Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2785 2786 [2787] 2788 2789 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430077 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41790 on: January 06, 2012, 07:46:11 pm »

I seem to have tremendous problems with my sleepstyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41791 on: January 06, 2012, 08:22:06 pm »

That's on top of stuttering to the point where I actually just don't want to talk anymore.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41792 on: January 06, 2012, 08:22:39 pm »

Tiny dry erase board for writing?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41793 on: January 06, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »

Get one of those Steven Hawking voice things.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41794 on: January 06, 2012, 08:28:54 pm »

Hahahaha >_>  Right now, I'm going with "learn how to express all important ideas in extreme brevity."

Actually, it's kind of nice.  This may be the Second Golden Age of Vector.  The last one (also set off by a bout of severe stuttering) led to about 10 years of productivity as I learned to enjoy my own company and rely on myself.  This one might be even better.

All the same, I have very suddenly developed a hatred of talking at all.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41795 on: January 06, 2012, 08:38:50 pm »

I got a bag of superbly fitting underwear.
Then I washed them and now they are super tight.
This makes me sad.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41796 on: January 06, 2012, 08:42:19 pm »

Hahahaha >_>  Right now, I'm going with "learn how to express all important ideas in extreme brevity."

Actually, it's kind of nice.  This may be the Second Golden Age of Vector.  The last one (also set off by a bout of severe stuttering) led to about 10 years of productivity as I learned to enjoy my own company and rely on myself.  This one might be even better.

Hmm... Hug-based Morse code would work only over the Internet for you and therefore is entirely pointless. My only suggestion, ruined! Good luck, though. A few years down the road and you'll either have overcome the problem or neatly sidestepped it, using its momentum to your advantage in some clever fashion. 'S my prediction, anyway.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41797 on: January 06, 2012, 08:44:49 pm »

This makes me sad.
Did you use cold water or warm/hot water? I heard that cold water helps prevent shrinkage (ironically)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41798 on: January 06, 2012, 09:42:56 pm »

This makes me sad.
Did you use cold water or warm/hot water? I heard that cold water helps prevent shrinkage (ironically)
Pretty sure it was cold water. Interesting fact to know though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41799 on: January 06, 2012, 10:02:20 pm »

Hmm... Hug-based Morse code would work only over the Internet for you and therefore is entirely pointless. My only suggestion, ruined! Good luck, though. A few years down the road and you'll either have overcome the problem or neatly sidestepped it, using its momentum to your advantage in some clever fashion. 'S my prediction, anyway.
Vector could learn semaphore, and flag signals so she can re-enact famous naval battles. She should particularly learn the flags for, "Vector expects that every man will do his duty." And, "Gimme some sugar Hardy."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41800 on: January 06, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

.... ..- --. ...   ..-. --- .-.   ...- . -.-. - --- .-. .-.-.-

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41801 on: January 06, 2012, 10:17:02 pm »

.... ..- --. ... ..-. --- .-. .- .-.. .-.. !

The worst critic can be yourself.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41802 on: January 06, 2012, 10:25:27 pm »

Would you prefer .... ..- --. ... / .- -. -.. / -.-. .- -.- . / ..-. --- .-. / -... .- -.-- .---- ..---?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41803 on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:32 pm »

My signature is now HUGS. Some might say that between the hugs in my title text, and the hugs in my signature I have too many hugs. But they of course fail to see the flaw in their logic that everyone else sees.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41804 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:28 pm »

My laptop's power cord just burst into flames. That is... problematic. Mercifully, the laptop itself is fine and the fire did not spread beyond a single point on the cord that burned itself out quickly after I unplugged the fucker. Worst 30 bucks (counting shipping) I ever spent. Don't have the money to replace it this month, so until next I'll have to make do with the one I replaced with the now-combusted one, which refuses to be recognized by the computer until significant wiggling gets some broken pins to match up (a common issue with the things).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2785 2786 [2787] 2788 2789 ... 8167