Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2928 2929 [2930] 2931 2932 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451003 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43935 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »

So I had a dream, and when I woke up I thought that the dream would make for a good bit of writing. But now I can't remember what it was...  :(

maybe it will come back to me over the course of the day, like my usual dreams do.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43936 on: February 26, 2012, 03:27:52 pm »

That's because it's hilarious! Also, I'm really not all that big. In fact, I'm very, very short.

You may be short in length, but you're big in spirit.

Also you facepunch people into buying writers for a living.
Love, scriver~

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #43937 on: February 26, 2012, 06:23:48 pm »

I am way, way too one sided. It's like I literally can't do anything for anyone anymore and I don't know when this happened.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43938 on: February 26, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

Fuckfuckfuckroominfestedbytics
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43939 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:41 pm »

At work the other day I came across a book that described in detail what Hitler was going to do with the Jews of Germany, how he was going to keep the German population from intervening, and how he was probably going to kill them all.

The book was published in March 1939. It was, in fact, an open call for an immediate Anglo-American declaration of war.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43940 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00:08 pm »

I drank too much last night,  I woke up with uvulitis and had it all day and I hate it.  It's the 3rd time I've had it in my life.
But thats not what I'm sad about, what I'm sad about it, after I took a shower this morning I realized someone had written something on my hand last light, it is now unreadable and I wish I knew what it said or who wrote it.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43941 on: February 27, 2012, 05:15:00 am »

THREE out of the four trains I caught today were disrupted/delayed.

The city bound train from where I live was delayed by twelve minutes, meaning I just BARELY made it to the first ever lecture.
Then, on the way home, the city bound train from St. Albans abruptly broke down at Sunshine (not as nice as it sounds) and we waited half an hour for the next train.
Finally, on the way home, the Pakenham bound train from the city abruptly terminated at Dandenong (not a nice suburb) and we had to catch an ancient rickety bus. It took ages and I was rather cranky. It was apparently due to the rain causing flooding and bringing down the train's powerlines.

Seriously, victoria's infrastructure is like paper. First sign of rain and it turns to a sticky mess.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43942 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:02 am »

The vets' kept my cat for the night. They couldn't see anything clearly wrong in her blood or urine (there were some white bloodbodies and bacteria though), so they put her on re-hydration, vitamines and anti and some other stuff to see how things go. I miss her already. It must be very scary, being alone there with all the other animals. I really do hope it's nothing serious. Vet said it might be urinal way infection in the early stages. I'm still rather worried about FIV though, because when my last kitty died from it the vet said you can't tell it's FIV until (or rather unless the body is) post-mortem'd.

I don't know what to do if she dies.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43943 on: February 27, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »

One more day where I feel like I'm never going to get the hang of this programming thing. *sigh*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43944 on: February 27, 2012, 03:49:22 pm »

Bleh.  Found out today that in 4 to 6 months my workplace is going to shove me into a 12x12 cubicle with 5 other people next to a bunch of other 12x12 cubicles with 6 people in them.

Its going to be noisy, smelly and I'm not going to have enough space to do things.  I'm already underpaid for what I do, so I think I'm going to have to consider quitting when that happens, which is terrifying.  I have a bad tendency to get pretty depressed when I'm looking for new work.  :(

I guess I'll starting saving my money and thinking hard about my future.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43945 on: February 27, 2012, 03:54:34 pm »

Protip: look for work, and hopefully find that new job before quiting.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43946 on: February 27, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

Protip: look for work, and hopefully find that new job before quiting.

Yeah, probably a good idea.  I'm half considering doing contracting work, but I've heard it can be pretty stressful.  I'll give myself a week to think about this.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #43947 on: February 27, 2012, 04:05:54 pm »

Edit: 5 hours time to sleep left.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:11:02 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43948 on: February 27, 2012, 04:49:06 pm »

I really don't like discussing politics, or religion in real life, or mostly at all. People are stuck in their ways and there's no winning. Factual and legal inaccuracies just don't enter into it.

I.) Truean rants whines about ranting to keep some semblance of sanity and realizing sanity is long gone.
I have clients who just insist upon doing this and wasting my fucking time, not that they wanna pay for the time they waste mind you. They just want to say "My lawyer even said, [insert whatever their bullshit opinion is] is right!"  They are stealing my name to give their crackpot shit credibility it doesn't deserve. [Softly rubs temples with one hand, massaging the headache] I am an excellent liar and I will tell them anything they want to hear concerning their stupid, ignorant, bullshit political opinions, and I'll do it convincingly, because they're worthless. They demand this, whether they admit it or not. [sigh]

The opinions, they mean less than nothing to me and it is literally impossible for me to care any less on the topic of whatever non legal issue they are wasting my time with and not paying me for. I make a mental note to deduct 20 IQ points from my assessment of anyone who does this in my office. They are wasting my time: democrat, republican, whatever. I have a job to do, this is not helping. Fuck you and quit your bullshitting so I can get it done. How do you expect me to do all the shit that needs done if my time is being wasting like this? Not paying for it, are you...?

Also, I have phone calls to return. People wonder why I can never get back to them fast enough, and then proceed to waste my fucking time. It's an endless cycle. Step 1.) The poor clerk and secretary hear,  "Why won't he call me back? What do you mean he's with someone else? How long will that take?!?!" 2.) I get back to them and without fail they talk my fucking ear off, thus making it harder for everyone else who wants to get ahold of me, to get ahold of me.... ???" Rinse, repeat, forever. I don't give a fuck about whatever inane drivel they happen to be spouting this week. It has nothing to do with the task they have hired me for.

Guess how long I got tied up in this crap today: 2 hours between about 7 clients. [shiver, shiver twitch, groan, whimper]. I can't write the contract/will/lease/etc you want and pay enough attention to you to give the seemingly meaningful responses demanded here.... Dear God, let me do my job....

II. No date = No hire?
I've actually been pretty much told I didn't get and won't get a job at this company because I won't date a guy's daughter. It's easy to add up. Whenever I say the slightest thing regarding accounting or especially the corporate position in question, the guy brings up his daughter and her schedule/how she's not doing anything.... He keeps mentioning her and it's far too much to be a coincidence. Why would you ALWAYS bring up your daughter and the fact that she's not doing anything on weekends? Why would you be probing my interests and mentioning ones she has in common with me and suggesting places to do those things? Argh....

I lie about it because I have to, but I am quite gay and should really be a woman myself. I would have no idea what to do with a woman or desire to do it, ever, under any circumstances, at all. If some girl and I were the last two alive on the planet, then you're probably looking at extinction. I've been set up on dates with women I couldn't get out of before. Some of them ended up producing lovely friendships, if I was convinced I could tell her the truth. Others went spectacularly bad with me asking the waitress to make sure at least my food didn't have a funny taste and the waitress understanding exactly what I meant and feeling sorry for me. That particular girl was as astonishingly pretty as she was rude, insensitive and insulting and a horrible person....

Repeated gunshots to the face would've been worth it to get out of that date 5 minutes early....

[shivers] Basically this guy is trying to set his daughter up with someone he thinks is rich/going to be well off. I'm pretty sure he's an accessory to her attempted gold digging. Just to make sure, I said I wasn't doing anything one weekend and he started talking about the job opening.... <--- huh?

Why? Why does this happen? I'm not that cute! I'm not that well off! WTF? [shiver] The only dates I willingly go on with women are when they know I'm gay and are willing accomplices to help cover up the fact that I'm gay as hell. 75% chance we cuddle and watch chick flicks while painting each other's nails and stuff afterwords.

Meh.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:55:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43949 on: February 27, 2012, 05:05:07 pm »

I'd be really creeped out if someone tried to set me up with their daughter, and I'm straight.
Pages: 1 ... 2928 2929 [2930] 2931 2932 ... 8167