Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2728 2729 [2730] 2731 2732 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446877 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40935 on: December 17, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »

1. Slept 13 hours.  I actually hate sleeping, especially now that my brain has decided it's time to bring back the "loneliness dreams" (crystal-clear dreams about meeting someone and having a pleasant time with them).

2. My body seems to have decided that now, now that all the stress is gone and I just have, oh, a date, a bunch of stuff to clean, a person visiting to see if they want to rent my room, and two movies to watch... yeah, now is the time to permit my hormones to do a messy drive-by gut shooting.

Pfaugh!  I was really hoping for a couple more days resting before it kicked in, but oh well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40936 on: December 17, 2011, 12:48:26 pm »

I had an extremely pleasant dream about my old girlfriend that crushed me years ago.

I woke up feeling rather pathetic and naive, if only because I didn't want the dream to end. It was almost like it was rewriting my terrible past.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40937 on: December 17, 2011, 01:14:19 pm »

Just quit a game of King Arthur's Gold because we kept getting people switch to our team, destroy our defences, switch back when we tried to ban them, and play as completely normal players for the other team. We were winning before this started happening. It saddens me to see a game I love ruined like this. I'm just glad it's not too common.

1. Slept 13 hours.  I actually hate sleeping, especially now that my brain has decided it's time to bring back the "loneliness dreams" (crystal-clear dreams about meeting someone and having a pleasant time with them).
I'm really feel for you. Mostly because I've been getting similar dreams but with the other people being old friends I can't bring myself to get back in touch with.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40938 on: December 17, 2011, 01:17:57 pm »

Yeah, I had a dream about randomly meeting Lady Gaga in front of a stationery store and getting her autograph for my cousin-who-likes-Lady-Gaga.  At first I couldn't get it, though, because the only paper I could find on me was a sticky note pad with every page covered in cartooning I'd done.

I don't really know why, though.  I mean, why those symbols, why those people, whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40939 on: December 17, 2011, 01:52:21 pm »

I don't really know why, though.  I mean, why those symbols, why those people, whatever.
Minor anxiety that you can't read her poker face?

... >_>; Yeah, I'll go back to my corner now.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #40940 on: December 17, 2011, 06:27:54 pm »

I talked to my mother for 40 minutes today. that is always depressing.

There was all the normal depressing crap that is always involved in talking to her because the only thing going on is her horrible life.

And then.

My lil sister got billed for 14 thousand dollars for two doctors visits that didn't do anything. Yay, American medical industry!

She wants me to contact my father so I can try to get life insurance on him, since if he dies, the half of his pension that she depends on will disappear. Yea, that REALLY sounds like a bad idea.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40941 on: December 17, 2011, 07:34:07 pm »

Yet another day feeling alone and empty... I have nobody to blame but myself.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40942 on: December 17, 2011, 09:10:11 pm »

I talked to my mother for 40 minutes today. that is always depressing.

There was all the normal depressing crap that is always involved in talking to her because the only thing going on is her horrible life.

And then.

My lil sister got billed for 14 thousand dollars for two doctors visits that didn't do anything. Yay, American medical industry!

She wants me to contact my father so I can try to get life insurance on him, since if he dies, the half of his pension that she depends on will disappear. Yea, that REALLY sounds like a bad idea.

It makes me sad to hear this. Also to realise how completely oblivious to the actual costs how healthcare for Americans I have been... That is a shockingly horrible sum. At least tell me there were some kind of procedure (or whatever it's called) done?

It also makes me very thankful I am from where I am. The most anyone here pays for doctor appointments is 900 Crowns, or around $130 if I remember the rate correctly (and another 130 for medicine), a year. If it wasn't for that insurance, the best friend I ever had would probably never even lived through her first couple of months - she was born with a faulty heart and her parents were lower class workers...

I feel so damn spoiled and ungrateful now. I hope your father does something right for once in his life, Nadaka. I really do.

Yet another day feeling alone and empty... I have nobody to blame but myself.

Share a virtual hug and cup of heated spiced wine with me? It tastes like friendship.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40943 on: December 17, 2011, 09:16:23 pm »

I had a great date today!  We got curry and kee mao (and two cups of tea for me) and I saw the first episode of Futurama, managed to stop the guy from putting his arm around my shoulder because I'm not up for long-touching yet, but then I gave him a hug right before I got on the bus and left.  We went to a comic book store, a used book store, a game store, the hardware store, and his house.  And now I'm going to go see Sherlock Holmes with my favoritest roommate.

Yeah!!

The only bad thing is that some kids came up and decided that today was the right day to come up and heckle the weird person, so they asked me some questions and then proceeded to walk off snickering.

Aww, mannnnn

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40944 on: December 17, 2011, 09:19:00 pm »

Pay them no heed, vector, pay them no heed.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40945 on: December 17, 2011, 09:29:01 pm »

Yeah, you probably didn't even say anything worth laughing at. Some kids can turn everything into an opportunity to be spiteful.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40946 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:09 pm »

I know very well that I didn't (seriously?  Asking me why Stanford wasn't in Stanford?  I mean, I was wrong that it was "in" Palo Alto when it's in the census-designated place of Stanford, but that's seriously a whacked-out question to ask someone on the street unless I've suddenly started looking like someone who heads up a division of the Census Bureau), but apparently they thought today was my day, anyway.

Ahh, well.  It didn't bother me that much, but doing it in front of my date was a bit much, seriously.  Durn yunguns.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40947 on: December 17, 2011, 10:10:09 pm »

Next time put on your best wild-eyed stare and look them straight in the eyes, not saying a word.

That gets unnerving quick. It's just wrong and people can't stand it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40948 on: December 17, 2011, 10:10:47 pm »

None of you told them to shove off?

Also, I found gray hair D:
What the hell im only 19 im not that old damnit T_T

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40949 on: December 17, 2011, 10:18:50 pm »

Also, I found gray hair D:
What the hell im only 19 im not that old damnit T_T
Dude, I've had grey hairs since I was 13. Now at 17 it is noticeable at a glance. I'll probably be totally grey by 25 at this rate.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2728 2729 [2730] 2731 2732 ... 8167