Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2696 2697 [2698] 2699 2700 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446665 times)

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40455 on: December 05, 2011, 03:48:44 pm »

My X-COM LP is doing badly due to the choice in base.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40456 on: December 05, 2011, 04:30:39 pm »

X-COM LP's aren't supposed to go well.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #40457 on: December 05, 2011, 04:36:19 pm »

It's called fun for a reason.

Anyway, I rediscovered a couple of gift cards I was given last year for Christmas that I long forgotten about which totaled to a decent amount... for Blockbuster. Why this sucks is because apparently since April, they filed for bankruptcy, and the cards are no longer valid since then; in other words, I'm out 30 bucks that were essentially gifted to me.

On the flipside, my Wal-mart gift card is still valid for 20 bucks.

Additionally, looking back, I realized that I am downright impossible to shop for gifts for. Birthday or Christmas. What can anyone get for me that I can't somehow obtain by my own means? What can anyone get me that I would use within a year? I could be a bit of a hoarder, because I think I have too much crap I have accumulated, but not used. My Steam games list is a good example. I have yet to go through or beat even a quarter of them on the list.

Could be a sign of becoming a more complete adult, but material stuff is losing my interest. Even attempting to be social has lost my interest. Not that I'd leave Bay-12. I love it here.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40458 on: December 05, 2011, 04:55:16 pm »

A woman asks Picasso to paint her portrait. It takes him 5 minutes and is a masterpiece. 

"5,000 Francs," he says.

"But sir," she says astonished, "it took you but 5 minutes to paint that."

"No madam, "Picasso says, "It took me my whole life."

Picasso is right.
A) Since Picasso is most renowned for paintings that look like minecraft through a broken kaleidoscope, I really wouldn't recommend getting a portrait from him unless you were into that sort of thing.

B) Depending on when exactly we're talking about, 5,000 Francs could actually be worth only about $50. The Franc had a rather unstable history.

... But I'm just poking fun.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40459 on: December 05, 2011, 05:07:18 pm »

I guess this is the first time since my outlook on life has gone positive that I've gotten good results from it. Pulling on ahead in life. And both my sisters, who jumped straight to UMD because their math scores were pretty great, hate this subject of exponents and logarithms. I am having no problem whatsoever.

You know how good it feels to be better at something than people you always regarded as better than you in that field? Is this what it feels like?

fuck it all
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #40460 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:20 pm »

I guess this is the first time since my outlook on life has gone positive that I've gotten good results from it. Pulling on ahead in life. And both my sisters, who jumped straight to UMD because their math scores were pretty great, hate this subject of exponents and logarithms. I am having no problem whatsoever.

You know how good it feels to be better at something than people you always regarded as better than you in that field? Is this what it feels like?

fuck it all
If that's a percent, I'd take it any day. I've failed my only assessment so far this semester, and it's in a module I don't have a great hope of passing, full of stuff I'm crap at. My maths tests have averaged at 70%, which is fine and dandy to me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40461 on: December 05, 2011, 05:44:47 pm »

fuck it all

Ah, academics.  Of course the answers came easy, they were meaningless.  Oh how I know that feeling.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40462 on: December 05, 2011, 06:40:45 pm »

They were all minor fuckups I should have seen, even after studying especially to catch minor fuckups. And a few problems where I received half credit for not showing the work of a few very minor simplifications.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40463 on: December 05, 2011, 10:03:11 pm »

They were all minor fuckups I should have seen, even after studying especially to catch minor fuckups. And a few problems where I received half credit for not showing the work of a few very minor simplifications.
It's alright Dukestar.  I have one class where I can not get anything but half-credit in everything.  It's mindblowingly mindblowing.

-2 for redundancy

May we all LIVE AND LEARN

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40464 on: December 05, 2011, 10:12:31 pm »

I realize I can't come onto this board without somehow learning to hate someone new every time.

I think it's time I stick this page into my hosts file and take a break.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40465 on: December 05, 2011, 10:13:09 pm »

A woman asks Picasso to paint her portrait. It takes him 5 minutes and is a masterpiece. 

"5,000 Francs," he says.

"But sir," she says astonished, "it took you but 5 minutes to paint that."

"No madam, "Picasso says, "It took me my whole life."

Picasso is right.
A) Since Picasso is most renowned for paintings that look like minecraft through a broken kaleidoscope, I really wouldn't recommend getting a portrait from him unless you were into that sort of thing.

B) Depending on when exactly we're talking about, 5,000 Francs could actually be worth only about $50. The Franc had a rather unstable history.

... But I'm just poking fun.

Had trouble accessing the boards earlier.

A.) Anything at all painted by Picasso is worth thousands. Also he certainly could draw realistic things very well if he wanted to but he made more not doing that....

B.) $50/5 minutes is $600/hour. Not bad.

:):P

In other news, I've repeatedly been called a "trap" by friends who know me. I also realize there really isn't a good word for transsexual, especially not a slang one. Thus, it really isn't their fault. [sigh]. They don't mean it that way and there isn't really a better term. Eh....

I'm just going to bury my nose in a great big criminal law and procedure book. That should make the thoughts go away due to the nonsensical things inside it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:16:19 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40466 on: December 05, 2011, 10:28:36 pm »

When I was a small kid(8? 10?), I used to think the same: since he made all those jumbled drawings, he was just an overrated hack.. I said as much to my mother. Who proceeded to pull a book of art from a shelf and show me some works by him

As it turns out, he did not draw abstract art because he was unable to do something else. He just found it more interesting, but if the mood struck him he was able to do amazing portraits. Or pretty much anything else, too. He is rightly regarded as one of the greatest artists the world has known.

Edit: ninjaed.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40467 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:13 pm »

I realize I can't come onto this board without somehow learning to hate someone new every time.

Don't be gone too long!
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40468 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:10 pm »

Don't be gone too long!

Yeah, you and Vector both can't leave.... :( Please.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:18:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40469 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »

I really don't know if it's just that I'm not getting anything from here anymore or if I'm just not seeing much point in sticking around. But really I remembered I'm kinda stuck here at least as a lurker since my friends tend to use PMs as quick emergency notifications. So I might be less active but Ill be here I guess. Maybe after my vacation Ill become more active again.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 2696 2697 [2698] 2699 2700 ... 8167