Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2811 2812 [2813] 2814 2815 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422850 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42180 on: January 18, 2012, 11:55:23 pm »

Did I miss something, or is this exclamation coming out of the blue?

I've wished I were a dude since I was very young.  Hung out with the boys, sat at the boys' table in elementary school even though they wouldn't talk to me, thought girls were weird and totally alien from me, drew pictures of myself as a boy, hated dolls and the idea that I was supposed to be nurturing, collected clothing that buttoned the other way because it was "boy clothing," blah-de-blah.  Hell, I even tried to get my mom to buy me boy's underwear... I only wanted it because it was in bright primary colors, though.  In time, I learned to sit and walk in a more feminine way, so life got easier.  Not to mention pretending to be a guy when I got on here... ha ha ha =/

Usually, I don't think about it, so I don't call myself transgendered, and I often enjoy being a girl.  Today it sucks and I irrationally hate the everloving snot out of my body.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42181 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:26 am »

You know what never mind, to the RAEG thread!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42182 on: January 19, 2012, 12:15:43 am »

Damn Josh, that's all kinds of terrible. I hope your insurance doesn't slap you with thousands in fees. This is why our health care system needs to be overhauled more.

@Vector: hugs

I also just spent a lot of time in the hospital which was why I was missing from the boards - most of that time I asked for stories from the patients and nurses, doctors, and EMTs I encountered. Most made me sad.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42183 on: January 19, 2012, 12:18:20 am »

My right hand got mangled while working today... deep cuts, and lots of blood lost. I'm not going to be able to work, and odds are I'm going to have permanently lost some finger dexterity. It's still pretty numb. For now I'm fumbling to do things with my left instead.

On the plus side, work covered my expenses, I got my shots updated, and I got to chat with a bright young doctor about the importance of doing what you love, and not just working to live. Also, it's as good an excuse as any to practice ambidexterity!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42184 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:13 am »

Well, I was gonna post about waking up at 5am to leave for school...but that seems pretty small-fry now. Yeeeeeesh    :-[
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42185 on: January 19, 2012, 12:21:30 am »

-snip-
Don't know what to say, other than good luck and be yourself.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42186 on: January 19, 2012, 12:39:16 am »

I'm freaking out. I hate myself so much right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, Josh, so long as you're insured they should cover most, if not all, of the expenses... including the ambulance.

But still, that whole situation sucks. Yeah, it's important to learn from the past (IE keep an inhaler handy), but don't beat yourself up about it, and don't fixate your view on what went wrong in the past. That will not make the present situation better. The best thing to do, once you identified what went wrong and how to avoid it in the future, is to just take a step back, identify the things that are worrying you (IE. ambulance cost), and brainstorm ways of resolving it... like getting contact information for hospital and insurance company, checking what is and isn't covered by your policy, and if all else fails talk to the hospital about payment plans for the underinsured.

One way or another, it will be fine.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42187 on: January 19, 2012, 12:51:28 am »

My right hand got mangled while working today... deep cuts, and lots of blood lost. I'm not going to be able to work, and odds are I'm going to have permanently lost some finger dexterity. It's still pretty numb. For now I'm fumbling to do things with my left instead.

On the plus side, work covered my expenses, I got my shots updated, and I got to chat with a bright young doctor about the importance of doing what you love, and not just working to live. Also, it's as good an excuse as any to practice ambidexterity!

Oh man, that is bad. The worst I ever had was the a finger tip sliced off at the last knuckle in a sandwich making accident.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42188 on: January 19, 2012, 01:04:00 am »

One word of advice, Joshua: if you are having a (non-life threatening) asthma attack, and you don't have your inhaler, try drinking something with lots of caffeine (like strong, black, coffeee). It might help
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42189 on: January 19, 2012, 01:05:57 am »

From what I understand of these issues, I doubt the loss of dexterity will be permanent, and perhaps not even all that long term. There are people who have had their hands cut off that manage to regain mobility enough to write. It might stay a bit numb, but even if there's damage to the nerves, given a few years I'm confident you won't even notice it.

Did I miss something, or is this exclamation coming out of the blue?

I've wished I were a dude since I was very young.  Hung out with the boys, sat at the boys' table in elementary school even though they wouldn't talk to me, thought girls were weird and totally alien from me, drew pictures of myself as a boy, hated dolls and the idea that I was supposed to be nurturing, collected clothing that buttoned the other way because it was "boy clothing," blah-de-blah.  Hell, I even tried to get my mom to buy me boy's underwear... I only wanted it because it was in bright primary colors, though.  In time, I learned to sit and walk in a more feminine way, so life got easier.  Not to mention pretending to be a guy when I got on here... ha ha ha =/

Usually, I don't think about it, so I don't call myself transgendered, and I often enjoy being a girl.  Today it sucks and I irrationally hate the everloving snot out of my body.
I can kind of relate. I've felt dissatisfied with my gender before, heck I still feel that way sometimes, I thought I might be a transsexual for a while, but frankly when I look at MTF transsexuals talk about how they want to wear dresses and they feel trapped in the wrong body and such, I realized I really don't feel that way.

In my case I think it's less that I want to be a girl, and more that I hate being a boy. Frankly I also think that girls have it better off in general (let's just agree to disagree on that point). Just goes to show that I'm an oddity even among outliers.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42190 on: January 19, 2012, 01:25:43 am »

One word of advice, Joshua: if you are having a (non-life threatening) asthma attack, and you don't have your inhaler, try drinking something with lots of caffeine (like strong, black, coffeee). It might help

Thanks for the advice. And really, thanks everyone else for the empathy. All my problems in life are trivialized and I feel worthless, and there's just noone to talk to, cause noone cares. It's so hard to relate to anyone. In a way, calling the ambulance, while I really did need it, was something really defiant in my mind. Maybe that's why I freaked out so much about it. I don't know.

I wish that I never had to come back to Saginaw, things were good in K-zoo, and my life has been in a spiral of ruination since I've come back.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42191 on: January 19, 2012, 01:30:50 am »

Hey man, if you want to move to the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area, several good friends of mine are looking for roommates.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42192 on: January 19, 2012, 01:50:47 am »

It's going to reach -45 here with the windchill.

If you don't know Celcius, let me give you a handy guide

(30)-Sunburns everywhere
(10)-Awesome
(-10)-Still Awesome
(-30)-You're gonna need at least five layers
(-45)-You got exposed skin? Not anymore.

WINNIPEG WEATHER IS JUST SO GOOD. YOU HAVE NO IDEA. IT'S LIKE AT THE HALF POINT OF SPRING IT GOES FROM FREEZING TO DEATH TO BURNING TO DEATH, AND THAT'S JUST SWELL.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42193 on: January 19, 2012, 01:52:37 am »

Wasted another day playing Oblivion instead of actually getting things done.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42194 on: January 19, 2012, 01:54:33 am »

Hurk, nightmares again. I thought I was over these already..
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 2811 2812 [2813] 2814 2815 ... 8167