through Katawa Shoujo and getting all the bad endings. Feels bad, man. Gotta let them all down. No idea if I'm gonna be able to do Hanako's bad route.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44383 on: March 09, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »

I'm married. Wouldn't mind a girlfriend or even a boyfriend. We see other people occasionally. No secrets or anything, we're pretty open about it. Most of those I've been dating have been in similar situations, so no surprises either.

Not enough confusing proverbs :P
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44384 on: March 09, 2012, 02:03:03 pm »

With all those rich politicians like Gulianni and Gingrich and so on getting to be married and have girlfriends, I thought this sort of thing was just the new normal.
Pages: 1 ... 2957 2958 [2959] 2960 2961 ... 8167