Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2925 2926 [2927] 2928 2929 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452299 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43890 on: February 25, 2012, 08:07:07 am »

As I said on the other forum, I like the new voice better.
Eyes changing sucks, though.
Name being removed I can certainly understand people being upset over, but personally I never liked the name "derpy" in the first place.

What makes me sad is that thread, and the entitled bitching and moaning most of those people are doing.
I'm fine with those who are mad/sad/whatever. I sympathize, though I personally don't care too much.

But those saying "omg hasbro is evil I'm never buying anything from itunes or their toys again"? Those claiming that no more brony shoutouts will ever happen again, and the series is ruined forever? Those raging at fellow fans with the completely unfounded suspicion that complaints from viewers made the change? All quite pitiful.

"Love and tolerate"... except when really angry. Right.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43891 on: February 25, 2012, 08:38:22 am »

Turns out I'm not quite as well recovered as I thought. 37C weather + walking around = exhausted, migrainy Reudh.

Durn that botulism.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43892 on: February 25, 2012, 11:23:47 am »

Ok, this internet trouble is bothering me so much. It's basically getting down to 70-80% chance that any given page just won't load, and it comes down to just refreshing the page over and over until it decides to work. I'm not trying to do anything complex here, just browse alittle, but this is making things intensely frustrating.

I hope this stops soon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43893 on: February 25, 2012, 11:42:00 am »

My cat is acting oddly, breathing rapidly, doesn't eat and powerless. Hopefully, it's just a small illness, but my last cat died from FIV and every time she seems unhealthy I get absolutely terrified. It really doesn't help that when we decided to let her go, she was having a very hard time breathing as well, with the same kind of small, rapid breaths...
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43894 on: February 25, 2012, 11:58:27 am »

Are you taking it to the vet?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43895 on: February 25, 2012, 12:05:00 pm »

There is no need yet, she's only been like this today.. I just get so scared. My father's a vet anyway, so I'm gonna talk with him before I do anything else.
Love, scriver~

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43896 on: February 25, 2012, 04:09:43 pm »

My project to rescue my family has hit some problems...

1: My mothers dog pisses on carpets. No way to rent an apartment with that kind of dog, and even if there was I DO NOT want to live with it.

2: my mothers ceramic hobby. It involves about 7 tons of very heavy, very fragile plaster molds. They can not be stacked due to irregular shape, and can not be stacked upon due to fragility, and they disintegrate into a messy powder even under good conditions. There is no practical way to transport them.  There is no practical way to store them. there is no practical way to use them.

3: I am still very uncertain about buying a home, I have no idea where I will have to be to keep my career going in 3 to 5 years. I refuse to buy a pile of trash to live under, and any decent house in the area is going to cost more than my parents can afford to keep up with after I have to move on for my career. The odds of me settling in one place for a decade or more are extremely slim. I also have less than a month to find and buy a place and move my mother, stepfather and sister from 300 miles away and also move myself.

So I need to find a way to call my mom and tell her that the only way I can help her is if she gives up her only hobby and euthanizes her last dog (her last one because it is the only one out of 30 or so that could not be given away due to being ugly, smelly and peeing on carpet).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43897 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:55 pm »

There is no need yet, she's only been like this today.. I just get so scared. My father's a vet anyway, so I'm gonna talk with him before I do anything else.

Animals generally don't show signs of illness outwardly, unless they've lost the ability to cover it up and have no other choice; it's a sign of weakness, and for them admitting illness is akin to admitting they're ready to die/be killed.

If your cat is powerless and breathing heavily, she is not in a good way. I'd suggest taking her in immediately, after consulting with your folks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43898 on: February 25, 2012, 06:38:30 pm »

Today, I met a precocious twelve year old boy.  The subject came up that he wanted to be a graphic designer, for like videogames and stuff.  His father was insistent that he'd have to move to California to go anywhere with a graphic design career.  I tried to point out how many CG-related companies there are in Dallas, with the example of idGames.  What's that?  Y'know, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein (which was even remade recently).  No freakin' idea.  He was wearing a Modern Warfare t-shirt.

He's also avidly into Legos.  (Yes, I say Legos and you can't stop me.)  So was I, I mention, huge fan, maybe thousands of dollars worth.  The three of us actually manage to talk shop about the Lego Company and their business model and product lines, like the new girls push.  I ask him about his collection.  He describes his annotated inventory of $3200 stock.  "Stock?" I ask.  Yes, stock.  He makes money designing custom adhesives, and sells them through his YouTube channel.  Or did, until he got a cease-and-desist letter.  Which really crimped his business share against his three neighborhood competitors.

To reiterate, he's twelve.  Holy shit do I feel old and useless.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43899 on: February 25, 2012, 06:40:12 pm »

Kid's an alien.  There's no need to feel bad about being outdone by reptoids, it's why they're the secret rulers of the world.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43900 on: February 25, 2012, 06:41:51 pm »

Kid's an alien.  There's no need to feel bad about being outdone by reptoids, it's why they're the secret rulers of the world.

I swear to God.  It better be aliens, or it'll be like those Twilight Zone episodes where they store old people in cubes.  I gotta get outta here.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43901 on: February 25, 2012, 06:42:17 pm »

Today, I met a precocious twelve year old boy.  The subject came up that he wanted to be a graphic designer, for like videogames and stuff.  His father was insistent that he'd have to move to California to go anywhere with a graphic design career.  I tried to point out how many CG-related companies there are in Dallas, with the example of idGames.  What's that?  Y'know, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein (which was even remade recently).  No freakin' idea.  He was wearing a Modern Warfare t-shirt.

He's also avidly into Legos.  (Yes, I say Legos and you can't stop me.)  So was I, I mention, huge fan, maybe thousands of dollars worth.  The three of us actually manage to talk shop about the Lego Company and their business model and product lines, like the new girls push.  I ask him about his collection.  He describes his annotated inventory of $3200 stock.  "Stock?" I ask.  Yes, stock.  He makes money designing custom adhesives, and sells them through his YouTube channel.  Or did, until he got a cease-and-desist letter.  Which really crimped his business share against his three neighborhood competitors.

To reiterate, he's twelve.  Holy shit do I feel old and useless.

Wait, it's the boy and not his father with the adhesive's business?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43902 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:25 pm »

DAMMIT MUSCLE MEMORY it happened again.

I am one accidental manwhore.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43903 on: February 25, 2012, 09:53:02 pm »

I know exactly how you feel.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43904 on: February 25, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »

Yeah I guess I'll just embrace Yu's role as Minato's successor and try to shag as many girls as possible (except for Chie 'cause I already maxed her SL). Oh hello there Priestess Rank 9. You're just on time.
Pages: 1 ... 2925 2926 [2927] 2928 2929 ... 8167