Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2887 2888 [2889] 2890 2891 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430101 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43320 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:46 pm »

I just feel so sad today, but I'm sad for alot of reasons. Because it's Valentines day however, I'll hold off on complaining because even though it has nothing to do with this holiday, I don't want my feelings invalidated just by remarking on the forever alone stereotype.
Pff, I woke up to a bunch of delicious Dove chocolates.  I can't complain.  Not like I could ever get in a relationship with anyone...

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43321 on: February 14, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »

I just feel so sad today, but I'm sad for alot of reasons. Because it's Valentines day however, I'll hold off on complaining because even though it has nothing to do with this holiday, I don't want my feelings invalidated just by remarking on the forever alone stereotype.
Pff, I woke up to a bunch of delicious Dove chocolates.  I can't complain.  Not like I could ever get in a relationship with anyone...

Sure you can. All you have to do is find someone more dysfunctional than you and be codependent together. I'm not helping am I?

In seriousness: I feel like crap, been sick since a while, missed 2 days of work. Got my brain fuzzy, feel like crap. At work in spite of fuzzy brain.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43322 on: February 14, 2012, 03:49:20 pm »

[Thank you everyone who is being nice to me here.... It helps. ]

Nothing like a pissed off, aggressive, angry ex husband to make my day loooovely. It's always fun to be threatened with physical violence for just doing my fucking job. It's "great" having to have a gun under my desk for occasions like this. I hate having to know how to fight. I don't consider it "cool." It usually hurts, even if you "win." I hate my life, and fuck it, I do not get paid enough for this/surely am not "too expensive." When's the last time somebody seriously threatened to kill you at your job just for doing what you're supposed to be doing? I'm just supposed to be a "professional" about it?

You know what the best part is: society needs to make up its fucking mind about divorce already. No, either, or... pick one. Either you can't have any divorces and you really are stuck "til death do you part," or you have divorces which are messy and which somebody's gotta do in order for them to happen.... Don't blame me, or any other lawyer doing divorces, because I'm just doing the job that society fucking wants me to do, or would you rather be stuck with him/her forever? No, it isn't fun, no it isn't pretty, but if I didn't do it, then she'd find someone else to be her lawyer. Society, "We want divorces and to demonize the people who do them for us." ???

Well, hurray for having charges pressed against him.... Really? Really? I had to actually do that? Your divorce is everyone's fault but yours isn't it?  Meh.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43323 on: February 14, 2012, 03:59:01 pm »

The ability to divorce is probably one of if not the longest hardest battles fought for civil liberties on earth. I don't expect it to get better any time soon.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43324 on: February 14, 2012, 06:06:56 pm »

First real snow of the year stuck for less than half a day.  It's 95% melted away now.  There wasn't even enough left for the kids to play in by the time they got home from school.  What a shame.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #43325 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »

After a boot-time scan with avast all my audio files have stopped working. All of them.
nothing

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43326 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:57 pm »

Truean, I wasn't aware that there was any societal animosity towards divorce lawyers.

As always, my... ?condolences?

Is that the right one?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #43327 on: February 14, 2012, 06:39:35 pm »

Sure you can. All you have to do is find someone more dysfunctional than you and be codependent together. I'm not helping am I?

Oh gosh, this this this.

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, which usually manifests itself as romantic insecurity. And I came up with a thought experiment: what if I were to get together with a girl who was cute, bookish, cuddly, romantic, and- like me- had that winter-triggered codependency. And then we took a 6-month vacation from March to September at the Scott-Anderson Base at the South Pole, where we'll never see the sun. I determined that a couple weeks in we'd just wander around as a physical item because we'd be traumatized to ever stop cuddling. Would that be a good idea? I don't know...a few days ago I was depressed enough to come up with the concept of Double Suicide by Sauna.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #43328 on: February 14, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

I started watching Castle yesterday, and damn now I have a crush on Stana Kavic.  :P
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43329 on: February 14, 2012, 06:57:29 pm »

For the last three hours, my attempts to recover my computer with some CDs from the manufactorer have resulted in a "Please wait a moment..." screen.

And nothing else.

Goddamnit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43330 on: February 14, 2012, 10:14:32 pm »

I was finding pictures of Yuno from Mirai Nikki and accidently saw a spoiler I have been trying to avoid this whole time. Gah!

Also, I fell really depressed for no reason and I am having bad insomnia.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43331 on: February 15, 2012, 12:22:21 am »

My nervousness about writing fanfiction makes it so that I can't write fanfiction.

I don't even want to write fanfic.  I want to have a personable relationship with an editor that I trust like I used to and write fiction that I really care about, but on the other hand I need practice and on the other other hand I go "auuuugh I can't possibly put words or actions into these characters' mouths/bodies, because that's so rude to them ;_;"

I think part of my problem is that the only characters I feel like writing about are characters that I actually kind of relate to as people, and I end up feeling like I'm writing the world's worst really terrible self-insert fanfiction even when I do a pretty reasonable job.  Kind of similar with characters I invent, honestly.  I always worry that someone will be able to track something in a character back to me, which is ridiculous because every character we write is frankly traceable back to us.  We don't write in a vacuum!  We write from our experience, even if it's just experiencing other people's experiences!

This is one of the reasons why I sort of want to make video games.  Then someone else is responsible for the characters' actions, not you.

~SO MUCH GUILT OVER SOMETHING SO DANGED TRIVIAL~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43332 on: February 15, 2012, 12:23:51 am »

So write what you want to read. Also, I will edit things for you, even though my opinion on such matters are not terribly valuable.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43333 on: February 15, 2012, 12:45:45 am »

Ever been in a group project where the last guy who has to tie things together ends up really messing things up?  You know, that guy?  Well I get to be that guy tonight.  I didn't ask enough questions, I didn't dig deep enough when I needed to.  I didn't know for 100% sure how to get a Flash video up on youtube.  I thought I did, then screwed it up.  It sucks.  It really sucks.  I get to spend the next... 15 hours thinking about how I messed things up.  :(

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43334 on: February 15, 2012, 12:54:08 am »

My nervousness about writing fanfiction makes it so that I can't write fanfiction.

I don't even want to write fanfic.  I want to have a personable relationship with an editor that I trust like I used to and write fiction that I really care about, but on the other hand I need practice and on the other other hand I go "auuuugh I can't possibly put words or actions into these characters' mouths/bodies, because that's so rude to them ;_;"

I think part of my problem is that the only characters I feel like writing about are characters that I actually kind of relate to as people, and I end up feeling like I'm writing the world's worst really terrible self-insert fanfiction even when I do a pretty reasonable job.  Kind of similar with characters I invent, honestly.  I always worry that someone will be able to track something in a character back to me, which is ridiculous because every character we write is frankly traceable back to us.  We don't write in a vacuum!  We write from our experience, even if it's just experiencing other people's experiences!

This is one of the reasons why I sort of want to make video games.  Then someone else is responsible for the characters' actions, not you.

~SO MUCH GUILT OVER SOMETHING SO DANGED TRIVIAL~
You could never, ever write the worlds worst self insert, no matter how hard you tried to screw up fiction, on the basis that twilight has already been written. Sorry Vector, I believe there are few things you can't do, but I just don't think you have it in you to write worst than Stephenie Meyer. I hope you don't take it personally.

Anyway, write video games then. Write scripts, or if you don't plan on going that linear, write content, or back story, or anything the game needs. Look at Minecraft, you would think there was no script for that at all, but there is really. You still need to script the tec tree for likely advancements, and what creatures you want in game and how they behave. There is a metric shitton of writing to do! If you ever want to start producing games, why not get started now by writing them?

Programmers don't design games, writers design games.
Pages: 1 ... 2887 2888 [2889] 2890 2891 ... 8167