Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 [2758] 2759 2760 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449380 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41355 on: December 28, 2011, 10:26:12 pm »

[...]decent, considerate, cute men[...]
There's an old saying, that apparently applies to homosexual as well as heterosexual relationships: "Smart, pretty, sane, single. Pick two and flip a coin."

Which, uh... probably isn't very reassuring. Best of luck with the current go at it! I do mean that sincerely, just to make sure the intent is clear.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd totally hang (or at least attempt to, gods only know if my hilariously fucked up social capabilities would be able to manage) if I was in the area. Have roomed with one bisexual fellow and one of my high school friends came out of the closet after leaving their hometown, so I'm apparently no more jittery around homosexual folks than I am anyone else :P Low interaction number being more due to the area I'm in and lack of face-to-face social interaction in general than anything else, heh.

Mostly just a 'they're out there, just keep looking' thing, I guess. *cheer up waves*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41356 on: December 28, 2011, 10:34:19 pm »

I feel ye there Truean.

Because my friend is pretty, smart, actualy single, but smoked pot yesterday with some dirty smelly hipsters, which makes me real sad.

Because I'm an idiot who cares about the wrong things.
I know smoking pot isn't the end of the world, fuck, I'm in college, 15% of everyone I talk to (specially the art students) smoke pot, it just so happens that most of them are massive failures. Life gave me a real bad view of drugs in general, including pot. I know one awesome and successful doctor that does smoke pot, but he's considerably above the general people as a person. Its not like I don't think my friend is awesome and above average, but he's been washing dishes for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week for a while now, I'm just scared of what his life might look like in a few years, and it makes me real mad that I can't do anything but try to talk to him, I'm not his parents (and his parents are real reasonable medical degree tier people, who probably think having an apartment will infuse him with some shred of maturity) I have no power beyond friendship, I can't force him to do anything.

And you know whats even more unfair? He's the only guy I find interesting. College is a fucking desert full of ugly idiots and the guys that actualy look decent are the massively flamboyant kind I have trouble being around because they expect me to act the same way. I don't mind some feminine traces, hell, I love those things, but being so flamboyant you make kurt from glee look manly isn't bearable. I'm a handicapped gay, lacking lisp and flamboyant-ness (mostly).

Sometimes I feel like an idiot for actualy caring, but I just do, because I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:47:35 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41357 on: December 28, 2011, 10:45:57 pm »

There's an old saying, that apparently applies to homosexual as well as heterosexual relationships: "Smart, pretty, sane, single. Pick two and flip a coin."

Assuming I understand how this works, that leaves me wondering: am I smart, sane, and ugly; pretty, sane, and stupid; or smart, pretty, and mad?

I think I want it to be the last one.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41358 on: December 28, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »

From what I've been told I'm the last one. :P

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41359 on: December 28, 2011, 10:49:00 pm »

^This. Smart, pretty and mad is the way to go, but it'll make you real sad from time to time.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41360 on: December 28, 2011, 10:51:41 pm »

smart, pretty, and single.

Wheres Japa to comment on this?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41361 on: December 28, 2011, 10:53:19 pm »

Japa is beyond the range of our silly classifications, he can just wave his mustache (if it still exists) and acquire multiple females at will.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41362 on: December 28, 2011, 10:54:26 pm »

+3 Moustache of Summon Woman?

EDIT: Damn, I think I did it wrong. I can only presume that “single” is a bonus, and I can only select two bonuses, so I am either ugly, stupid, and sane; mad, stupid, and pretty; or mad, ugly, and smart.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 10:59:17 pm by Fenrir »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41363 on: December 28, 2011, 10:56:51 pm »

What doesn't show up on the internet is my cripplingly low self esteem, my general slobbishnes, and my inability to talk to new people.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41364 on: December 28, 2011, 10:58:16 pm »

I am mad and single... But am I pretty or smart?
Love, scriver~

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41365 on: December 28, 2011, 10:59:19 pm »

Smart sane ugly.
Fuck my Gelatinous belly. Erm, not literally.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41366 on: December 28, 2011, 11:05:02 pm »

Now this thread is more about personal details then the Post Your Picture Thread.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41367 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »

I am mad ad single. People keep assuring me that I am also smart and pretty, but I don't care too much about those.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41368 on: December 28, 2011, 11:24:25 pm »

Can I take a double-coinflip for smart, please?  I wanna meet a guy who can talk circles around me (because he's smart, not because I'm being particularly naive about social relationships on that given day), and I don't care if he's fugly or married or nutso.

. . . Actually, I think I may have already met that man and have already taken a few math classes with him, he's just too old and married-enough.  Damn me.

Huzzah for Sherlock Holmes coming back in January, though.  Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the DVD release, because I refuse to watch something that fabulous on Youtube and don't expect a television to be lying around wherever I am in May.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41369 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30:29 pm »

I'm sane (clinically >_>), sorta-smart (going to Uni for medicine eventually?), and Cody says I'm good-looking and if I lost weight that I'd be fucking hot (his words.)

Do I win the game?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 [2758] 2759 2760 ... 8167