Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2761 2762 [2763] 2764 2765 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450041 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41430 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:23 pm »

Why mail anthrax when you can mail stuff people will willingly ingest?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41431 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:49 pm »

You gotta live life on the edge sometimes, Cripty.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41432 on: December 29, 2011, 05:29:54 pm »

I consider smell of pot smoke to be bad, thus smoking pot turns you into a smelly pothead to me unless you happen to be very thorough while washing yourself and your clothes, which most of the people I'm supposedly stereotyping aren't. I also consider smokers to be smelly, but smelly smokers doesn't sound as good. And drunkards don't (generaly) smell TOO bad, so I call them drunkards instead of smelling alcohol abusers :P

I realize he has other problems, which several friends + me have tried to help him with, and he seemed pretty much ok thus far. Thankfuly he stated he didn't actualy enjoy it because it wasn't half of what people say it is and made him not bothered by death metal, something he dislikes. I just find very hard to believe that smoking pot is going to improve anything at all, and so far real life has not provided any clue that using non-medically prescriptioned drugs, legal or not, is actualy useful or productive for anything.

Of course, playing video games or posting this isn't actualy useful or productive for anything either, but hey, it doesn't make me smell like burnt lawnmower refuse. I consider using anything that alters your perception a weakness, but everyone has flaws, and they're part of why I like the jerk :P . I'm just worried about his future and see using drugs as a problem, because its a powerful escape, not the very cause of the problem, and he has a tendency to abuse things that he ends up liking, but thankfuly that wasn't the case with pot.

@Vector: Heh, I can relate to alot of that, but you won't be super happy with your relationships if you expect them to relate to you in every way. Its very unlikely you'll find someone that understand you that deeply, but if its your thing, you're probably happier that way then risking a relationship with someone that only partly understands you.
And there's aways the chance you'll actualy find someone that is almost a rule 63'd copy of yourself, and you might end up not liking it. I wouldn't date myself, I'm a jerk :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:31:45 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41433 on: December 29, 2011, 05:35:14 pm »

Oh what an ill-fated day.  I feel pretty shitty and I don't believe I have laughed today!  Such matters should be a crime.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41434 on: December 29, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »

And dudes, seriously, I wasn't saying these four people understood me completely.  They understood one or two parts of me, each.

I imagine that for most of you, "understands my body language" isn't a concern, because most people match that.  For me, it is very, very important and rare.
Meant what I said and said what I meant. There's precisely one person in my life I've been able to actually relax around enough for my non-public mannerisms (my public ones are usually misinterpreted, thankfully, which is intended and getting better as the years pass) to even even partially come through and even with them it was pretty constrained. A couple attempts to family, but only that one had any degree of 'click' whatsoever. Several that were safer to be around, but no one I could even approach relaxed with.

It's a terrifyingly enticing thing, even connection on that level. Folks I can speak to without an underlying level of fear is something that has only happened once, and even then only partially. In the words of the mortal bard, "Fuckdamn bigots and straight to hell with this shithole of a geopolitical area."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41435 on: December 29, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »

Not feeling well today... Need water, lots of water. Also terrible sneeze.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #41436 on: December 29, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »

I don't care about pot.  Not caring about pot means I don't like discussing pot, which is unfortunate because none of the open pot smokers I know can go fifteen minutes without bringing it up.
Shoes...

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41437 on: December 29, 2011, 06:45:14 pm »

So, I got this AeroShot thing in the mail. It's supposed to be an inhaled energy...something. Anyway, I opened the thing, took a puff, and...gagged. Sure, I'm awake, but it's because the taste is that of concentrated awful. Will not buy.
Surprise! That's the bitter and terrible taste of caffeine! That Aeroshot is awesome, though. I pulled through over 48 hours and as long as I kept puffing every so often I was for the most part fine.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41438 on: December 29, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »

So, I got this AeroShot thing in the mail. It's supposed to be an inhaled energy...something. Anyway, I opened the thing, took a puff, and...gagged. Sure, I'm awake, but it's because the taste is that of concentrated awful. Will not buy.
Surprise! That's the bitter and terrible taste of caffeine! That Aeroshot is awesome, though. I pulled through over 48 hours and as long as I kept puffing every so often I was for the most part fine.

Nah, I actually don't mind the taste of caffeine. It was the over-abundance of lime flavoring that did it. Bleh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41439 on: December 29, 2011, 07:04:31 pm »

Nah, I actually don't mind the taste of caffeine. It was the over-abundance of lime flavoring that did it. Bleh.
The only flavoring I get is a hint of an aftertaste...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41440 on: December 29, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »

Been feeling crappy yesterday and today. Thinking about seeing a doctor, but it's probably just a bad cold. Haven't even vomited yet, thank goodness.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #41441 on: December 29, 2011, 07:08:16 pm »

Didn't get the summer Zynga co-op. :(

Now I need to find somewhere else, and quick. From what I recall last year, there wasn't much left by February. No summer co-op would pretty much mean no money to go back to RIT.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41442 on: December 29, 2011, 07:42:31 pm »

This winter has been very very hot. Last year there was over six feet of snow at this time, now there is practicality none. Just a few pathetic piles, the rest of my yard is 100% snow free.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41443 on: December 29, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »

It's been dry here. Even in the mountains we're hardly getting snow, despite single-digit temperatures most days. Hopefully it picks up, otherwise the drought will only get worse.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41444 on: December 29, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »

44f/6.6c here. So odd.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2761 2762 [2763] 2764 2765 ... 8167