Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2945 2946 [2947] 2948 2949 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441806 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #44190 on: March 04, 2012, 03:55:14 pm »

So my best friend finally got together with someone (and he's a pretty awesome guy all around), now, I can't be happier for her since she really needed something positive in her life as things have been going downhill for her for a while. The sad thing is, I feel kind of bad about it too. This is because we have been rather close for the last year or so, pushing each other trough despair and bad times, we had this unspoken little forever alone club that we were the only members of. Now I feel somehow left behind, I know it's not really like that and that we can still talk about pretty much anything but there is that little part of me afraid of loosing her.

So today I couldn't look her in the face for the most part because I was afraid she would see trough that thin smile I always have, and I really don't want to, I can't make her feel guilty about being happy for the first time in months.

Good thing I won't see her for another two weeks or so, should give me time enough to calm the irrational fears and kick my annoying immature side in the nuts so hard it sends the little fucker whimpering away.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44191 on: March 04, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »

Thank you internet for explaining the origin of the name of this video.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #44192 on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:38 pm »

Wow. I signed some petitions about SOPA and the other ones back a while ago, and now I am getting email spam. Last time I fucking try to help a cause.
Got the same problem :P
I get spammed by emails about ACTA, Syria and Russian gays.
Stop ACTA! Protect our right to spam! :P
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
The gays want to take away our Free Markets and our chicken fries!

"No! Not the chicken fries!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #44193 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:58 am »

So, helping yourself by signing the Anti-Sopa thing, you get sad that they ask if you want to help other people who're suffering more than you would've without a free internet?

Wow, humanity makes me sad.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44194 on: March 05, 2012, 12:54:42 am »

I don't think it's the cause, it's the pestering.  You could argue that PETA's cause (To treat animals ethically) is a good one, but their methods are one of several reasons everyone who isn't in PETA hates them.
Shoes...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44195 on: March 05, 2012, 03:12:57 am »

So... I saved over my hot-tempered brother's save file in X3: Albion Prelude.

I am so f**ked.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44196 on: March 05, 2012, 08:05:49 am »

So, helping yourself by signing the Anti-Sopa thing, you get sad that they ask if you want to help other people who're suffering more than you would've without a free internet?

Wow, humanity makes me sad.
I actually sign most of the petition mail I get from Avaaz but getting flooded by mail is still kinda annoying sometimes :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44197 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:42 am »

Have a date tonight I've been looking forward to.

Managed to forget this morning just long enough to put on perhaps my crappiest work outfit and forget to shave, and the wind destroyed what little I had going on with my hair.

Visual component of date interview process failed on my end. :/

I suppose I could try heading home during lunch to recover, but that's cutting things dangerously close... it's a lengthy round trip to hit during my lunch break.

So - hit date with scraggly chin and dull orange not quite fitting button up shirt and messy hair, or forget bothering to eat during lunch break and risk it taking too long?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #44198 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:40 am »

Have a date tonight I've been looking forward to.

Managed to forget this morning just long enough to put on perhaps my crappiest work outfit and forget to shave, and the wind destroyed what little I had going on with my hair.

Visual component of date interview process failed on my end. :/

I suppose I could try heading home during lunch to recover, but that's cutting things dangerously close... it's a lengthy round trip to hit during my lunch break.

So - hit date with scraggly chin and dull orange not quite fitting button up shirt and messy hair, or forget bothering to eat during lunch break and risk it taking too long?

If it were me, option two, unless you have a really non-understanding boss. If you have to, just say you realized you left the stove on and need to go turn it off or somesuch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44200 on: March 05, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

I just feel bad today. Occasionally it feels like life was rigged against me from the start, but then I feel that I'm just so pathetic that, if anyone else were in my shoes, they'd be doing just fine and I just fail at life.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44201 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:37 am »

I am so f**ked.
Quick, rename your file and convince him that he did it! Or, preemptively kick his ass for no reason. Either way.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44202 on: March 05, 2012, 11:43:07 am »

I am so f**ked.
This is why I started using different memory cards/save folders/etc when I used to live with my brother.

I overwrite his FF7 save and his Grandia 1 save. Twice. For both games.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44203 on: March 05, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »

I feel like my lungs are filled with liquid, and every time I cough, I can taste blood. God DAMN you, lungs.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44204 on: March 05, 2012, 12:42:50 pm »

Get to a goddamn hospital if you're having trouble breathing. Pneumonia is no laughing matter.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2945 2946 [2947] 2948 2949 ... 8167