Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468242 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43530 on: February 18, 2012, 11:48:49 pm »

I think this is the first time I've heard the phrase "Gay Chicken" as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43531 on: February 18, 2012, 11:52:23 pm »

Specifically, I would be taking better care of my hygiene, but there's been a minor laundry crisis and I only just (as of two hours ago) managed to get some quarters (and I can't stand putting a clean body into dirty clothes).  I may have to wait until tomorrow morning to get the rest of the quarters I need, blah blah blah.  It'll be fixed quite soon, though.

And seriously, I'm an awkward blusher.  I'd consider seeing what would happen, but I really value this person as a friend and don't want to fuck everything up just yet.  Just one more indicator and we'll see... it's been some two years since I kissed anyone.

First of all, not all straight guys go 'HURR DURR A GAY GUY KISSED ME I BETTER MAKE HIM BE IN HIS PLACE'. :P
And I guess, you'd just have to see what would happen! You never know until you do something.

This is not a person I'd ever be able to have a relationship with.  I just find her attractive--that's all.  She's very pretty.

I don't know what she's do--she's really into drama.  I don't want to make a big mess just because I'm bored and misinterpreted her own boredom.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43532 on: February 18, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »

So be open about it! Descan is and he hardly ever seems to have problems.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43533 on: February 18, 2012, 11:54:45 pm »

If anything he comes off a bit cute~

Sorry Descan, can't help it. I was raised by girls, playing gay chicken is just my default setting. But seriously, you are a pretty cool guy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43534 on: February 18, 2012, 11:58:41 pm »

I don't really feel like detailing the entire clockwork mess of my psychological problems here.  Simply put: no, I'm not going to go and openly tell this girl I like her.  Sorry.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43535 on: February 19, 2012, 12:01:25 am »

Well share what you feel comfortable with, and keep what ever secrets you wish. Makes you seem more aloof. Aloof is good, from what I had been led to believe. I tried it once or twice, it seemed fine, I guess.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43536 on: February 19, 2012, 12:01:57 am »

The problem with gay chicken is that if it goes too far it's just two guys making out.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43537 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:01 am »

So... My little sister was laid off, and may not be getting unemployment insurance, but she doesn't know yet because she is too depressed to do ANYTHING right now. For instance, I don't have her resume yet, and I told her I had a friend who does IT for a major rebar manufacturer that could get that resume past human resources and on a managers desk ASAP. And the minimum expenses on debts my sister and mother have flowing out are more than half my mothers social security check, this means that there is no way they can survive on their own. So I have to find a way to save them. All of this at a time when I am growing increasingly frustrated and unsatisfied with my own job, as I have been given tasks I recommended against implementing on a ridiculous schedule and no help. I don't know what to do, partly because I have no good choices, and partly because I have such a ridiculous number of things I need to do, and partly because I feel like I am breaking down.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43538 on: February 19, 2012, 12:04:02 am »

The problem with gay chicken is that if it goes too far it's just two guys making out.

The only thing I know about Gay Chicken.

I think a girl I've been attracted to for four years now may have been hitting on me, and I was too cowardly to respond to it.

*sigh*

Yeah, well I've been recently remembering a girl I new ten years ago, who probably would have thrown herself at me if I gave her half an indication too.  Instead, I didn't give her the time of day, because Being A Teenager Is Hard.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43539 on: February 19, 2012, 12:07:13 am »

This girl was giving me indications that she really wanted a guy to hang out with, and then asked me a couple times what was doing that night.  And joked about seduction, though that was mostly my fault for a lot of jokes I'd made last time we saw each other.  I don't think she was actually offering.

So no, this wasn't exactly a "here I am and I want to make out with you," this was a "Vector reads too many novels and is used to seeing this sort of thing as a suggestion of symbolic replacement, rather than how it comes off in real life."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43540 on: February 19, 2012, 12:09:49 am »

The only thing I know about Gay Chicken.
That is amazing.

This girl was giving me indications that she really wanted a guy to hang out with, and then asked me a couple times what was doing that night.  And joked about seduction, though that was mostly my fault for a lot of jokes I'd made last time we saw each other.  I don't think she was actually offering.

So no, this wasn't exactly a "here I am and I want to make out with you," this was a "Vector reads too many novels and is used to seeing this sort of thing as a suggestion of symbolic replacement, rather than how it comes off in real life."
Well if she was a close friend, maybe she wanted to take you out on the town? Heck I have bought male friends out clubbing for fun.
Regardless of romantic incline, it could be fun.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43541 on: February 19, 2012, 12:14:21 am »

On the OTHER hand, that sort of joking and spending time together and hinting at things but not seriously?

I've had that go REALLY well before. While you shouldn't get too tied up with it, it might be worth it just to play the game and see how far it goes.

I hope you at least hung out with her that night, since it seemed pretty clear she wanted to do so from what you've said, and that doesn't require anything else to happen.

Well if she was a close friend, maybe she wanted to take you out on the town? Heck I have bought male friends out clubbing for fun.
Is this... not normal? I've very rarely known someone to go clubbing bringing a member of the opposite sex. And those times didn't go well out well.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43542 on: February 19, 2012, 12:16:01 am »

I'm not exactly sure... I have gone clubbing with groups of girls before, and nothing went badly. They can be really fun to hang out with, pretty good on the dance floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43543 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:54 am »

I dunno.

This was more of a "I wish I could treat this situation the way I treat situations with men" sort of thing.  If she were a straight dude, the signal would have been pretty clear.

I hope you at least hung out with her that night, since it seemed pretty clear she wanted to do so from what you've said, and that doesn't require anything else to happen.

No, not tonight.  She honestly seemed kind of manic.  I don't want to start this with her so desperately horny that she'd kiss a semi-butch girl to get her hormones to calm down.

I'll hang out with her some other night, but I really, really need a low-key, quiet evening right now.  Maybe I'll invite her out for an evening walk... that's what most of my first dates are like, anyway.

*implodes from blushy tension*

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43544 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:32 am »

Ah, the Too Much Romantic Fiction problem, where you start seeing literary cues and opportunities for jump-cuts in real life that don't exist, because real people don't work that way.  Yeah, don't let it get to you.  Knowing that there was probably nothing there in the first place is the best assumption, really.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 2901 2902 [2903] 2904 2905 ... 8167