Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430223 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43290 on: February 13, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »

I know that one... The problem is that if you can't even do anything that productive, as you are too tired, and if you try then no way you get any sleep that night.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43291 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:34 pm »

The Retsuperae guys make me sick. It just infuriates me that most of their humor is just from making fun of other people, even when they themselves aren't that funny.

I just wish their videos would stop people up in my suggested videos.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43292 on: February 13, 2012, 09:21:32 pm »

The Retsuperae guys make me sick. It just infuriates me that most of their humor is just from making fun of other people, even when they themselves aren't that funny.
But...but...I love Slowbeef and Diabetus and Chipcheezum and Ironicus and Proteus and and :[

DEAD TO RIGHTS

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43293 on: February 13, 2012, 09:30:14 pm »

Tried this recipe tonight. Turns out that;

1) Coconut milk pancakes are hard as hell to get right. First the flour wouldn't mix in right, then the mix wouldn't thicken. Then they wouldn't cook right. Got one good pancake out of the entire batch, with two others edible.

2)
1 tsp crushed chillis
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp hot paprika
Even using non-hot papika, this was a lot of heat in the chocolate sauce. I love chilli chocolate, but it swamped all the other flavours way too much. You had to use only a dribble of the sauce but then couldn't taste the chocolate (I used 85% which was way too subtle).

Going to have to make some adjustments and try again.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43294 on: February 13, 2012, 10:17:54 pm »

But...but...I love Slowbeef and Diabetus and Chipcheezum and Ironicus and Proteus and and :[

DEAD TO RIGHTS
I recognize almost all of those names from the LP Archive. Did they form some sort of group?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43295 on: February 13, 2012, 11:22:42 pm »

Around 2007 or 2008 they started riffing on bad LPs uploaded onto Youtube and it sort of went from there...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43296 on: February 14, 2012, 01:41:36 am »

I am paranoid.

My therapist says I have to be more "open" and "honest" with people. My immediate reaction was saying "honest" and "attorney" don't mix. She did not laugh. Neither did I, because she knows I'm just trying to avoid the subject any way I can.

People scare the shit out of me. I've seen the worst of them. My own sister has tried to blackmail me about being gay/trans to the rest of my family, failing expensively both times. She's even tried to get me on an ultimatum to pay child support for her friends' kids who very clearly weren't mine (blood test and um.. gay/never even wanted to be with a woman...). I was immensely sad to have to outmaneuver her and I hated every instant. Honesty? O Mystery.... Detailed lies complete with cooperative alibis are my only protection. Unfortunately, it isn't paranoia if it's justified....

My therapist keeps saying things like I'll never make any real friends if I keep living a lie. Probably true. She also seems to bring up how it would be hard or impossible to transition if I can't at least talk to people about it honestly face to face. I'm aware I may never get to transition due to that and people being total assholes about it. I'm of the opinion that most people, due to being massive assholes about the subject of transsexualism, don't deserve my honest company and should be honored that I bother to interact with them in any way including lying to them about who I am. I have so very few friends I actually, really trust and even those I don't know if I'll ever be really 100% sure of.

O, I can talk to people, very well, but it's never the real me. I live a lie. I've known this for years and I don't deal with it, because I sorta can't, hence the avoidance.... Now it's just being brought up.... I know everything she's telling me; what did she think I was afraid of...? She's trying to tell me it's not that bad.... She means well, and actually it's not that bad, it's worse.... She wouldn't be the one paying any of the price associated with me coming out.... I'm wondering if she's not too much of an idealist sometimes. I wonder at her not for her noble dream but for her refusal to let such a noble dream have the peace of a noble death it suffered long ago... I lie to protect myself, a lot, and it's far better than many people I've met deserve.

Picture perfect pitches purporting personsonality, purloining poor pathetic pissants' presumed perceptions, passively, politely, plotting pretend personas. An artful personal hell is still a personal hell....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43297 on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:06 am »

Probably not the best of advice or statement, but you seem to be doing the best you can in a hostile situation; dishonesty in regards to most people is just kind of par for course. It fucks you up a fair bit, but between some mental instability and the alternative... the hell choice is there? Deception or suffering, or rather lesser or greater suffering. Mental calculus done, at that point -- take the path of least self-destruction. In your case, that's damn sure not being open about things, not where you're at and in the business you're in.

And there's nothing in all that, that places any blame on you. The world and US culture in particular are fucked right up in a lot ways. You're doing your damnedest in a shit situation.

But yeah, paranoia results. It comes from living in a hostile environment -- and the environment you're in is genuinely hostile. Utterly feel for you, because while I'm not trans, I'm living in an area that's openly hostile to people that aren't bigots. Genuine honesty on a lot of things, in my life, would have probably gotten me physically beaten. It's crap, but if finding somewhere less hostile isn't an option, what fuck do, yanno'?

Anyway, advice to the better I can give is about the same advice the shrink gave me. Over time, and with great care, you'll build up a stable, so to speak, of people you can trust. That's going to be your lifeline. Anyone that's not in the barn gets the open fuck-you in terms of deception. Guess what I'm saying there is that yeah, you probably will have to talk to people about the transitioning honestly, face to face, but "people" doesn't equate to "those fuckers that would treat you like shit for it." Finding people won't be easy, though, and it might take years and years and years. Don't give up, don't bow down, etc, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:40:26 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43298 on: February 14, 2012, 02:15:19 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:02:16 am by Ogdibus »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43299 on: February 14, 2012, 02:33:20 am »

Random word of advice:

If ever you're looking for a class to round out your schedule, and you see a course about Television, do not take it. Do not.

I literally just spent 2 hours watching commercials. I fast forwarded through the programs, recorded the time of the commercial breaks, the scenes preceding them, every commercial shown, and the scenes following them. Did you know that an hour long television program has roughly 45 commercials divided over 5 commercial breaks, with the 3rd break at the halfway point being between 1 and 2 minutes longer than the others? Did you know you can follow the plot of most drama and suspense programs by only watching one minute preceding and following commercials? Did you know that Crest 3D White Intensive Professional Effects White Strips have the Professional Whitening Agent that most Dentists Recommend for Whiter Teeth and any Pizza Hut Pizza for 10 BUCKS 10 BUCKS 10 BUCKS for a limited time Midsized Frontier with Fullsize Capability tonight at 11

SAVINGS SAVINGS SAVINGS

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43300 on: February 14, 2012, 02:36:42 am »

Random word of advice:

If ever you're looking for a class to round out your schedule, and you see a course about Television, do not take it. Do not.

I literally just spent 2 hours watching commercials. I fast forwarded through the programs, recorded the time of the commercial breaks, the scenes preceding them, every commercial shown, and the scenes following them. Did you know that an hour long television program has roughly 45 commercials divided over 5 commercial breaks, with the 3rd break at the halfway point being between 1 and 2 minutes longer than the others? Did you know you can follow the plot of most drama and suspense programs by only watching one minute preceding and following commercials? Did you know that Crest 3D White Intensive Professional Effects White Strips have the Professional Whitening Agent that most Dentists Recommend for Whiter Teeth and any Pizza Hut Pizza for 10 BUCKS 10 BUCKS 10 BUCKS for a limited time Midsized Frontier with Fullsize Capability tonight at 11

SAVINGS SAVINGS SAVINGS
Kinseti, you might want to shower.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43301 on: February 14, 2012, 02:43:16 am »

And this is another case of "Extremely Appropriate Avatar". :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43302 on: February 14, 2012, 02:45:28 am »

But my soap doesn't have organic exfoliating agents and aloe! Don't you understand? I can't shower with inferior showering products!  :o

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43303 on: February 14, 2012, 02:54:37 am »

Yeah, condolences on that one kinseti... or perhaps a resounding smack to the back of your head for not checking about the class before enrolling. I can only imagine that's going to turn your brain straight to mush.

I hate commercials with the fury of a thousand burning suns, really. If I had to choose between never watching a single TV show episode or movie again or never watching or even hearing another commercial, I'd go with the latter.

Not the mention the psychological mojo behind those damn things are often just plain sickening. Both blatant and subtle manipulation rolled into one. And for a fun time, Kin, see if the teach has anything to say about the lighting involved. Turn the lights off and watch the walls instead of the screen while a commerical's playing to see what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:57:32 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #43304 on: February 14, 2012, 03:06:15 am »

Ugh adverts. Having spent the last few years without a TV I have lost my ability to ignore them. Now if I go to a friends place and watch some they really infuriate me.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 ... 8167