Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2930 2931 [2932] 2933 2934 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450137 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43965 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:54 pm »

Advice, edit out the location information that can be used to track you. :)

Does he have anything to fear?

If so, I'd like to request a murder at Sognegårds Allé 37 3.T.H Hvidovre 2650 Region Hovedstaden Danmark

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43966 on: February 27, 2012, 08:12:29 pm »

[sigh] I shoulda PMed him.... Sorry.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43967 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:26 pm »

I've said it before, when I posted my full name and my facebook, but fearing the internet is fearing yourself.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43968 on: February 27, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

I've said it before, when I posted my full name and my facebook, but fearing the internet is fearing yourself.

... it's fearing the other people on the internet, not yourself....

Mistranslation?

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43969 on: February 27, 2012, 08:16:43 pm »

Maybe he's saying the internet is a hive mind and he's part of it?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43970 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:12 pm »

Maybe he's saying the internet is a hive mind and he's part of it?

If bees sting themselves, sure. :)

Please don't quote me.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43971 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:40 pm »

Nope, I honestly belief it's lack of faith in yourself to fear the internet, why would your name and address on the internet be anymore dangerous than everywhere else it is located?

Or maybe I just really want a murder to visit me.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43972 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:25 pm »

Nope, I honestly belief it's lack of faith in yourself to fear the internet, why would your name and address on the internet be anymore dangerous than everywhere else it is located?

I've got an arsenal and I never sleep.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43973 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »

I'm going to mail you a box full of dead crows.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43974 on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:02 pm »

If so, I'd like to request a murder at Sognegårds Allé 37 3.T.H Hvidovre 2650 Region Hovedstaden Danmark
I'd honor that request for you, but I don't do anything for free. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43975 on: February 27, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »

No one's going to randomly pull up your facebook and decide to stab you in your sleep one day.

However, there are plenty of jerkasses out there, and you interact with people on the internet in far greater numbers at a time than in real life. You post a message here, it's read by dozens of people, not even those who you're talking to. Have a conversation in real life, there's not going to be all that many eavesdroppers.

Some jerk decides to harass you because of a random comment somewhere, and they then can get all your information to do so. That is why people are paranoid about it; not people throwing darts at facebook pages to see who they're going to murder today, but hypersensitives and/or jerkasses who get peeved and decide to troll whoever pissed them off.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43976 on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »

People should go ahead and troll me then, I'll find a way to troll them back and we'll have fun.

I just never liked internet anonymity much, I'm more of a "Chubby Gay Viking Goodness of Scandinavia: COME AT ME BRAHS"

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43977 on: February 27, 2012, 08:32:42 pm »

People should go ahead and troll me then, I'll find a way to troll them back and we'll have fun.

I just never liked internet anonymity much, I'm more of a "Chubby Gay Viking Goodness of Scandinavia: COME AT ME BRAHS"
Do you watch Robbaz's videos?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43978 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »

Do you watch Robbaz's videos?

Who is Robbaz?

Edit:
In case you didn't realizse, that's my address. You can look it up at Google Map, even!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:37:49 pm by Lysabild »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43979 on: February 27, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »

Edit:
In case you didn't realizse, that's my address. You can look it up at Google Map, even!
I did realize. That was the joke. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2930 2931 [2932] 2933 2934 ... 8167