Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2897 2898 [2899] 2900 2901 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471526 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43470 on: February 18, 2012, 12:51:42 am »

What made me sad today? I felt disapproval from people, and I don't know if it was imagined or not...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43471 on: February 18, 2012, 12:55:23 am »

If it has to do with these boards (specifically the OOC thread,) it probably was. I mean no disrespect, and I'm not really in a position to look upon anyone with any disapproval, except in the most egregious examples.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43472 on: February 18, 2012, 01:23:14 am »

What made me sad today? I felt disapproval from people, and I don't know if it was imagined or not...

You got none from me.  If I was any part of that, just know that my sense of humor has two modes:  obnoxious silliness or dry sarcasm.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43473 on: February 18, 2012, 01:31:49 am »

That tends to be the speeds at which just about everyone on the forum goes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #43474 on: February 18, 2012, 02:00:19 am »

Today I had a 'debate' with one of my high school compatriots. I gotta say, it's a lot less fun after years of debating on the internet and in college. Lots of "You're wrong because I'm right!"-type statements.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43475 on: February 18, 2012, 03:11:01 am »

My roommate is really drunk, and I'm slightly worried about her (didn't eat much and then drank a bottle of wine--on the other hand, she apparently drinks quite a bit in Norway, so I'm less nervous).  She's looking for someone to make out with >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43476 on: February 18, 2012, 03:48:41 am »

My roommate is really drunk, and I'm slightly worried about her (didn't eat much and then drank a bottle of wine--on the other hand, she apparently drinks quite a bit in Norway, so I'm less nervous).  She's looking for someone to make out with >_>

That makes me more nervous. I guess you don't know much about norwegian drinking culture. It's all about going out once or twice a week and binge drinking way more than you can handle. It's really stupid and becoming a big problem, especially with women. I don't consider myself particularly stupid, and after going out a few times and seeing the insanity I pretty much decided at a fairly young age never to drink enough to get really pished.

Hell, I know russians and ukranians that have been thoroughly shocked by seeing how people drink here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43477 on: February 18, 2012, 03:58:09 am »

Ugh... and she's underage (here), too...

Man, I hope this all ends up okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43478 on: February 18, 2012, 10:46:19 am »

That makes me more nervous. I guess you don't know much about norwegian drinking culture. It's all about going out once or twice a week and binge drinking way more than you can handle. It's really stupid and becoming a big problem, especially with women. I don't consider myself particularly stupid, and after going out a few times and seeing the insanity I pretty much decided at a fairly young age never to drink enough to get really pished.

Hell, I know russians and ukranians that have been thoroughly shocked by seeing how people drink here.

You should take a hint from danish drinking culture. Instead of getting drunk once or twice a week, we're all drunk all the time. :D

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43479 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:59 pm »

My drinking culture:  water and coffee.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43480 on: February 18, 2012, 01:09:02 pm »

My drinking culture:  water and coffee.
Wow, that's a little extreme, mine is mainly water with some juice, and maybe, just maybe I splurge on a sugary carbonated drink, but usually only if I'm going out and about.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43481 on: February 18, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »

I'll drink a soda once in a while, but that's getting so infrequent to the point that drinking some Mountain Dew about a week ago made me feel kind of ill.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43482 on: February 18, 2012, 01:22:22 pm »

Heey. Yeah, water and the occasional bit of caffeine, either via tea or soda. Can't stand coffee. Fruit juice every once in a while, but most fruit juice I've had has this weird sharp taste to it I can't really stand for very long; feels more acidic than bloody soda for some odd reason :-\

Really need to cut back on the soda. Stuff's nasty, health wise. Water all the time gets monotonous, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43483 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:51 pm »

Water is delicious.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43484 on: February 18, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

I drink mostly water, and pop to keep me from losing my mind from drinking just water.

Disturbing true fact:  If you drink nothing but water for a week, then nothing but pop for a day, it burns when you pee.

You can make your own Supersize Me-style non sequitur conclusions from that.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 2897 2898 [2899] 2900 2901 ... 8167