Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2923 2924 [2925] 2926 2927 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453003 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43860 on: February 23, 2012, 10:50:12 pm »

Yeah. I went from 80 to 83 because I went from two or three competitors to 22 in the state.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43861 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:04 pm »

I just have a question completely unrelated to the wonderful wrestling tangent this thread has flown into:

Does anyone else have things they know they CAN enjoy doing, and in fact do enjoy doing it when they do, but the moment they feel they HAVE TO it feels like 'work' and they don't want to do it anymore?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43862 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

Everything I enjoy doing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43863 on: February 23, 2012, 10:58:32 pm »

I just have a question completely unrelated to the wonderful wrestling tangent this thread has flown into:

Does anyone else have things they know they CAN enjoy doing, and in fact do enjoy doing it when they do, but the moment they feel they HAVE TO it feels like 'work' and they don't want to do it anymore?
Programming. Drawing. Guitar...I hate practicing anything, really. Screw practice, I want to be good now!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43864 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »

You should go read 'The art of game design: A book of lenses', by Jesse Schell. It sort of covers that very early on.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43865 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:47 pm »

I feel this way about almost anything, to be honest.  There's almost nothing that I don't want to do.  There are very few things that I actually want to do when told.

I think it's all about pacing.  I'm a meanderer.  I wander back and forth between tasks in no predictable fashion whatsoever, usually experimenting with various things along the way.  It's not that I'm unproductive, but that style of work just isn't very compatible with most of the Real World.  So I get frustrated with the way I'm usually forced to do things, even if they're things I would otherwise enjoy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43866 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:25 pm »

I feel this way about almost anything, to be honest.  There's almost nothing that I don't want to do.  There are very few things that I actually want to do when told.

I think it's all about pacing.  I'm a meanderer.  I wander back and forth between tasks in no predictable fashion whatsoever, usually experimenting with various things along the way.  It's not that I'm unproductive, but that style of work just isn't very compatible with most of the Real World.  So I get frustrated with the way I'm usually forced to do things, even if they're things I would otherwise enjoy.
Quoted for truth. Ugh, why can't Real Life move at my pace?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43867 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:55 pm »

I always had good fun watching the low weights at tournaments.  Below 120 lbs, there are so few competitors.  Half of their brackets were free passes.  Sometimes they'd only have to wrestle two matches in a day, while the rest of the team has five or six.  Big rounds of applause every time they got to walk out onto the mat just to have the referee raise their arm and send them back :P
And that'd be about my only chance.  :P I've seen some of the low-weight matches, and the guys there tend to be shorter, with a lower center of gravity. Then there are the really low-weight people who just automatically win all the time, or get shoved up to a higher bracket if there's nobody else to wrestle.

Everything. That's why I crank up the difficulty. Assignment to make a musical instrument out of PVC? BAGPIPES.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43868 on: February 24, 2012, 12:55:38 am »

Yeah, Josh... I think that's a part of being people. Your mind is a powerful tool for deciding whether something will be hard or easy... just realize that it's fun, and roll with it the best you can.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43869 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:43 am »

Lead guitarist from my band quit. We have our first paying gig in exactly a month and a day.\

BRRRAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43870 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:34 am »

Blarg, I'm friends with a few bands... maybe I could help out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43871 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:44 am »

MY EYESSSSS!

THEY BUUURRRNNNNN!!!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43872 on: February 24, 2012, 05:38:51 am »

Well that will teach you to look into the end of the hose to see why the acid won't come out.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43873 on: February 24, 2012, 05:42:58 am »

Guitarist situation is alright, our keyboardist's brother has volunteered for the gig we have next month (i.e. our first paying gig), and after that, there are loads of people at uni who could join, plus we have enough multitalented individuals in the band to shuffle around and sacrifice our keys or rhythm guitar and still be a functional ensemble.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43874 on: February 24, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »

I don't know what I want to do  :-[

(or rather, I'm having horrible doubts about pretty much everything)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 2923 2924 [2925] 2926 2927 ... 8167