Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2765 2766 [2767] 2768 2769 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451055 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41490 on: December 31, 2011, 01:50:30 pm »

I think I'm going through a weird phase again.  It's the kind of time where the things I do and say are somehow... off.  And people get really upset at me about it.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41491 on: December 31, 2011, 03:54:58 pm »

So I was in an optimistic mood, and felt pretty good about life, so I idiotically decided to try calling one of my old friends to see if I could smooth things over.

Me: Hi, err how are you doing?
Her: Err... fine, who is this?
Me: It's [me].
Her: Oh......... you..............
Me: Yeah, errr. I was wondering if the three of you could get together and we could talk as a group? There are some issues I want to go over.
Her: Nope, that ship has sailed. Not gonna happen.
Me: Yeah, yeah I know, some things are broken and can never be fixed.
Her: Right, look I've got to go, how about you just relax tonight, watch the ball drop and try not to dwell on it, ok?
Me: Right... sorry for being so broken.
Her: *hangs up*

Ten minutes ago I was feeling cheerful, now I'm wondering if there's anything sufficiently lethal in the house I can drink.

EDIT: How come I can never find someone to talk to when I really want to talk to them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 04:37:52 pm by Pnx »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41492 on: December 31, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »

So I'm finally getting around to playing some Duels of the Planeswalkers, and I meet a rare mythical person that is actually nice and cool to play with, and we're playing a few games. We get to a junction where it looks like I'm going to win, and then he plays a spell that stops me, and as I'm typing my humorous response to it as I actually find it funny since I prematurely threw up a GG, ARGH GAME CRASHES AND MAKES IT LOOK LIKE I RAGE QUIT! GODDAMNIT GAME!

It's hard enough to make friends already without stupid things tripping me up!
Oh, BTW...I finally got around to getting DotP. RedKing75 on Steam if you'd care to pwn me like the noob that I am. I thought I at least knew the basics of MTG, but then I'm seeing all these cards with rules I've never heard of. Equipment? Double strike?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #41493 on: December 31, 2011, 04:55:58 pm »

Double Strike is a card that has both first strike AND regular strike at once. Pretty awesome.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41494 on: December 31, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »

So I'm finally getting around to playing some Duels of the Planeswalkers, and I meet a rare mythical person that is actually nice and cool to play with, and we're playing a few games. We get to a junction where it looks like I'm going to win, and then he plays a spell that stops me, and as I'm typing my humorous response to it as I actually find it funny since I prematurely threw up a GG, ARGH GAME CRASHES AND MAKES IT LOOK LIKE I RAGE QUIT! GODDAMNIT GAME!
I have a problem where I will keep talking when there's really nothing for them to respond to.  Whether I'm trying to explain what I'm saying more clearly or it's just not that interesting to them what ends up happening is either they don't respond because they don't know what to say or they blurt out a 'yeah' or 'heh' or 'uhhuh' to everything.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41495 on: December 31, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »

Last day at my dad's house, and we are having a New Years party. Parties here involve lots of alcohol, typically. I don't think I can take any more talks about sex from aunts and other assorted family members, or drunk people asking if I am gay. At least my step mom is pregnant so at least one person shall be not drunk.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41496 on: December 31, 2011, 08:58:08 pm »

My 10 year old cousin told my grandpa that she likes his house because she "is allowed to eat" there. Apparently my aunt has been strict on her food and telling her she is getting fat. Poor girl is going to get a complex, she is not fat in the least.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41497 on: December 31, 2011, 10:37:11 pm »

This new years' eve is full of disappointment. No friends, no partying, nothing fun at all. I mean, the rum is good, but there is nothing else redeeming about this "holiday".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #41498 on: December 31, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »

This new years' eve is full of disappointment. No friends, no partying, nothing fun at all. I mean, the rum is good, but there is nothing else redeeming about this "holiday".
*brofist*

Just another day, to me. All I expect from the next month is a whole lot of screwups when writing the date.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41499 on: December 31, 2011, 11:29:08 pm »

*brofist* At least you guys are good company, although I can't drunkenly play Rock Band with you. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41500 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:14 pm »

Keep getting locked in to some sort of mental mode where I have immense difficulty enjoying anything. Not sure why - might just be because of winter. It's frustrating, to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:03:06 am by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41501 on: January 01, 2012, 12:02:21 am »

Another year.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41502 on: January 01, 2012, 12:13:29 am »

Tired. Very, very tired. Can't sleep, though. Too much caffeine. Better'n falling asleep at the wheel, but still irritating.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41503 on: January 01, 2012, 01:36:54 am »

You know how sometimes a person will vomit into their mouth? I just did that. Only instead of vomiting into my mouth, I vomited into my nasal cavity and then breathed it into my lungs.

Everything I've read pretty much guarantees the burning and difficulty breathing will, fairly rapidly, turn into pneumonia if I did not successfully expel everything from my lungs (so here's hoping), and the stomache acids have likely already done enough damage that I'll be a little while recovering if I didn't do any permanent damage. Everything from my lungs to my nose is burning, and there are bits of chocolate every time I blow my nose. The wheezing is a bad sign.

So yeah, that's what's got me down.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41504 on: January 01, 2012, 01:41:13 am »

Oh, BTW...I finally got around to getting DotP. RedKing75 on Steam if you'd care to pwn me like the noob that I am. I thought I at least knew the basics of MTG, but then I'm seeing all these cards with rules I've never heard of. Equipment? Double strike?

Found an ordinary RedKing possessing all the same creds, so I presume it's you. I'm not sure how far back your magic history is, but all the newer stuff is easy enough to learn, just takes a little practice and getting used to.
Pages: 1 ... 2765 2766 [2767] 2768 2769 ... 8167