Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466925 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43560 on: February 19, 2012, 01:15:04 am »

I am the type who if I was more outgoing I'd be the 'fast and hot'. :P

As it is now, I'm a gentleman who is the nice guy. But with uni, and vast amounts more intelligent people to associate with rather than the intellectual backwater that is South Eastern Melbourne, it'll change.

Oh, it will change! :P
I'm not sure I fit into an anime stereotype... But then again introspection has never exactly my thing.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43561 on: February 19, 2012, 01:19:42 am »

I went through a "desperate phase" when I was at my most suicidal. Some time after that I decided that I really hate my sex drive for trying to drag sex into everything.

The part that got to me most was the *ahem* physical symptoms of arousal. One symptom in particular... It just tended to make my life really awkward and uncomfortable. It troubled me for a long time, I actually wanted to try taking Depo-Provera, but none of the birth control drugs at CVS had any in them.

I'd heard a lot of people say that they could just "turn it off" with a bit of mental effort, but I'd never managed to do that. However one day I hit upon an idea, since I'd already named my subconscious "Dunson" (err, I have mentioned I named him Dunson right?), I figured I could name my libidon "Laurence", then every time he gives me trouble I just mentally glare at him and go, "Laurence, now is not the time. Turn those glands off. Now."
Believe it or not, this actually works for me.

Oh the things I reveal on here about my strange, strange, world that nobody actually wanted to hear.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43562 on: February 19, 2012, 01:22:16 am »

If anything he comes off a bit cute~

Sorry Descan, can't help it. I was raised by girls, playing gay chicken is just my default setting. But seriously, you are a pretty cool guy.
I giggled a little when I read this train of conversation.

D'awww thanks you guuuuuys! I'm blushing. <3

The problem with gay chicken is that if it goes too far it's just two guys making out.
Problem? Who has problem?  :P

Anyway, there haaaaas been a few times where I have to tune down, or even turn off the "happy". Like when I'm with my homophobic semi-estranged father who I am still in the closet towards. Or am in the Bad Part of Town. Or it makes the people I'm with uncomfortable. (That one was difficult for some reason. :/)

And honestly, I'm really freaking shy in person. Like, I'll just ... stare at people, trying to work up the courage to say to myself, "Hell with it, 'least they can do is say 'No, I'm not gay/interested.'" NEVER GET AROUND TO IT THOUGH.  :'( Thank Murphy for the internet. (Yet some how I still end up covered in cute men. What's up with that?)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43563 on: February 19, 2012, 01:23:01 am »

Descan's happiness always makes me smile. :P

As for Pnx, yes, naming your libido can grant you control over it. I know. :P

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43564 on: February 19, 2012, 01:33:23 am »

I have alot of problems Realm, thanks for speaking up today so that I could find the courage in myself to atleast mention them. I'm not naive enough to actually expect people to relate though.

*Hugs*

I'm honestly scared that this is all a fluke, that I'll wake up on my 18th birthday and a libido will just come sprinting into my body stammering out excuses as to why it was 5 years late. I can't really convey why in a way that doesn't make me sound like some sort of Vulcan stereotype. Besides, it would force me to actually have long lasting relationships. I'm good enough at being social when I'm with people. But when I'm alone? Fuck me, I can't do anything.  I get invited to a party on facebook? It's a fucking fluke. Doesn't matter that they want me to be there, I'll spend a long ass time going over whether or not to go and more often then not just deciding to do nothing like that's just going to make everything work out. And even knowing this I still do it. Because really, what if they do hate me?

Fuck me I'm stupid.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43565 on: February 19, 2012, 01:47:47 am »

Well I have a new signature now!

Realm, I have no advice [Future Descan: Not Quite True]. My libido is so very, very, very strong. Always ready to go, baring special circumstances.

But I can say I've heard of, if not entirely understood, asexuality. One of my friends friend is asexual, and zhe gets along fine, from what I hear.

What it sounds like is that you got your own problems, distinct from but related to the same issues a pubescent teenager with a libido would have. Social anxiety, for one.

All I can say is what I said up above in regards to my staring problem. Bull on through it. It's hard. Very hard, I've only managed to say "Fuck it, I'm gonna do it anyway," very few times, maybe once or twice a month -at most-, and that's only lately. And sometimes, hell, a lot of the time I end up with egg on my face.

In answer to your final, probably-rhetorical question... Yeah. What if they do hate you? Really, what if? What happens? You lose from friends, maybe, if you even consider them your friends in the first place. You leave the party embarressed, shamed. And then you get over it a week later, at the most, probably sooner. And what if they -don't- hate you? Well... I can't answer that one. Maybe you can.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43566 on: February 19, 2012, 03:05:02 am »

My libido is as the tide. There one moment, gone the next. Usually it's a pretty long cycle. For a few months I'll be all normal (albeit awkward) dude, and then I'll just throw my hands up in the air and ignore all non-inner-friend-circle human contact for a month so I can work harder. (At other times, it changes twice in a week.) I suppose that's more of a defense mechanism against the mountains of work I seem to always bury myself under, though.

Right now, I got nothin'. Building bagpipes, studying for Science Olympiad, preparing for Knowledge Bowl regionals/state, applying for scholarships, doing college paperwork, going to high school, going to college... Hell, I'm glad I'm still making time to breathe and make the occasional comment here.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43567 on: February 19, 2012, 04:46:34 am »

The problem I wrote that program to solve has now been proven to me to be unsolvable thereby. That's a real shame. I'll have to minimize the problem, I guess, or take a different approach.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43568 on: February 19, 2012, 06:21:28 am »

Gah, a minor RAW error in DF has kept me altering them and generating 10 - 30 minute worlds.

On a more serious note, I find myself procrastinating far too much from studying. I need to prepare for college, damn it!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43569 on: February 19, 2012, 07:03:22 am »

I headed up to the upper forums for the first time in who knows how long.  You know, the lower forums have their problems, but it's a bit of a hellscape up there.  Every thread has a ten post crust of horrible jokes I've heard a thousand times, and you have to dig through that shit over and over again to actually read the content of the threads.

Once you get to the content it's good, but they never seem to get tired of !!science!! and magma jokes.
Shoes...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43570 on: February 19, 2012, 07:05:00 am »

There, there Cthulhu. Just show us where they spammed you on this doll. It is going to be ok, you are safe now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43571 on: February 19, 2012, 07:05:44 am »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43572 on: February 19, 2012, 07:15:38 am »

My hands smell like vomit :[
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43573 on: February 19, 2012, 08:32:37 am »

that... is not a good sign.

Also, Realm:
Bad news: MY sexuality didn't kick in until I was 19 or 20. Literally no interest before that point. So that's still a possibility for you, even if it scares you. Mind you, it kicked in slowly and predominantly because I started actually doing stuff at people with that point, experimenting and whatnot. Sort of an acquired taste for a delicious food, like my cravings for sauerkraut.

Good news: As Vector said, she felt her roommate was a bit manic - hypersexuality (wanting to kiss/something someone, anyone) isn't actually that common and usually limited to those with some variant of bipolar or hypomania. She may have just been exaggerating (if the person really was manic, after, they probably would have jumped for it even if they were joking about it. Nothing that categorizes that stage more than a willingness to take risks, and its one of the few things people appreciate about the stage, at least when they work out), but the overwhelming untargeted need is not a general symptom, afaik.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43574 on: February 19, 2012, 08:45:17 am »

predominantly because I started actually doing stuff at people with that point

Creeeepy... :P
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 ... 8167