Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2898 2899 [2900] 2901 2902 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471399 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43485 on: February 18, 2012, 03:13:23 pm »

I carry around one of those little Mio things for when I get really tired of plain water.  Does the trick quite conveniently.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43486 on: February 18, 2012, 03:30:20 pm »

Disturbing true fact:  If you drink nothing but water for a week, then nothing but pop for a day, it burns when you pee.

You can make your own Supersize Me-style non sequitur conclusions from that.

Good thing I never stop drinking soda then.  I certainly do drink plenty of water, at least.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43487 on: February 18, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »

Unfortunately my family was poor as hell growing up, so I did not get my wisdom teeth pulled until long after I should have. With the exception of having to be put under general anesthetic and removing a couple "small" pieces of my upper jaw, it wasn't terrible as long as the pain meds held out. One unfortunate exception was how one of the wisdom teeth grew into the side of one of my back molars. Like literally, the wisdom tooth grew into the other tooth, which left a freaking hole.... I've spent a small fortune trying to save that tooth, which is the one blemish on an otherwise perfect dental hygiene record and it's not like there was much I could've done about it. So it looks like it might just have to come out. Thankfully, it is a tooth in the very back of the upper jaw so I don't think anyone will be able to see it, but it still sucks.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43488 on: February 18, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »

Man, I can't wait to get my wisdom teeth out. Earlier today, I spit out a shard of one of them. I swear, at this rate, they'll disintegrate before I'm able to get them pulled.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #43489 on: February 18, 2012, 06:11:43 pm »

Unfortunately my family was poor as hell growing up, so I did not get my wisdom teeth pulled until long after I should have. With the exception of having to be put under general anesthetic and removing a couple "small" pieces of my upper jaw, it wasn't terrible as long as the pain meds held out. One unfortunate exception was how one of the wisdom teeth grew into the side of one of my back molars. Like literally, the wisdom tooth grew into the other tooth, which left a freaking hole.... I've spent a small fortune trying to save that tooth, which is the one blemish on an otherwise perfect dental hygiene record and it's not like there was much I could've done about it. So it looks like it might just have to come out. Thankfully, it is a tooth in the very back of the upper jaw so I don't think anyone will be able to see it, but it still sucks.

I'm lacking a tooth in my lower jaw, was removed some time before I was 18 (In Denmark dental care is free if your under 18) because the milk-tooth(Mælketand? I'm not entirely sure this is what it is called in English.) had no replacement under it and so was rotting and wouldn't drop out by itself or something. They drilled through it so it split and pulled it out. Anyway, I've never missed it, I was offered to get a fake replacement in and neh, why would I pay to have a fake tooth every 10 years the fake would have to get changed, when I'm fine without? Can't see it either when I smile anyway so what's the big deal? ^^ Of course, paying to have a tooth removed sucks the same no matter what, but you shouldn't let some lack of toothiness get you down.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43490 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:37 pm »

Water all the time gets monotonous, though...

Milk? ;)
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43491 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:40 pm »

You're Northern European, though... I've largely lost my ability to process milk happily =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43492 on: February 18, 2012, 07:09:59 pm »

Not a fan of milk as anything more than a minor ingredient.  Tried eating cereal with milk this morning for the first time in... I don't know... over a year?  Not liking the consequences.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43493 on: February 18, 2012, 07:13:31 pm »

Apparently if you don't drink milk for an amount of time, you loose the ability to process it. Glad to say, it still agrees with me... The copious amounts of white tea might have something to do with that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43494 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:39 pm »

I only drink milk with orange juice.

Delicious, I must say.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43495 on: February 18, 2012, 07:15:32 pm »

Note to self: never give up milk long enough for consequences to manifest. Dairy accounts for way too much of my protein consumption these days.

I only drink milk with orange juice.

Delicious, I must say.
Either you must drink that so fast it doesn't have time to curdle, or else the ratios are different than what I'm imagining in such a way that that doesn't happen.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43496 on: February 18, 2012, 07:16:46 pm »

Apparently if you don't drink milk for an amount of time, you loose the ability to process it. Glad to say, it still agrees with me... The copious amounts of white tea might have something to do with that.
This is something that I would've horribly experienced after I got a good job in college. Thanks for saving me from myself/ dairy ignorance.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43497 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:41 pm »

You're Northern European, though... I've largely lost my ability to process milk happily =/
I thought you were genetically of European decent. Shouldn't that mean you can process milk just as well as the rest of us Europeans and European derivatives?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43498 on: February 18, 2012, 07:39:36 pm »

I've got a lot of Southern European going on.  It's not all of Europe that plays well with milk, y'know...

And yeah, milk just doesn't work that well anymore.  I drank plenty of it for a very long time, but over the past while it's just become undrinkable (kind of like with eggs, I'll often just look at it and my body will say: 'no.'  This happens even with ice cream...).  I'll have a bit for a treat or in tea sometimes, but as an everyday thing I just can't.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43499 on: February 18, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »

Not a fan of milk as anything more than a minor ingredient.  Tried eating cereal with milk this morning for the first time in... I don't know... over a year?  Not liking the consequences.

You should try filmjölk with your cereals, if one can get it in America for any kind of decent price. IKEA, maybe? I hear they sell Swedish food abroad. Probably has too short shelf life though, even if it lasts a lot longer than ordinary milk.

Also I feel bad for all you non-milk drinkers out there... It's good with so much.

Totally get you on the eggs, though. I know that feeling very well. Strangely, it doesn't apply for... Oh, I don't know the cooking  term. Eggs poured directly from the egg and fried in a pan on north sides. Double-fried eggs? But everything else is uneatable. Body doesn't want to, and I get headaches and naucious if I keep trying.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 2898 2899 [2900] 2901 2902 ... 8167