Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436030 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40755 on: December 14, 2011, 07:52:56 am »

I remember why I stopped.

I can't believe WoW has gone this long without dying or being forced to go f2p.  I bet within a year it'll be free to play though.
Umm...it is *sorta* F2P, at least up to lvl 20. But yeah, I think it's in its grey years now. If they're smart, they'll be working on its successor, Spheres of Starcraft. I wanna be a zergling. xD

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #40756 on: December 14, 2011, 08:34:02 am »

Ugh, I wanted Warcraft 4, instead we get nothing but wow expansions. Prolly the only reason why I hate wow actually, the fact that it exist and WC4 doesn't.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40757 on: December 14, 2011, 08:40:27 am »

Okay, I just read way too many depressing headlines in a row. Today is going to be a no-news day for me, I think. Lest I develop that opinion that everything would be better off if an asteroid just smacked us out of the picture.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #40758 on: December 14, 2011, 08:48:04 am »

Ugh, I wanted Warcraft 4, instead we get nothing but wow expansions. Prolly the only reason why I hate wow actually, the fact that it exist and WC4 doesn't.
I remember the rumors that they would be making it four or five years ago. And then StarCraft 2 came out instead. Then more WoW expansions. I've basically given up on WarCraft, which is a shame because I liked the third one so much.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #40759 on: December 14, 2011, 09:04:11 am »

Okay, I just read way too many depressing headlines in a row. Today is going to be a no-news day for me, I think. Lest I develop that opinion that everything would be better off if an asteroid just smacked us out of the picture.  :-[

i have that opinion of humankind since i was 13.

i just discovered that my fathers side grandmother is puking hell. Not fun. Considering grandmothers only come in pairs.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #40760 on: December 14, 2011, 11:44:39 am »

Sister sprained her ankle. She can't post, so I'm feeling sad in her place.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40761 on: December 14, 2011, 11:52:56 am »

I remember the rumors that they would be making it four or five years ago. And then StarCraft 2 came out instead. Then more WoW expansions. I've basically given up on WarCraft, which is a shame because I liked the third one so much.

I was talking about this with a friend of mine the other day~
WC3 is a classic, but because of its sequel and SC, it's kinda been pushed off to the side~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40762 on: December 14, 2011, 11:56:24 am »

They are making a browser mmo C&C game. Using the Tiberium gameline, of all things.
How is this supposed to be a good thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40763 on: December 14, 2011, 12:35:49 pm »

Apparently the staff adviser for the autism class doesn't give a shit that the curriculum is offensive (he "doesn't micromanage the syllabus"), and recommends that I take the course (despite approximately 50% of the assignments being pointless and the entire approach condemned by the people being discussed) or that I create my own course.

*shrug*

I'm a little bit upset about this, given that I took three hours of my very scarce time last night to write them just so that they'd have time to respond well, and the student leader wouldn't be publicly humiliated in class on the first day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40764 on: December 14, 2011, 12:46:41 pm »

I'd say you should totally create your own course on it Vector, but it seems like you wouldn't have time to actually get around to doing so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40765 on: December 14, 2011, 12:53:27 pm »

It'd take me five minutes to create a better course than this.

I'm not kidding, either.  The reason why I'm not doing it is because I don't want to have to spend my time being the autism-whisperer just because these folks can't get on the fucking ball.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40766 on: December 14, 2011, 03:23:22 pm »

Any suggestions about what I can do with a broken external hard drive?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40767 on: December 14, 2011, 03:25:56 pm »

Donate it to a trade school.  We had people donate tons of broken computers just so students could mess around with it without any actual consequence.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #40768 on: December 14, 2011, 03:25:56 pm »

Apparently the staff adviser for the autism class doesn't give a shit that the curriculum is offensive (he "doesn't micromanage the syllabus"), and recommends that I take the course (despite approximately 50% of the assignments being pointless and the entire approach condemned by the people being discussed) or that I create my own course.
So basically he responded in the most condescending way possible?

Be thankful you had all your data backed up elsewhere? :)
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40769 on: December 14, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »

Be thankful you had all your data backed up elsewhere? :)
That was my backup drive.

Donate it to a trade school.  We had people donate tons of broken computers just so students could mess around with it without any actual consequence.
Knowing the schools 'round here they'd just put it into a showcase and let it gather dust there. 's not like I have a good relation to the local educational system or anything anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 2716 2717 [2718] 2719 2720 ... 8167