Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2707 2708 [2709] 2710 2711 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437055 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40620 on: December 10, 2011, 04:33:11 am »

I've never finished a STALKER game, as I'm not very good with shooters at all (and in the second game I got stuck trying to help the loners take over garbage until I got bored rather than proceeding with the game), but damn it if STALKER wasn't the shooter I've enjoyed the most. Perhaps even among the top games - all genres. The decent AI, the deadliness, the damn dogs (dogs were definitely the hardest enemies. Invisible vampires and leaping gasmask fly-men? A good shotgun blast deals with them - the dogs with their damn circling would never stand still long enough for me to hit them!), no other game has gotten my adrenaline pumping in the sake way.

It's going to be dearly missed.

...Maybe I should replay the second game or buy Call of Pripyat in it's honour.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40621 on: December 10, 2011, 07:26:44 am »

Call of Pripyat is really good.  I highly recommend it.  If nothing else, it's amazingly stable.  SoC was infamous for frequent crashes and wierd bugs.  CoP has never once crashed on me, and the only bugs I've ever seen were funny animation glitches.  I think the modders are going to be polishing content on that one for a very long time, including someday porting the other games over to the more stable engine, I'm sure.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #40622 on: December 10, 2011, 08:15:06 am »

The GSC closure news makes me sad today. I never finished a game due to somehow backing myself into impossible situations again and again but I really loved the atmosphere and what they were trying to do. I even love the ARMA2 map with the same theme. I really hope some fans run with the IP and make an open world STALKER game like it always should have been.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40623 on: December 10, 2011, 08:17:48 am »

I remember the first time I beat Shadow of Chernobyl. I found a free VSS Vintorez in X6, which was fucking amazing. I mean, a silenced 9x39mm Sinper Rifle that fires in semi-automatic and is fairly lightweight is just the shit.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40624 on: December 10, 2011, 10:46:44 am »

My Wacom Bamboo Pen keeps flickering off and on when plugged into my computer. I know it's not my computer because I've tried it with a different computer. That makes me sad... I don't know what could have caused it to have a short or something like that. That means that's going to have to be my Christmas present instead of being able to drive a car at all whatsoever...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40625 on: December 10, 2011, 01:02:28 pm »

I'm playing the Spacechem demo and I'm on acetylene.

wtf how do u do dis

Faux-edit:  Beat it

Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40626 on: December 10, 2011, 01:04:55 pm »

Spacechem is full of fun and ptoential optimization.

And yes, also full of filing-your-head-with-fuck.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40627 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:52 pm »

Wrapping up my last night working with my manager of the last 5 years.  He's transferring to another shift.  We're getting a replacement from another location out of state.  I'm a nervous wreck over it.  My old manager and I got along.  He made efforts to understand his employees circumstances and really help them.  It sounds like the new manager is not going to be that way.  My productivity has plummeted the last couple months between general fatigue, the news that my manager's leaving, and anger over upcoming paycuts that are really fucking me over.  If I can't bring it back up, I'm not going to be here long... there's going to be nobody above me judging me on anything but numbers.  I don't know what I'll do if I get fired.  I've really been trying, but damn I've just fucking had it with everything....
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40628 on: December 11, 2011, 01:19:14 am »

I was falling down all these 504s just now for a few hours. The shakes and voices finally stopped, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40629 on: December 11, 2011, 01:27:55 am »

The site going down for longer and longer periods of time.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40630 on: December 11, 2011, 01:28:11 am »

Two long 504's in a week?

The end is nigh! Repent thy sins!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40631 on: December 11, 2011, 01:30:47 am »

2012 IS COMING EARLY
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40633 on: December 11, 2011, 02:26:54 am »

Gee, I wonder if it might be related to the fact that people have insisted on replying to bot threads even though Toady specifically advised against it...  ::)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40634 on: December 11, 2011, 02:27:43 am »

Gee, I wonder if it might be related to the fact that people have insisted on replying to bot threads even though Toady specifically advised against it...  ::)
I doubt it's the main problem, since I haven't been seeing much of that recently.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 2707 2708 [2709] 2710 2711 ... 8167