Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2789 2790 [2791] 2792 2793 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431725 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41850 on: January 08, 2012, 01:38:24 am »

Yeah, I remember the guy.  He was a real pain, made multiple accounts, followed me around, whatever.  Then Toady smushed him like a bug.

But if I'm big enough to get linked on Reddit, I have to say, I'm kind of proud of myself.

Reminds me of another game forum I frequented like 8 or 9 years ago.  There was a horrible troll on there who was sort of friends or something with the game owner/forum moderator.  He was one of the most crude and relentlessly annoying people I've ever known on the internet.  After tons of conflict, I eventually got him banned for a week.  Apparently he did nothing but flood everyone he knew with whining during this period.  Every minute of every day.  Constantly whining.  I took a look at that forum a couple years later just to see what everyone was up to.  One of the top threads was created by him and dedicated solely to ranting hatred against me.  I felt pretty sorry for him at that point.  Internet grudges can be rather pathetic.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41851 on: January 08, 2012, 01:45:26 am »

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD

I laughed.  Sort of.

You're my favourite rabid feminist, Vector. I wish there were more rabid feminists like you.
Love, scriver~

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41852 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54:45 am »

If Vector is a rabid feminist, then the correct course of action is clear. Burn all the rabies vaccine.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41853 on: January 08, 2012, 02:40:59 am »

Writing the rap song I was assigned about a month ago that I need to finish and record before Monday.

It's also about a historical conservative figure.

I never knew that a history teachers goal was to make all of their students hate everything about history, but I always suspected.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41854 on: January 08, 2012, 02:44:49 am »

Yeah, I remember the guy.  He was a real pain, made multiple accounts, followed me around, whatever.  Then Toady smushed him like a bug.

But if I'm big enough to get linked on Reddit, I have to say, I'm kind of proud of myself.

I'm still not sure whether to feel sorry for you or be proud of you.  Impressive all the same.  Plus it's not that often we get to see Toady smush someone like the insect they are.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41855 on: January 08, 2012, 04:55:30 am »

Star Trek Online is going FTP.  Since I have an account already (left it alone when it finished beta) I got to start in early.  And yikes, I still don't like the game. It already feels like a grind, and I'm only on my second quest so far.  Won't be playing this one anytime soon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41856 on: January 08, 2012, 06:49:34 am »

Going back to college today, probably won't be back home for atleast a month, maybe even more, crap :<
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41857 on: January 08, 2012, 01:04:41 pm »

Every line of this historical rap song that gets recorded the more of my spirit is crushed to dust.

This is going to be so shitty there will be no words in the English language capable of describing move shitty it will be.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41858 on: January 08, 2012, 01:10:09 pm »

Every line of this historical rap song that gets recorded the more of my spirit is crushed to dust.

This is going to be so shitty there will be no words in the English language capable of describing move shitty it will be.

You should do a 70's smooth R&B track about William Howard Taft.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41859 on: January 08, 2012, 01:19:42 pm »

We were given a list of Canadian historical figures. If you did not do a song about your figure(Mine was John Deifenbaker) you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term. If you use a rhyming structure that is not AABB you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term. If you do it in Screamo Metal you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term. If you complain that even as someone who doesn't listen to rap you think that rigid emotionless rules isn't really what rap is about you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term.

To be fair he is one of the worst teachers I've had. He once kicked a good 95% of our 30 person class out into the hallway because we failed to do the worksheet that he didn't assign and wasn't worth marks as homework. And then he came into the hallway and told us we were all going to fail by saying that we had better work harder next time they take his class. It's either sad or hilarious.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41860 on: January 08, 2012, 01:24:27 pm »

Sometimes you get ridiculous teachers. My high school maths teacher obviously played favorites, and half of the class was in the "buddies" group, whom often got blatant help during exams, and the other half (including yours truly) was on the pariah group, on whom she stepped whenever she had the slightest chance. She bore a grudge against me because of a ridiculous incident she brought upon herself priorly.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41861 on: January 08, 2012, 01:29:13 pm »

Hehe, I've had him pull me out and say that I should either respect him or drop out of class. I took the third option. The third option is where he creates a pretext to kick you out of class every day. Little does he know that I actually do not enjoy his class and do not find that in any way unattractive.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41862 on: January 08, 2012, 01:30:05 pm »

We were given a list of Canadian historical figures. If you did not do a song about your figure(Mine was John Deifenbaker) you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term. If you use a rhyming structure that is not AABB you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term. If you do it in Screamo Metal you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term. If you complain that even as someone who doesn't listen to rap you think that rigid emotionless rules isn't really what rap is about you failed and he will not release your marks at the end of the term.

To be fair he is one of the worst teachers I've had. He once kicked a good 95% of our 30 person class out into the hallway because we failed to do the worksheet that he didn't assign and wasn't worth marks as homework. And then he came into the hallway and told us we were all going to fail by saying that we had better work harder next time they take his class. It's either sad or hilarious.

John Deifenbaker?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41863 on: January 08, 2012, 01:32:32 pm »

I guess I'm lucky that I haven't really had a bad teacher since middle school.

I had one english teacher that made it absolutely clear she loathed and despised most of us. She'd often go on about "maturity" and occasionally political matters (which I happen to both then and now agree with but she came off as quite the ass about it).
I remember at one point, during a lunch break, some kids were making fart jokes in the hallway. She walked up to them and gave them a long lecture about how they were too old for that ("maturity" popped up every other sentence). Remember, these were ~10-12 year old kids.
It's like she hated everyone she didn't consider on her own intellectual level. As a middle school teacher.

On the bright side she DID convince me that the Western genre isn't totally crap, suggesting some actually decent books. 
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41864 on: January 08, 2012, 01:34:53 pm »

Yikes.
Deifenbaker, Deifenbaker, talkin' bout a money maker
Rollin' with his posse up in the NT
Giving out the vote to the Inuit you see
Singing, Hail to the Dief
Hail to the Dief

Yeah....I can't stick to the AABB thing. Double points if you lace it with profanity, because...you know...rap (since he seems to have a 20-year old concept of what constitutes rap)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 2789 2790 [2791] 2792 2793 ... 8167