Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2948 2949 [2950] 2951 2952 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438348 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44235 on: March 05, 2012, 10:21:59 pm »

Yea, there is something crippling about the country. I hate it here... Want to go back to my lovely cities, with people and transport and stuff. I miss the stuff...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44236 on: March 05, 2012, 10:25:33 pm »

Yea, there is something crippling about the country. I hate it here... Want to go back to my lovely cities, with people and transport and stuff. I miss the stuff...

I'm the opposite. I would like nothing better than to leave this stinking city and return to a place where I can see the stars at night.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44237 on: March 05, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »

The grass is always greener.

Having lived in cities, suburbs, and the country (mostly suburbs), the country is my least favorite.  Going to the corner store is a half-hour chore, your neighbors are inevitably terrifying when you see them at all, you can't leave pets outside at night.  But mostly the whole place has a... depressing air.  Not depression inducing, it just feels lazy and makes you lose track of time.

Not that living in an inner-city basement doesn't do the same thing, but at least there you have the option of going outside and finding signs of life.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44238 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:43 pm »

No, Sydney is the greenest. Melbourne may have more saturation, but heck I like that sort of a mossy green tone anyway. It's hue is the greenest, and none other sides are as green as it is.

I just wish that there was somewhere to go outside of this house. Going several days at a time here without exposure to natural light...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44239 on: March 05, 2012, 10:33:21 pm »

I want both!

Give me stars and give me people.

* Descan goes to live on a space station colony.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44240 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:34 pm »

I want both!

Give me stars and give me people.

* Descan goes to live on a space station colony.
I'm pretty sure the grass there is...astroturf.  8)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #44241 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:27 pm »

The grass is always greener.

Having lived in cities, suburbs, and the country (mostly suburbs), the country is my least favorite.  Going to the corner store is a half-hour chore, your neighbors are inevitably terrifying when you see them at all, you can't leave pets outside at night.  But mostly the whole place has a... depressing air.  Not depression inducing, it just feels lazy and makes you lose track of time.

Not that living in an inner-city basement doesn't do the same thing, but at least there you have the option of going outside and finding signs of life.
Found much more life when I lived in the country than I do in the city. Was happier too.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44242 on: March 05, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »

I'll trade you man. I mean if you are fine with being half an hour by car away from humanity and no transport, I have something right up your ally!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44243 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:03 pm »

Can't concentrate. Gonna fail my C++ midterm on wednesday. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44244 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:02 pm »

I enjoyed both the country and the city. I just couldn't stand the outer suburbs/small towns - that's the shit that really drives me bonkers.

The city and the true country just have so much to do and explore. Suburbia is just great tracks of mindnumbingly depressing ennui.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44245 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:55 am »

So I am really out of it today.
I played a couple games of league earlier where I made an endless series of dumb mistakes and panicked like a headless chicken, which consequently lead to me being yelled at by my team-mates a lot which made me mess up even more and eventually even made me cry a little.

I tried doing some writing, but I couldn't even get started on it, I just froze up.

Then I tried practising some piano. I got a little of the way in before I froze up again, and mixed up all the keys despite the fact that I'd played that particular thing a hundred times before just fine.

Oh, and I just remembered that I was supposed to have scouted out the library while I was out today, but I seem to have blanked the idea out of my mind completely as some form of self defence mechanism. So that never actually happened.

I feel incredibly disjointed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44246 on: March 06, 2012, 01:33:31 am »

Fuck off, Youtube scientology ad. Especially when you go over subtitles.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44247 on: March 06, 2012, 03:21:33 am »

No, Sydney is the greenest. Melbourne may have more saturation, but heck I like that sort of a mossy green tone anyway. It's hue is the greenest, and none other sides are as green as it is.

I just wish that there was somewhere to go outside of this house. Going several days at a time here without exposure to natural light...

Come to Melbourne, where there're beautiful parks within the city itself, (Studley Park, and a few others) not to mention the ones within one hour's drive of Melbourne. :D

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44248 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »

Come to Melbourne, where there're beautiful parks within the city itself, (Studley Park, and a few others) not to mention the ones within one hour's drive of Melbourne. :D
I have to ask, do you see many deadly insects in these parks?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44249 on: March 06, 2012, 03:09:46 pm »

Knowing Australia, the answer to that is that the parks are actually composed entirely of highly venomous insects. And Golden Orb Weaver spiders.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2948 2949 [2950] 2951 2952 ... 8167