Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437258 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #43080 on: February 08, 2012, 01:15:56 am »

...free hug for me?!?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43081 on: February 08, 2012, 01:18:49 am »

I had another great drawing idea.
I am not a good enough artist to make it hapen.

It's totally cool though, if I could just upload ideas and thoughts I would totally be doing that.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43082 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:41 am »

That is very sad to hear Heliman. I hope it is something you are able to cope with.
It sounds like she did a lot in her lifetime, and this is a time to celebrate in what she achieved.

In other news, I cooked tonight. You know I love cooking, and it makes me very happy, but I can never stand to serve people, because as soon as I do I can't help bit criticize my work. In general I am not my biggest critic, I am more than willing to take a little pride in my work, but as soon as it comes to food there is never good enough. Normally praise would leave me feeling good that others appreciate my efforts, but somehow for cooking it always seems like people are just patronising me... Once again, most likely just chemical mood swings looking for a reason to be a thing that is a thing.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43083 on: February 08, 2012, 04:51:07 am »

My condolences, Heliman. If she kept your family together all her life, then she must've been a really kind woman.

In other news, I found out that my uncle, who had a stroke which paralyzed half of his body, started to be an ass again. Since he couldn't borrow money from my grandma, he threw a fit, complained and in general, was being a jerkass. We really shouldn't have paid for his monstrously expensive hospital bills, if he wasn't going to change after all. That way, my mom could've had enough budget for the future.

Speaking of my future, I don't know where it'll lead me, especially when we can barely afford anything other than basic survival stuff like food and water.

I must add that my uncle is now capable of walking on his two feet again, which probably made him forget to be kind. The nerve of that guy...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:52:52 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43084 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:13 am »

I hope you can get by New Guy. Medical costs can really be a burden, especially when your only reward is a backlash. Do they have any government programs to help you out?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43085 on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:38 am »

Nope, not that I know of anyway. I feel regret and a slight bit of anger from that jerk of an uncle. I could rage more, but I've learned to keep calm even when things were teetering on the extreme. Either that, or I stopped caring so much, and just let the wind carry my fate wherever it leads me.

What I'm really concerned about this whole mess is that my family owes a (fortunately a christian) family some cash. I hope we can get by through all this, and be able to pay the debt on time.

We could've used the hospital funds for the debt...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43086 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:42 am »

Ouch my everything.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43087 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:53 am »

Generally depressed at everything today, on top of ongoing family drama, inside a hellish economy. It's like depressionception!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43088 on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:12 pm »

Summer has started, Oh god, the heat!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43089 on: February 08, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

Someone is now upset with me because I didn't push my services on them enough.... So they're pissed when you try to sell them something but you better do it a lot if they need something? Is that the damned if you do and damned if you don't situation here?

Guy was buying a house and I offered to look over the deed for him for $50. He got pissed that i was "just trying to get money out of him like all the other worthless lawyers. [sanitized: he cussed me out]" And besides, he had a title company look at the deed.... I just smiled and waited knowing better.... Lo and behold he is now the proud-to-be-pissed newest member of a Home Owners' Association. Title companies do not consider "Home Owners' Association" a cloud or defect in the deed and no, nobody has to tell you shit about it and who are we kidding, you aren't gonna read or understand the deed along with the other stacks of paperwork they give you.

So now the dues he pays... every single month... to be told he can't put up a fence are more than $50... per month.... Yeah.... Now he's trying to say I should've told him....

"I'm sorry sir, didn't you call me a, and I quote, '[repeat verbatim ever-y profanity laden thing he called me in his exact words],' when I offered to look over things for you for a mere $50? Somehow I imagine you wish you would've done that now and not quite cursed me out?"

... So what? I should've done it despite being cussed out over asking for $50, which is frankly a favor to him? "Don't sell me things;" or "sell me things" pick one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:36:58 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #43090 on: February 08, 2012, 02:36:45 pm »

This is going to sound crazy: I have more money in the bank than I have ever had before and the idea of using it terrifies me. I've never really had a safety net before. My life has figuratively been one long string of fiery crashes one after another until the last year or so, and still I see family and friends crashing and burning all around me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43091 on: February 08, 2012, 02:41:43 pm »

Truean: I swear, your clients (not all of them, I realize) seem to think law firms are glorified convenience stores. I'd almost expect them to ask "Can I upsize that to a large tort with a side of injunction?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43092 on: February 08, 2012, 02:46:36 pm »

well if the neighborhood he bought a house in was part of a HOA, isn't there nothing you could have done to get him out of the HOA?
I always thought if a neighrborhood has a HOA, and you want to live in that neighborhood, you have to pay the HOA. are you saying there is a way around that ?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43093 on: February 08, 2012, 02:48:48 pm »

When did HOA turn into the mafia.

Seriously, I have never seen one that was not a pack of assholes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43094 on: February 08, 2012, 02:50:53 pm »

Truean: I swear, your clients (not all of them, I realize) seem to think law firms are glorified convenience stores. I'd almost expect them to ask "Can I upsize that to a large tort with a side of injunction?"
To tell the truth, I get that sense with a lot of people regarding a lot of businesses. Instant gratification, smiling service, low prices, and God help you if you don't meet all three of those expectations, and throw in a free coupon while you're at it. I'll admit to falling into this trap a few times, myself, but usually I have the decency to just decide I don't need the service after all and deal with the consequences rather than insist I was entitled to it despite refusing it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2871 2872 [2873] 2874 2875 ... 8167