Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2929 2930 [2931] 2932 2933 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449990 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43950 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:36 pm »

So the universtiy classes I signed up for started yesterday, and I'm not in them. Hopefully the paper work from my old course will turn up in time for me to reapply next year, in the mean time I get to stay at my current job, in the 3d industry. Wonderful.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43951 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:55 pm »

I'd be really creeped out if someone tried to set me up with their daughter.
Ditto.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43952 on: February 27, 2012, 06:14:07 pm »

Ditto.

I wouldn't mind getting set up with someones daughter if she was my type. It also wouldn't creep me out if someone tried to set me up with their son. The only difference is the answer would be no instead of maybe.

What is creepy: trying to use a job offer as bait. Do you really want someone dating your daughter just for a job? Do you think that little of me, and worse of her?

Edit: The me in this case is hypothetically not me, but rather Truean, or more accurately a generic person in that circumstance.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43953 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:34 pm »

Ditto.
If I were in that position(the job offer for dating the daughter), I would immediately unsheathe my razor-sharp wit and ask him casually,"Do I get a test drive before a down payment?"(or anything really implying intercourse with his offspring) Grin maddeningly and mentally giggle like a girl while the vein in his forehead begins to swell.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43954 on: February 27, 2012, 06:22:36 pm »

I would totally do it. Chances are she doesn't want to go on this arranged date any more than you do, thus you can go not expecting anything,  make jokes about how annoying her father is, and maybe make a friend out of it.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43955 on: February 27, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »

Bleh.  Found out today that in 4 to 6 months my workplace is going to shove me into a 12x12 cubicle with 5 other people next to a bunch of other 12x12 cubicles with 6 people in them.

Its going to be noisy, smelly and I'm not going to have enough space to do things.  I'm already underpaid for what I do, so I think I'm going to have to consider quitting when that happens, which is terrifying.  I have a bad tendency to get pretty depressed when I'm looking for new work.  :(

I guess I'll starting saving my money and thinking hard about my future.

2 things:
1.) Start looking for a job now, and take it reasonably slow. This should help stave off the depression and minimize the time when you're not getting any income.

2.) Quit with passion: be self confident and let them know straight up that you're quitting because you think you're underpaid and the future working conditions will be abhorrent. Don't even let them try to respond--your mind is made up. (There's a somewhat fine line between this and ticking them off though, so be careful if you need them as a reference).

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43956 on: February 27, 2012, 07:16:43 pm »

Chances are she doesn't want to go on this arranged date any more than you do, thus you can go not expecting anything,  make jokes about how annoying her father is, and maybe make a friend out of it.

That's the worst part. She wants this! We've talked. Or rather she talked and I prayed she'd contract lockjaw. I baited her by spending a few minutes talking about hanging out with a friend of mine who is a girl. Her response fell exactly where I feared.

"So is that you're giiirlfriiiend?"

[Shivers, screams inside cause she knew I didn't have a girlfriend so can't use that one and also why is she asking when she knows the answer...?]

This is the problem with rich people. They get whatever they want and when they don't, then make other people's lives hell.... I can totally see her whining to daddy on this one, can't you?

Power, stupidity, and greed. Add some expired sugar on top and you've got a bitch cupcake.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43957 on: February 27, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »

Bitchcake is the worst of all cakes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43958 on: February 27, 2012, 07:28:48 pm »

So there was a shooting in a school not ten miles away from here.

My mother has been gossiping about it endlessly with everyone she knows. Apparently her boss is in a panic about it because he has a daughter that goes to the school.

*sigh*

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43959 on: February 27, 2012, 07:39:26 pm »

I might have sigged you on this if my box wasn't already full.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43960 on: February 27, 2012, 07:42:03 pm »

The House Bunny is on TV right now, too lazy to reach the remote, plus it's an interesting study into what I consider the worst kind of person to exist today, the Jersey Shore kind of person, the "Famous for no ther reason than appearing somewhere once and just infecting the media" kind of person. And this movie depicts that kind of person transforming an individualistic little group into generic "hottie" flesh bags. So far the message of thisab movie was that if you don't try to fit in into whatever is the currently accept term of hot you are bound to fail at life.

Also my glasses decided to come loose once again, not that they were holding together any good so far, simple wiping would pop both glasses out with ease, now one goes out with the slightest breeze.

Also, nice, they are rejecting the assimilation it seems :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43961 on: February 27, 2012, 07:55:45 pm »

I might have sigged you on this if my box wasn't already full.
Remove the link/date

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43962 on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »

Advice, edit out the location information that can be used to track you. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43963 on: February 27, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »

Why?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43964 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:33 pm »

Why?
Because now I know that Pnx lives about 10 miles from American High School and I'm just going to walk in a rough circle around it peering in windows until I find the one with Bay12 forums open on a monitor, break in, and wait.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2929 2930 [2931] 2932 2933 ... 8167