Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428956 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42660 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:23 pm »

Filling out my FAFSA for next school year.  Reading some of this stuff is kind of depressing.  I spent this entire page just saying no to all of this stuff.
"You may be homeless if you are living in shelters, parks, motels or cars, or temporarily living with other people because you have nowhere else to go. Also, if you are living in any of these situations and fleeing an abusive parent you may be considered homeless even if your parent would provide support and a place to live."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42661 on: January 29, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »

Filling out my FAFSA for next school year.  Reading some of this stuff is kind of depressing.  I spent this entire page just saying no to all of this stuff.
"You may be homeless if you are living in shelters, parks, motels or cars, or temporarily living with other people because you have nowhere else to go. Also, if you are living in any of these situations and fleeing an abusive parent you may be considered homeless even if your parent would provide support and a place to live."

Boy, I don't remember any questions like that.  Must have changed the application in the last couple years.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42662 on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

That's the kind of stuff that comes up for clarification. That one probably came from "Are you homeless?"

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #42663 on: January 29, 2012, 11:32:09 pm »

Welp. I officially don't know what the fuck to do.

Earlier today, I got the "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" speech from my wife. I'm numb. I don't know how to react.

Wat do, internets?

The fact that she mentioned it to you, is not a bad thing. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have said anything.

I would recommend talking with her, showing you want to help rekindle things and patch up your relationship. Because you are a committed partner. Marriage counselors deal with exactly these kind of things.

My unasked for advice. :/ As someone who's been married for a couple years, I hope it gets better for you
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42664 on: January 30, 2012, 12:54:24 am »

Earlier today, I got the "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" speech from my wife. I'm numb. I don't know how to react.

Wat do, internets?
Well this does sound familar to me ie. thats the same speech i got dumped with. Maybe man you guys need some time alone together, show her the reasons you guys love each other. You made it this far don't stop man.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42665 on: January 30, 2012, 01:08:07 am »

Looks like I mightn't be able to go to uni after all. I just looked at my student allowance alotment, I only have around 150 weeks left, enough for around 3 years. Can't realy end up with a PhD after 3 years :/

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42666 on: January 30, 2012, 01:24:43 am »

Three years from now you might get more scholarship money or a job to help pay for everything. I say go for it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42667 on: January 30, 2012, 01:25:20 am »

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42668 on: January 30, 2012, 07:27:53 am »

Three years sounds long enough for things to either change for the better, or become so much worse that it makes no difference whatsoever anyway. Either way, no harm in trying.

Is the CG gonna be a semi-permanent thing? Because I liked their older PVs. D:

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42669 on: January 30, 2012, 07:34:15 am »

I just remembered one of my old online friends lives in the town I'll be studying in. But I haven't been able to get in contact with her...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42670 on: January 30, 2012, 08:53:50 am »

Wat do, internets?
I know this is a day late and dollar short, but....counseling. Seriously. My wife and I are still going monthly, after nearly splitting up a few years ago. We're nowhere near that stage now, but it still helps to have a monthly "demilitarized zone" with a neutral arbiter so we can calmly talk shit out.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42671 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:22 am »

I convinced her to try last night. So, at least we're going in the right direction, even if that direction eventually takes us apart.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42672 on: January 30, 2012, 09:37:47 am »

My stepdad's dog died on Friday. I don't really like dogs (They're too noisy), but it still bummed me out. Also, it put my stepdad in really sullen, pissy mood for most of the weekend.

ToothedCube

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Rogueish charm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42673 on: January 30, 2012, 09:55:33 am »

So my mum got a call from my nana (her mum) a few days ago.
She called to say she has cancer in the liver (might have been somewhere else, I can't remember) and according to the doctor she's probably going to live for about another 6-12 months, although the best-case-scenario is three years.
My nana lives on the other side of the country so mum flew over there a few days ago, came back today and got in this screaming match with my dad for some reason. (Seems like it's resolved now though, silver linings and all that crap)
So in a couple of weeks my family and I are heading over to see my nana, maybe for the last time.  :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42674 on: January 30, 2012, 10:23:53 am »

My friend just got married.

On the one hand, I worry that I might end up doing that soon.

On the other, I worry that I won't.
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 8167