Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2788 2789 [2790] 2791 2792 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430163 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41835 on: January 07, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »

I always feel bad about Wiegraf's sister. She coulda been a real badass.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #41836 on: January 07, 2012, 07:24:00 pm »

Tactics was a much better game until the demons showed. The story hit it's heights in the Death Corps (or Corpse Brigade if you go by the better PSP translation,) and the plotting between the houses later on.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41837 on: January 07, 2012, 07:37:18 pm »

I stopped playing after 10, I wasn't too keen on the direction the new games were taking. Just didn't like the style I guess.

FF7 fanboy reporting in.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41838 on: January 07, 2012, 07:42:58 pm »

Sads and frowns. It would seem that my livestreaming efforts are in vain due to technical difficulties. The video quality is terrible! I gesture to the program to make my videos high definition, and then my computer is all like "NOO JOSH I'M MEEEELLLLTTIIINNGG!" and so I turn it down, but it would seem that only crap definition is the only thing that will spare my cpu power.

Plus, watching the recordings of myself, the livestreamers are seemingly seeing things very differently from how I'm seeing them. For one, I sound like a snake person inside of an aquarium with ghosts booing in the background thanks to a combination of audio feedback  and crappy built-in Laptop mic. Secondly, when I'm playing games, to ME they're in full screen, but to the streamers it seems to be in a tiny low-def window with a black frame. Nothing can be simple, now can it?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:46:39 pm by JoshuaFH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41839 on: January 07, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »

Yeah it's too bad the flattest character was the main one (not to mention all the other protagonists go silent once they enter your party). The villains were awesome though. I love Delita and Wiegraf.
I've never actually gotten that far into it, but in the original Argus had the most awesome exchange ever at the water fort. I was sad that they changed it somewhat in the PSP version.

Spoiler: For the Curious (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41840 on: January 07, 2012, 08:03:34 pm »

There were lots of really good lines in the original translation, despite (or perhaps maybe because of) the crappy Engrish translation.

Delita's awesome quote: "Blame yourself, or God."

Not to mention the ambiguity of whether he actually loves Ovelia or not. I like to think he does, just to make the ending that much more ironic.

Ramza's not totally flat, either (just mostly). I like one of his lines at the start of the game, to some random bandits: "Surrender or die in obscurity!" Not a really notable line, until you remember who dies in obscurity at the end of the game: Ramza. He originally wanted to make a name for himself and believably gave it up.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41841 on: January 07, 2012, 08:16:52 pm »

Delita's awesome quote: "Blame yourself, or God."
Ah yes, that too. Wonderful.

Also spoilers. ಠ_ಠ I realize the game is, uhhh, at least a decade old, but, uh...

I'm not sure I have a point anymore.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41842 on: January 07, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »

Probably can't keep going with the autism class takedown, because I desperately need to lower my stress level.

Sorry, dudes.  She's got all the information I could give her, and I'm hoping that it will help her later.  Right now the problem is too large for me to tackle.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD

I laughed.  Sort of.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:05:03 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41843 on: January 08, 2012, 12:05:57 am »

Probably can't keep going with the autism class takedown, because I desperately need to lower my stress level.

Sorry, dudes.  She's got all the information I could give her, and I'm hoping that it will help her later.  Right now the problem is too large for me to tackle.
There's no need to apologise, it's not like you have to take on all the world's problems at once. Besides, how much of an impact do you think taking the class would really make?

Hopefully the number of people taking the course will be so low they call it off.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41844 on: January 08, 2012, 12:09:59 am »

Well, Vector. That went places. Totally.

Does anyone remember a troll 3 months ago? o-o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41845 on: January 08, 2012, 12:10:20 am »

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH GOD

I laughed.  Sort of.
Bwahaha.

Wonder who you pissed off? I don't recall anyone of late.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #41846 on: January 08, 2012, 12:12:50 am »

If there was one, they didn't do any lasting damage. Durn Redditors, getting on our lawn like that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41847 on: January 08, 2012, 12:14:36 am »

Yeah, I remember the guy.  He was a real pain, made multiple accounts, followed me around, whatever.  Then Toady smushed him like a bug.

But if I'm big enough to get linked on Reddit, I have to say, I'm kind of proud of myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41848 on: January 08, 2012, 12:16:19 am »

Well, I'm at 50-posts-per-page, and it's nearing a thousand pages. (I remember reading this entire thread... That was an enlightening week.) SO yeah, kind of a big thing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41849 on: January 08, 2012, 01:01:34 am »

Shit, Nexus 2 funding won't hit its 400k EU marker by next month. they only got a 100k right now, theres a backup plan but something tells me it won't be good.
Pages: 1 ... 2788 2789 [2790] 2791 2792 ... 8167