Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2805 2806 [2807] 2808 2809 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422547 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42090 on: January 16, 2012, 01:10:31 pm »

Could be toothache.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42091 on: January 16, 2012, 01:11:28 pm »

That sounds like sickness to me, unfortunately. You should get him checked out if you can.
Love, scriver~

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42092 on: January 16, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

I just got back from my therapist, she insisted that I write myself a letter expressing my feelings towards my mother.

Look, I understand I have mother issues, but everything does not revolve around her.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42093 on: January 16, 2012, 01:20:59 pm »

I just got back from my therapist, she insisted that I write myself a letter expressing my feelings towards my mother.

Look, I understand I have mother issues, but everything does not revolve around her.

I have analised your dreams and concluded that they clearly show that you want to sleep with your mother.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42094 on: January 16, 2012, 01:23:05 pm »

Yes, tell us more about how everything does not revolve around your mother.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42095 on: January 16, 2012, 01:25:57 pm »

I have analised your dreams and concluded that they clearly show that you want to sleep with your mother.

Pnx may not be the only one with issues.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42096 on: January 16, 2012, 01:29:58 pm »

Somewhere, the spirit of Freud smiles.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42097 on: January 16, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »

I wonder if literally everyone else's legs in the whole wide goddamn world are just longer than mine. I just can't find a pair of pants that I don't have to wear up to my stomach like Urkle to avoid having them sag and drag across the ground.

I just want a pair of pants where I can wear the waist at my waist, and not have my pantlegs get fucking destroyed from dragging on the ground.

5 feet tall here, bro.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42098 on: January 16, 2012, 03:03:42 pm »

@Truean: As a (reportedly pretty good) salesperson, I would've asked if you were interested in a coat for a ladyfriend, asked for the size/style you were looking for, stuck my foot in my mouth offering advice about patching up relationships, sold you a coat you were interested in and sent you on your merry way never knowing the difference.

What the hell, sales lady? I mean, you got the sticking your foot in your mouth part right, but failed on all other accounts.

Basically yes, loathe as I may have been to drop $200+ on an overcoat, that's what they cost and that's the sale she lost... (That rhymed and you know it did). Your way might have netted you that sale, whereas hers clearly did not. Meh. There is a little clothing shop that [cough] "understands" this. She has various transgendered, cross dressing, etc, customers come in after hours and she makes a mint doing this. The acceptance/discretion probably nets her upwards of several thousand dollars, due to the lack of rude looks while shopping alone. I've only been there a couple times, but she's fairly nice actually, though she's quite expensive. I'm pretty sure she charges a premium for this service.
In other news, clients continue to treat a law firm as though they were ordering a burger in it. Really? Ma'am, the judge said to provide the documents opposing counsel requested. He only called it a "request" to be polite, it really isn't one. Your not wanting to give the documents up, isn't really a choice. Moreover, by resisting the court's order, you've now got the judge thinking you're hiding something. Way to go making my job that much harder.... Forget the ego thing and keep the eye on the prize, winning, which you've just made exponentially harder....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:43:32 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42099 on: January 16, 2012, 03:32:00 pm »

I wonder if literally everyone else's legs in the whole wide goddamn world are just longer than mine.
I have kind of the opposite problem. Most off-the-shelf pants that fit my waist are entirely too short, while pants that fit my legs leave enough room at the waist for two of me. It's gotten less of a problem as I get older and my metabolism slows, but seriously...I used to wear like a 24" waist and 30" length.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42100 on: January 16, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

It always boggles the mind when you come forth with stories like this. The one singular time I worked with a lawyer (wife's bankruptcy), she was refreshingly polite and frank about the situation, giving us exactly what we needed to make the situation as painless as possible. Why would someone go out of their way to be a dick to someone like that? I mean, I wouldn't hire someone to defrag my computer, but I can do it myself. I have no working knowledge of the law, and therefore had to hire someone who did. You'd think that people would just say, "Hey, this person knows what they're doing. After all, that's why I hired them. I should listen and follow their directions."

Moral of the story: MZ is frustrated with humanity's insistence on being incredibly stupid.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42101 on: January 16, 2012, 03:42:35 pm »

It always boggles the mind when you come forth with stories like this. The one singular time I worked with a lawyer (wife's bankruptcy), she was refreshingly polite and frank about the situation, giving us exactly what we needed to make the situation as painless as possible. Why would someone go out of their way to be a dick to someone like that? I mean, I wouldn't hire someone to defrag my computer, but I can do it myself. I have no working knowledge of the law, and therefore had to hire someone who did. You'd think that people would just say, "Hey, this person knows what they're doing. After all, that's why I hired them. I should listen and follow their directions."

Moral of the story: MZ is frustrated with humanity's insistence on being incredibly stupid.

Ditto
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42102 on: January 16, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »

Ditto

Ditto again~

People here are in general, some of the nicest fucking people I've ever met~
If I get any weird looks, it's usually from american tourists, or something, and probably more about how I dress than anything else~

It's kinda interesting, because I've noticed that I get more weird looks in places with a lower asian population~

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42103 on: January 16, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »

Yeah...

I've had an instance with japanese exchange students who asked if my hair was real, very respectfully, then asked if they could touch it. (it was about shoulder length and bright red, natural)

A good proportion of aussies my age just go 'hey ya fuckin' ranga' (for the non-aussies, ranga is a derogatory term for redheads- it means orangutan).

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42104 on: January 16, 2012, 04:38:00 pm »

Ditto
Ditto again~
Ditto thrice!

Today I begin the reclamation of my basement. This house has been around for more than a century, and the last time we cleaned the basement was... 15 years ago or so, when we moved in. I have established a clean perimeter within the first 8 feet of the entrance, but that is perhaps five or six percent of what I will have to do. Also, that's the first time I've filled an entire vacuum bag with cobwebs. Looks freaky as hell when you open it up to empty it.  :o

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 2805 2806 [2807] 2808 2809 ... 8167