Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2924 2925 [2926] 2927 2928 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453025 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43875 on: February 24, 2012, 01:42:34 pm »

It's 73F outside, which is awesome. Unfortunately, that kind of temperature in the winter is just not sustainable and Mother Nature is about to reassert the laws of thermodynamics with a bitchslap. The entire damn state is under a tornado watch, and we'll probably drop 20 degrees in a couple of hours as the atmosphere tears itself apart to shed all that excess heat. Just being outside, I can literally feel that a big one is coming.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43876 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »

Heeee. Yeah, I'unno if we're under 'nado watch here, but the wind is close to howling outside and I can see a solid sheet of rain approaching from the distance. S'gonna' be great!

Wait, what? Sad thread? Err...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43877 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:34 pm »

Dammit, shift changes today involved moving me from a shift I love to a shift I hate as part of a shuffle to put somebody else in a different shift.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43878 on: February 24, 2012, 02:26:58 pm »

My internet is derping like nothing else today. Broken pages, video errors, 404's, all for seemingly no reason.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43879 on: February 24, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »

My internet is derping like nothing else today. Broken pages, video errors, 404's, all for seemingly no reason.
The same thing was happening to me yesterday. CONSIPIRACY, I SAY!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43880 on: February 24, 2012, 08:29:50 pm »

Got my Ph.D qualifying exam tomorrow.  I am not looking forward to it.  At all.

I'll probably be posting again tomorrow after I take it, in a much worse state of affairs.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43881 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:17 pm »

Just me being me, actually. ^^

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43882 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:34 am »

Finally loaded up and installed Deus Ex: Human Revolution... and I stopped playing after barely touching the first mission o_O  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but there's no targeting reticule for the tranquilizer rifle, what the heck.  And the dart goes tremendously off-course after what, 15 feet?  You can make a thin stick fly more accurately and farther than that by sticking leaves on it, if you know what you're doing.  And the NPCs... during conversation, they literally cycle through a series of idle poses then flap their gums when the voice acting turns on.  Maybe other games do that too, but I never remember it being this painfully obvious...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43883 on: February 25, 2012, 12:39:03 am »

Finally loaded up and installed Deus Ex: Human Revolution... and I stopped playing after barely touching the first mission o_O  I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but there's no targeting reticule for the tranquilizer rifle, what the heck.  And the dart goes tremendously off-course after what, 15 feet?  You can make a thin stick fly more accurately and farther than that by sticking leaves on it, if you know what you're doing.  And the NPCs... during conversation, they literally cycle through a series of idle poses then flap their gums when the voice acting turns on.  Maybe other games do that too, but I never remember it being this painfully obvious...
Tranquilizer gun, you gotta use the scope on the gun, aim it as it acts like a sniper rifle.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43884 on: February 25, 2012, 01:46:20 am »

That last panel hit me like a piano. I think I'm too emotionally invested in OotS, those character's don't even have names.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43886 on: February 25, 2012, 02:59:17 am »

What makes me sad is not that Hasbro changed the voice actor for that character. What makes me sad is that thread, and the entitled bitching and moaning most of those people are doing.

The old voice actor (heck, even the name "Derpy") was borderline offensive, and really didn't capture the spirit of what they were going for. I vastly prefer the klutzy, ditzy, and oblivious tone of the new voice actor, and I can see why they sought to change it.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43887 on: February 25, 2012, 07:36:18 am »

Voice? Don't care, don't watch it anyway. But the eyes? D: They were so cool before.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43888 on: February 25, 2012, 07:49:17 am »

Another series over forever.  :\

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43889 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:24 am »

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/derpy-has-been-modified.html

Cans.wav

This made me smile :P

Don't see what's wrong here though, hardly worth raging >_>
Pages: 1 ... 2924 2925 [2926] 2927 2928 ... 8167