Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2691 2692 [2693] 2694 2695 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433371 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40380 on: December 03, 2011, 04:00:02 pm »

Aw, it's a shame. Now I can't watch him desperately pretend he knows stuff about Foreign Politics, or Politics at all.

"I don't know what I would have done, but it would have been better than what Obama did."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40381 on: December 03, 2011, 04:19:03 pm »

So for somebody not keeping up with american politics, what's he about, in a nutshell?

Owner of a pizza restaurant chain. Ran as an anti-Obama because he's a black Republican. Main platform was a proposal to replace the entire US tax code with a flat 9% tax. Didn't have a f**king clue about foreign policy, as illustrated by his comment that he didn't need to know who the President of "Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan" was. Also didn't have much of a clue about what Obama's foreign policies were, other than they were obviously wrong and his would be better.

Then it started coming out that he apparently liked to "knead the dough" a little too much with a number of women over the years, if you catch my drift. Or as I put it over in the progressive rage thread, he "kept asking women if they wanted to try his extra-large sausage special".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #40382 on: December 03, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »

My favorite memory of cain? Reporter:"Mr. Cain, what are your thoughts on libya?".  *Cain stops, looks around, and then back at the camera* "9-9-9". Quite literally, that is his best answer to everything.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40383 on: December 03, 2011, 04:29:48 pm »

My favorite memory of cain? Reporter:"Mr. Cain, what are your thoughts on libya?".  *Cain stops, looks around, and then back at the camera* "9-9-9". Quite literally, that is his best answer to everything.
I think he just figured "A $9.99 promotion always works with pizza, so...."

I'm kinda amazed that Huntsman and Santorum are still in the race. They've both been polling around single digits the entire time.
Huntsman, because he's like Mitt Romney's even-less-rabidly-right-wing cousin (Fun Fact: They are, in fact, 2nd cousins once removed).
And Santorum because...well, just Google his name. Although I see today that Sarah Palin has deigned to weigh in and endorse Santorum, predicting he'll have a strong showing in Iowa. And really, nothing is more synonymous with success than Sarah Palin. Except...you know, things that are actually successful.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40384 on: December 03, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »

9 9 9

9 9 9

9 9 9

9 9 9

9 9 9

Literally, if you asked him that question, that's how he responds.  At this point, I don't think anybody even knew what he was talking about anymore.  He was basically running to be famous, suddenly got really famous, and thought he could win.
Coming Summer 2016, to a theater near you: The Mark of Cain: The Story of Herman Cain and the 999 Plan that changed America and supported the troops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #40385 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »

So I was in a limo ride the other day for my sister and I's birthday. One of her friends was seriously coming onto me, and she wasn't bad looking or anything so we started flirting and eventually even holding hands and shit. I mean we were really hitting it off.

Skip to tomorrow and my sister claims she's finally asked out the guy she's been going after for weeks. It aint me.

Da fuck.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40386 on: December 03, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »

So I was in a limo ride the other day for my sister and I's birthday. One of her friends was seriously coming onto me, and she wasn't bad looking or anything so we started flirting and eventually even holding hands and shit. I mean we were really hitting it off.

Skip to tomorrow and my sister claims she's finally asked out the guy she's been going after for weeks. It aint me.

Da fuck.

I am far from knowledgable about such matters, as I am a social recluse, but I would not think such a brief period of flirtatiousness would carry any promise of further romantic involvement. One might suppose that she was being flirtatious merely for her amusement.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40387 on: December 03, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »

1810, a 160 point improvement from last time. Score range is 1710-1910. That's a score that should get me into the colleges I want to go to...but for some reason I'm not happy. I want more.
Don't bother. All these tests and scores don't count for anything beyond getting you what you want. If you're good, no point in doing it again
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40388 on: December 03, 2011, 05:18:41 pm »

1810, a 160 point improvement from last time. Score range is 1710-1910. That's a score that should get me into the colleges I want to go to...but for some reason I'm not happy. I want more.
Don't bother. All these tests and scores don't count for anything beyond getting you what you want. If you're good, no point in doing it again
You realize of course, that you're saying this on a forum of gamers, who are notorious for playing the same game ten times over in order to get a 100% rating, unlock all unlockables, and find ALL THE SECRET THINGS.

I say take the test until you score a Flawless Victory with Fatality finishing move.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40389 on: December 03, 2011, 05:49:40 pm »

I somehow doubt having a fatality on your record will improve your chances of getting in a good college.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #40390 on: December 03, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

Karne, At first I read that as you being sad that your sister didn't want to date you.  I need help.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40391 on: December 03, 2011, 05:55:56 pm »

Karne, At first I read that as you being sad that your sister didn't want to date you.  I need help.
Same here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40392 on: December 03, 2011, 07:45:35 pm »

Internet, if you would just remain connected for more than 30 seconds at a time...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40393 on: December 03, 2011, 07:47:10 pm »

Internet, if you would just remain connected for more than 30 seconds at a time...
Oh man I've had that problem before.

Massive sympathies.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 2691 2692 [2693] 2694 2695 ... 8167