Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2730 2731 [2732] 2733 2734 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447875 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40965 on: December 18, 2011, 05:40:16 am »

Hehe, Vector, and I thought I was short at 5'11". :P

I come from a family where EVERYONE pretty much is 6'0" or higher. Although i'm the oldest of my cousins by THREE YEARS (I'm 19), there are three, nearly four who are taller than me. My twin cousins who are 6'4", my 13 year old female cousin who is 6'2", and my ten year old favourite cousin who is a redhead like me, who is 5'4". All the others are still very little (my youngest first cousin is just barely two) so I have at least 10 more years before i'm the shortest in the family.

:P

It's hilarious standing next to my grandparents who are both a head taller than me.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40966 on: December 18, 2011, 05:49:05 am »

i finally hit 6' after so many years as 5'11''. Though i lost 20 pounds eating nothing but deepfry O_o same life curriculum of course.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40967 on: December 18, 2011, 08:36:26 am »

Oh woe, I have a bottle of Jack Daniels sitting on my desk and noone wants to come and have a few drinks with me.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #40968 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:08 am »

You're all so tall. D: I'm 5'4".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40969 on: December 18, 2011, 09:22:45 am »

Chairman, I'd take you up on that offer.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40970 on: December 18, 2011, 09:49:13 am »

Yeah, it puzzles me to no end that everyone around went tee-to-taller this weekend. Maybe they were spooked by the simulated exam's results, who knows.  : ???
http://tinypic.com/r/20ii6no/5

PD: that's NOT the image I uploaded. Stupid tinypic

Finally. I don't know why that old man's picture popped up before ???

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=245fpxk&s=5
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:59:52 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40971 on: December 18, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »

This is the first time in sixteen hours that the forum didn't return a 504 for me.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40972 on: December 18, 2011, 11:55:20 pm »

This is the first time in sixteen hours that the forum didn't return a 504 for me.
So much this.
The 504s. They keep happening.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40973 on: December 18, 2011, 11:58:01 pm »

The fact that I was unable to get to this website until just now >:I

Also the fact that I spent most of today moving furniture and will probably spend all of tomorrow doing more of the same, as well as sorting books.  At least I'm making myself useful.

And that my father seems to have lost/absconded with/something my single-volume complete Sherlock Holmes collection (purchased for a buck, but still), so I can't just go through all the stories in one go or something.  I have a couple of individual books, but I only recently managed to buy that particular brick... drat.

Also, one shelf of one bookshelf in my room is all dictionaries.

And I really want to read some good mystery novels.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40974 on: December 18, 2011, 11:59:24 pm »

Aye, 504s all day. At least I got some work done on some music composition, but it was a lonely day.

(In Conservative America, churches go to all of your not-atheist friends!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40975 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:08 am »

I set my day aside for playing D&D with people, after a bunch of hiatus and awkward schedule mishaps.
Then the forums go down, and nobody managed to log onto my maptools server. *sigh*...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40976 on: December 19, 2011, 12:17:54 am »

I set my day aside for playing D&D with people, after a bunch of hiatus and awkward schedule mishaps.
Then the forums go down, and nobody managed to log onto my maptools server. *sigh*...
I too am sad about this game not going on today.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40977 on: December 19, 2011, 12:23:06 am »

And I really want to read some good mystery novels.
Maybe something here? If you can stand to read on a computer, anyway. Gutenberg's a nice place.

Does remind me I'm having a dry spell for interesting (or at least amusing) fanfiction, though. That's always kind of a downer, at least until I find something new to read (then promptly devour it in <24 hours, going back to being slightly disheartened by it. Vicious cycle, heh.). Don't really feel like re-reading stuff at th'mo, either :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40978 on: December 19, 2011, 12:33:57 am »

Maybe something here? If you can stand to read on a computer, anyway. Gutenberg's a nice place.

Does remind me I'm having a dry spell for interesting (or at least amusing) fanfiction, though. That's always kind of a downer, at least until I find something new to read (then promptly devour it in <24 hours, going back to being slightly disheartened by it. Vicious cycle, heh.). Don't really feel like re-reading stuff at th'mo, either :-\

Oh, thanks for the recommendations!  I actually own a decent number of those books, so maybe I'll have some time to read a bit after I finish moving back into my room.  At the moment, that and Princess Tutu (dunno why I'm watching that, but whatever.  I felt kinda shoujo) are takin' up all my time.

About the fanfiction... do you have any particularly favorite fandoms?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40979 on: December 19, 2011, 12:44:40 am »

Anything over 100k words that doesn't involve completely nonsensical same-gender pairings. Sensible ones are fine (I think I've ran into three that were readable!), but the stuff where they take folks in th'original series that blatantly hated each other and throw 'em in bed... makes my brain melt. Tend to just overtly avoid yaoi stuff, because most of what I've attempted to read was just... bad. Bad by fanfiction standards*. E: Which isn't to say I haven't/wouldn't read stuff that's good, just that I don't bother trying to sift through it anymore :-\

... mostly just a size thing, though. I've been dipping down to 60k over the last year or so, but anything smaller than that tends to... not last very long. Th'100kers like to disappear into my brain overnight, heh. That and basic grammar. Punctuation, yanno'? I've been meandering through fics long enough that properly used commas, periods, etc., are like sunbeams parting a cloudy sky and the world bursting into divine chorus.

Fandoms themselves, I regularly read... uh, a couple dozen? And happily branch in to stuff I don't actually know jack about. Good readin's good reading.

*For folks that aren't familiar with fanfics, take this illuminating quote: "[Finding good fanfiction] is like looking for a needle in a needle stack, only the whole thing is covered in shit and everything is on fire." Mindless yaoi stuff tends to throw in some arsenic or something to the mix. Mind you, mindless non-yaoi stuff does the same thing, but th'yaoi is somehow more prolific.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:47:37 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2730 2731 [2732] 2733 2734 ... 8167