Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2914 2915 [2916] 2917 2918 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459546 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43725 on: February 22, 2012, 09:19:59 pm »

I feel like that alot Aqizzar. My 23rd b-day is coming up pretty fast, and I'm just terrified at the prospect that I'm getting older, yet achieving so little in the process.

I'm 28 and alternate between depressed resignation and frantic inspiration.

I don't know if I should feel reassured or doubly worried.

Just keep it always in the back of your mind that time is passing, and your future self will judge your past self.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43726 on: February 22, 2012, 09:21:52 pm »

Go with reassured. I'm usually both of those simultaneously, and I'm only a bit younger than that. Just need to find the balance, mostly ♪

The nihilism helps. If there's no genuine point to it all, you can't really fail to live up to your nonexistent standards of accomplishment. Rather freeing, really ♫
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43727 on: February 22, 2012, 09:28:01 pm »

Go with reassured. I'm usually both of those simultaneously, and I'm only a bit younger than that. Just need to find the balance, mostly ♪

The nihilism helps. If there's no genuine point to it all, you can't really fail to live up to your nonexistent standards of accomplishment. Rather freeing, really ♫

While I appreciate the very nice music marks, I've been spending alot of my life trying to escape from the feeling of worthlessness that had dogged me. Believing that things have no point, atleast in my eyes, will only exacerbate the feeling that life is pointless.

Now I must go and study Tautology.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43728 on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:48 pm »

My standards for myself are both gruelling and long-term.

If I can live long enough to live forever, I'll have accomplished it. I'd prefer it if I was one of the researchers working on it, but I want it done, either by me or others.

Everything else is gravy. Which, while delicious, isn't always necessary. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43729 on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:23 pm »

I feel like that alot Aqizzar. My 23rd b-day is coming up pretty fast, and I'm just terrified at the prospect that I'm getting older, yet achieving so little in the process.

I'm 28 and alternate between depressed resignation and frantic inspiration.
That sounds familiar. :P Even the number is right!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43730 on: February 22, 2012, 10:42:53 pm »

I recently got blender, I haven't made 3d stuff in a very long time,  and need some 3d stuff for the next game I'm going to be working on.  So I downloaded it and installed it, then I realized I forgot how to use blender.
I got tired of learning c++ so I'm taking a break and instead will be working on some graphics for my next project for the next week or two, then I'll prolly go back to learning c++.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43731 on: February 22, 2012, 10:47:47 pm »

Sometimes I fear that I'm destined to die without doing anything notable, if only because I don't seem to feel sense of accomplishment.

I mean, whenever I finally push myself to actually do something that actually takes more than a single day to accomplish, I'm just not sure if I feel anything when I actually get it done. Whenever I think I accomplish something noteworthy, it's just a sort of burning pit in my stomach that's ACKNOWLEDGING that I did something good, but I'm not sure if it feels good.

Living a worthless life of a person that's never had to work really hard, has never had anyone really encourage them, always had to work alone, and is easily distracted by the plethora of cheap and easy entertainment that's possible in the world, and living in a place where actual opportunity is distant and rare... I just don't know if I'm worth anything. It feels like to get anywhere, I have to spin my wheels fruitlessly for years and years until something finally catches, and even then I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. I'm not sure if it'll give me the success and the recognition I want.

I just don't know what to do.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43732 on: February 23, 2012, 12:22:45 am »

Have a friend trying to get a free dissolution out of me.... It's hard because she actually is a good friend. I understand that she doesn't have cash, and I really do get that. I also understand my student loan payments.... Moreover, it seems no one has money anymore/everyone wants something for nothing. If I do things for free, I won't make any money/ever be able to pay off my student loans/live.

This case is something we charge $500 for so it isn't minimal. Morever, there's a petition for disillusionment, a separation agreement, and a judgment entry, and you need to meet a time or two, or more in order to work those things out. Then there's a hearing. Then you've got to get a copy of the final orders (certified at $1/page by court) for work purposes plus any QDROs (Qualified Domestic Relations Order). Also there's usually changing back to a maiden name (but here she never changed her name in the first place). That doesn't even touch the very real risk that if they don't agree 100% then they can't have a dissolution, which screws over the whole thing.

She basically looks at is as "cheaper than a divorce," which is true, but it just isn't that simple. She's essentially asking for several pages prepared by a lawyer (I won't do that "just look it over" shit, because then I'm stamping my seal of approval on someone else's work and could have that come back on me).

She's also trying to be smart and calling the domestic relations court and they are telling her the filing fee for where she is is $150, which is TECHNICALLY true. However, that isn't the only filing fee. Remember that certified judgment entry at $1/page...? That doesn't account for QDROs either. Yeah, the court has a little fee for everything.... It'll easily be $200, at least, but "she heard" that it was $150.... [facepalm]. At least listen to me damn it.... I don't care what the court told you.... [shivers] It isn't the whole truth....

Imagine you're a doctor who can heal the sick; you're surrounded by the sick; the hospitals aren't hiring; and no one really seems to appreciate what you can do....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43733 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:50 am »

Sometimes I fear that I'm destined to die without doing anything notable, if only because I don't seem to feel sense of accomplishment.

I mean, whenever I finally push myself to actually do something that actually takes more than a single day to accomplish, I'm just not sure if I feel anything when I actually get it done. Whenever I think I accomplish something noteworthy, it's just a sort of burning pit in my stomach that's ACKNOWLEDGING that I did something good, but I'm not sure if it feels good.

Living a worthless life of a person that's never had to work really hard, has never had anyone really encourage them, always had to work alone, and is easily distracted by the plethora of cheap and easy entertainment that's possible in the world, and living in a place where actual opportunity is distant and rare... I just don't know if I'm worth anything. It feels like to get anywhere, I have to spin my wheels fruitlessly for years and years until something finally catches, and even then I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. I'm not sure if it'll give me the success and the recognition I want.

I just don't know what to do.
Somebody needs to share with me!  And by that I mean I think when you accomplish something the next step is to advance even further from there, share it with people, and possibly do something completely radically different.

Fantasize man.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43734 on: February 23, 2012, 12:26:48 am »

Have a friend trying to get a free dissolution out of me.... It's hard because she actually is a good friend. I understand that she doesn't have cash, and I really do get that. I also understand my student loan payments.... Moreover, it seems no one has money anymore/everyone wants something for nothing. If I do things for free, I won't make any money/ever be able to pay off my student loans/live.

This case is something we charge $500 for so it isn't minimal. Morever, there's a petition for disillusionment, a separation agreement, and a judgment entry, and you need to meet a time or two, or more in order to work those things out. Then there's a hearing. Then you've got to get a copy of the final orders (certified at $1/page by court) for work purposes plus any QDROs (Qualified Domestic Relations Order). Also there's usually changing back to a maiden name (but here she never changed her name in the first place). That doesn't even touch the very real risk that if they don't agree 100% then they can't have a dissolution, which screws over the whole thing.

She basically looks at is as "cheaper than a divorce," which is true, but it just isn't that simple. She's essentially asking for several pages prepared by a lawyer (I won't do that "just look it over" shit, because then I'm stamping my seal of approval on someone else's work and could have that come back on me).

She's also trying to be smart and calling the domestic relations court and they are telling her the filing fee for where she is is $150, which is TECHNICALLY true. However, that isn't the only filing fee. Remember that certified judgment entry at $1/page...? That doesn't account for QDROs either. Yeah, the court has a little fee for everything.... It'll easily be $200, at least, but "she heard" that it was $150.... [facepalm]. At least listen to me damn it.... I don't care what the court told you.... [shivers] It isn't the whole truth....

Imagine you're a doctor who can heal the sick; you're surrounded by the sick; the hospitals aren't hiring; and no one really seems to appreciate what you can do....
Well, if it helps at all, Truean, I would pay for your services, were you licensed in my state. With money, even!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43735 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:13 am »

Well, if it helps at all, Truean, I would pay for your services, were you licensed in my state. With money, even!

Thank you, it really does help. I'm astonished the number of people who wouldn't say that.....

[hug]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43736 on: February 23, 2012, 12:31:02 am »

I would, too.  Except I really wouldn't be able to pay all that.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43737 on: February 23, 2012, 12:31:12 am »

[hugs] Hey, I know how it feels too. Computers and all. Anyway, let me know if you wanna vent. I'm good for that.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43738 on: February 23, 2012, 12:32:50 am »

I can't pay you with money.

But I can pay you with cuddles! That's just as good, right? ... Right...?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43739 on: February 23, 2012, 12:34:14 am »

Actually, I probably would be able to pay.  I was going to say all those fees look like they'd easily add up to a month's rent... but if I got divorced, I'd probably be moving back in with my parents for a while.  So yeah.  I would gladly pay for your services, Truean.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 2914 2915 [2916] 2917 2918 ... 8167