Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2766 2767 [2768] 2769 2770 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452899 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41505 on: January 01, 2012, 01:42:50 am »

If you die can I have your stuff GG?

Although seriously. You might want to see a doc.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41506 on: January 01, 2012, 01:46:57 am »

You vomited into...your nose?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41507 on: January 01, 2012, 01:58:41 am »

Specifically, I vomited into my mouth, inhaled it, and then coughed it into my nose. (or so I believe - it woke me up from sleeping, god knows how it actually worked)

Although seriously. You might want to see a doc.
Luckily, I've already got three appointments on Tuesday for completely unrelated medical problems. I will bring it up during one of them, trust me, especially if it's gotten worse by then.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41508 on: January 01, 2012, 02:02:08 am »

Disillusionment feels very cold.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41509 on: January 01, 2012, 02:05:55 am »

The zombies haven't spawned at the time of the New Year Day. Oh well, maybe next year.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41510 on: January 01, 2012, 02:19:01 am »

Oh fuck. My jaw really hurt today, and when I finally reached back into my mouth a minute ago, I felt what is either a corner of one of my wisdom teeth or a rogue shard of my jaw. It feels, going along my gum line, like there's room for it to grow in, but.....

I'm not 21. Hell, I'm not even 18 for a month. What do to, what to do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:39:07 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41511 on: January 01, 2012, 02:28:29 am »

Oh fuck. My jaw really hurt today, and when I finally reached back into my mouth a minute ago, I felt what is either a corner of one of my wisdom teeth or a rouge shard of my jaw. It feels, going along my gum line, like there's room for it to grow in, but.....

Wisdom teeth really are awkward, but mine did start sprouting about that time. Although maybe a red shard of your jaw is a possibility.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41512 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:28 am »

Oh fuck. My jaw really hurt today, and when I finally reached back into my mouth a minute ago, I felt what is either a corner of one of my wisdom teeth or a rouge shard of my jaw. It feels, going along my gum line, like there's room for it to grow in, but.....

Wisdom teeth really are awkward, but mine did start sprouting about that time. Although maybe a red shard of your jaw is a possibility.
im getting those pulled while gassed on monday >_> looking forward...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41513 on: January 01, 2012, 03:28:57 am »

This new years' eve is full of disappointment. No friends, no partying, nothing fun at all. I mean, the rum is good, but there is nothing else redeeming about this "holiday".

Similar situation myself, although for perhaps different reasons.

I can't decide if I just had a really boring day, or an incredibly depressing day.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41514 on: January 01, 2012, 03:29:03 am »

Oh fuck. My jaw really hurt today, and when I finally reached back into my mouth a minute ago, I felt what is either a corner of one of my wisdom teeth or a rogue shard of my jaw. It feels, going along my gum line, like there's room for it to grow in, but.....

Uh. Get those suckers drilled? Whats the issue with your age? I got mine out at 16.

You should go to a dentist... If it is wisdom teeth they should have caught it long before now. If it is not then you really need it checked out. If they did just miss them somehow then you may need them taken out ASAP.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:30:38 am by Criptfeind »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #41515 on: January 01, 2012, 04:56:26 am »

Ouch, makes me glad I have a relatively large mouth...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41516 on: January 01, 2012, 05:02:05 am »

I occasionally wonder if my obsession with my poor fit of an ex-boyfriend is punishment for being a terrible, ill-tempered person who no one will love until she becomes sufficiently meek and demure.

Here's to another year of misery and obsessive thoughts.

I'm naturally inclined to problems like this when I get stressed.  Had the same trouble when I entered kindergarten and couldn't stop seeing people dying all the time.  Now I can't stop thinking about that damnable ghost, who isn't even the real man.

I'd rant out a long list of things that I never had, like a New Year's kiss or a Valentine's Day that felt like something other than a paint-by-numbers clown, or a kiss hello, or anything that fits squarely in the "romance" box rather than lifting itself wholly into "logic."  But this isn't the place for that.

Here I am: young Vector, fairly extreme polyglot, powerful math student, lover of detective novels, 1830-1940 French novels, and myths, vaguely proficient cartoonist, author, and violinist.  Young lady whose dating pool includes internationally award-winning physicists, sons of influential computer scientists, lady linguists, mathematicians, and artists.

So what am I so worried about, anyway?

And here's what I promise: if we speak again, it's not going to be this year.  And if I think of him again, I sure as hell hope it won't be often or angrily, because this needs to stop.  I'm pretty pissed off.  It's become fairly clear that this is no longer about people, and is the product of outdated brain mechanics.

Oh, and I may try and see if the South needs a mathematician when I graduate.  If there's one thing I learned from living out here, it's that I'm damned tired of being treated like a weirdo for enjoying country music and being able to plant things.  Sure, comes with its own problems and I'll still probably be treated like a weirdo, but I'll deal with it.  I need a change of scene.

Either that or an entirely different country.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41517 on: January 01, 2012, 05:16:32 am »

Oh, and I may try and see if the South needs a mathematician when I graduate.  If there's one thing I learned from living out here, it's that I'm damned tired of being treated like a weirdo for enjoying country music and being able to plant things.  Sure, comes with its own problems and I'll still probably be treated like a weirdo, but I'll deal with it.  I need a change of scene.
I, uh. I probably wouldn't recommend it, being down here. The parts of it where country music and planting is really prevalent is, in general, incredibly hostile (especially socially, sometimes physically) to folks like yourself. It depends on where you are, of course, but...

... at the very least avoid north/central Florida like the plague. Most of the Carolinas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas. Those are the ones I've been around enough to say you probably want to stay the hell away, unless you're aiming for the really big cities (and sometimes not even then.), in which planting is far less prevalent.

Also depends on what you mean by country music. Good bluegrass seems to be easier to find up in the mountains.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:19:28 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41518 on: January 01, 2012, 05:46:59 am »

Come to Michigan! We have whole communities devoted to country music and planting things. Hell, that's basically all of MI that's not overly urban.

I'd be very okay with MI being overrun with Bay12ers.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41519 on: January 01, 2012, 05:52:58 am »

I have over 10k songs, but my music library is still so lacking~
Why must I be so obsessive about finding and collecting all of this music?
Pages: 1 ... 2766 2767 [2768] 2769 2770 ... 8167