Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422485 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42165 on: January 18, 2012, 03:33:26 pm »

What happens if he signs the papers? Are you actually legally in the clear if you follow the directions?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42166 on: January 18, 2012, 03:34:51 pm »

Y'know, I've had a lot of bosses that were totally cool with breaking business law, and telling their employees to do so, because what are you gonna do about it?  But I find it rather baffling that one lawyer would try that with another lawyer.  He has to know that you know that he knows that it's a bust either way running.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42167 on: January 18, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »

What happens if he signs the papers? Are you actually legally in the clear if you follow the directions?

No, but there's no way in hell he's going to sign those papers. If he's dumb enough to, then I'm not doing shit.

It would mean he'd be 100% financially and criminally responsible, as well as confessing to an ethics violation. I can't knowingly participate in said ethics violation and have a duty to report if he actually does something stupid.

I basically just handed him a confession and bill for what he's about to steal. He's not going to sign it. I tried to explain to him just how not only illegal what he wants me to do is, but also how he absolutely WILL get caught if he tries to do it. They electronically catch you if you do this; I've showed him the court transcripts and evidence they use. This is the only thing that might get through.

It seems he not only can't be good, but he's not being good at it.... The old man does not understand the computery things and how they can bite you....

Y'know, I've had a lot of bosses that were totally cool with breaking business law, and telling their employees to do so, because what are you gonna do about it?  But I find it rather baffling that one lawyer would try that with another lawyer.  He has to know that you know that he knows that it's a bust either way running.

Me too.... At one point in time, I sincerely, really, looked up to him.... :(
What the hell are you doing man...?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:43:41 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42168 on: January 18, 2012, 05:59:45 pm »

There's several good Vietnamese places within 10-15 minutes of work, but I'm trying to save money. It's a buck or two more than a pack of ramen, but it's also wayyyyy better than generic American ramen. I can't do American ramen anymore...just tastes like MSG. Not when I can get spicy flaming Indonesian noodles of death for 50 cents more. Or pho, or dan dan noodle, or whatever.
I get BBQ flavor ramen at the Asian Food Markets near me, so good.

Anyways, sad because people keep telling me I am 'not good enough' because I have a C in my English class. I have been trying really hard, but I just am not a good writer... it's not like I just give up or anything.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42169 on: January 18, 2012, 06:28:36 pm »

My instant beef pho had only two tiny globs of pseudo-meat in it.

... ??? They make instant pho?  Suddenly I feel very lucky that I'm able to get the authentic stuff whenever I want

Yeah, it's basically a bowl with dry rice noodle and various packets of oil and dehyrdrated stuff. Add water and nuke for 3 minutes. It ain't great but it's cheap. Don't think I'll get that one again though.
what's the best brand?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42170 on: January 18, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »

I went on the hidden internet and found a website dedicated to human experiments. What has been seen can never be unseen.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42171 on: January 18, 2012, 07:56:52 pm »

Instant pho? Ha! I've mastered the ancient art of noodlecraft and can forge pho from its purest essences at will!

Actually I can't do that. But that would be so cool.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42172 on: January 18, 2012, 08:02:34 pm »

Instant pho? Ha! I've mastered the ancient art of noodlecraft and can forge pho from its purest essences at will!

Actually I can't do that. But that would be so cool.
All you need is soup bones, usual soup stock stuff, and some spices used for the pho flavor, then you just dump it on some thick rice noodles and flavor with hosin sauce, sugar, lime, and some fried garlic.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42173 on: January 18, 2012, 09:17:12 pm »

Issue resolved.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:52:05 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42174 on: January 18, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

Today is not a good day for managing to feel cisgender.

Fuckin ridiculous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42175 on: January 18, 2012, 11:40:42 pm »

I'm freaking out. I hate myself so much right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42176 on: January 18, 2012, 11:43:56 pm »

Get your asshole friends to pitch in.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42177 on: January 18, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »

I really, really doubt that insurance will refuse to cover you under those grounds. The potential liabilty danger is really too high to risk over something so trivial. 
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42178 on: January 18, 2012, 11:46:06 pm »

Today is not a good day for managing to feel cisgender.

Fuckin ridiculous.
Did I miss something, or is this exclamation coming out of the blue?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42179 on: January 18, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »

I really, really doubt that insurance will refuse to cover you under those grounds. The potential liabilty danger is really too high to risk over something so trivial. 

You think so? I'd be glad to believe it, but I'll be damned if I know anything about the business, since I have next to no experience in the matter.
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 8167