Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2690 2691 [2692] 2693 2694 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435016 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40365 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »

What FPS does it get?

Also, OpenOffice.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #40366 on: December 02, 2011, 04:58:55 pm »

What FPS does it get?

Also, OpenOffice.

You misspelled libreoffice.

No seriously, due to internal reason, open office has been abandoned by the community and they forked it, creating libreoffice. Open office will probably not be maintained anymore.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40367 on: December 02, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »

I checked my order history and found out that due to some minor technical mishap, my order was canceled the day after Cyber Monday. Which means I was cheated out of $100 in savings that are no longer valid. Dammit.

I almost have Windows 7 for $80 comeon.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40368 on: December 02, 2011, 05:27:19 pm »

I checked my order history and found out that due to some minor technical mishap, my order was canceled the day after Cyber Monday. Which means I was cheated out of $100 in savings that are no longer valid. Dammit.

What the fuck.  You still have the order confirmation emails, right?  That's what customer service is for, don't let them fuck you over like that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40369 on: December 02, 2011, 08:19:41 pm »

Probably pissed off a long time friend and crush by not wanting to spend the night at this guy's house with her, due to the creepiness of the owner. And no, there would be no way I could advance in the relationship. I wouldn't even be sleeping in the same room.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40370 on: December 02, 2011, 08:34:13 pm »

I happen to know a client couldn't have done what they were charged with. The evidence proving this is not admissible as evidence. Thus, I will have to find another way to prove it....

I am having a hell of a time explaining to this person why their hatred of the police, justified or not, will not serve them well in court. I do not expect them to change their mind. I do expect them not to show it in court for their own sake. I also know the arresting officer; he is not a terrible man per se. Some of his colleagues on the other hand.... I can at least count on him not to lie and perhaps to even cooperate on the stand.

Now to determine which questions to ask him....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:36:20 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40371 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:20 pm »

I still don't have a job. I am clean and healthy looking, I have a decent enough skillset and I'm positive, but I rarely get further than the interview...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40372 on: December 02, 2011, 10:16:40 pm »

Turns out my dad ordered this processor without checking the motherboard's maximum power support. Thus, my awesome CPU has been frying my motherboard and RAM for some time. And I just found out today, when the computer repeatedly crashed.
Spent 4 hours today working with it; RAM and motherboard seem to have no permanent damage. Old processor is back in, new motherboard is being ordered. No Skyrim for a while. :(
(And I've been waiting to play Skyrim all week.)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #40373 on: December 03, 2011, 12:30:07 pm »

SATs are faster than you presume.

Way, way faster.

I missed about 2 questions on each Math section simply due to the time limit. And I have half a sentence on my essay.

FUUUUUUUU-
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40374 on: December 03, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »

Half a sentence on your essay?  You'll probably score higher than I ever could somehow...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40375 on: December 03, 2011, 01:22:54 pm »

Funny you would mention that, I got my second SAT scores back today.

1810, a 160 point improvement from last time. Score range is 1710-1910. That's a score that should get me into the colleges I want to go to...but for some reason I'm not happy. I want more.

I think I might take it a third time just to be sure, and this time I want to break 2000. I just can't feel satisfied with this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40376 on: December 03, 2011, 02:27:41 pm »

Funny you would mention that, I got my second SAT scores back today.

1810, a 160 point improvement from last time. Score range is 1710-1910. That's a score that should get me into the colleges I want to go to...but for some reason I'm not happy. I want more.

I think I might take it a third time just to be sure, and this time I want to break 2000. I just can't feel satisfied with this.
Congrats. What's the max possible now? Back in my day, 1600 was the max (800 verbal, 800 math).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40377 on: December 03, 2011, 03:37:19 pm »

They didn't change the score per se, they added a new section.  Now it's Math, Language and Writing, instead of combining Language and Writing.  I think it's a useless change myself, because what about a 1600 point scale doesn't confer what a 2400 point one will, but whatever.

The one and only Herman Cain has officially ended his presidential campaign, amidst an avalanche of woman with solid stories about him cheating with them.  Not sayin' one way or another but damn.  I'm gonna miss that guy.  Shine on you crazy diamond, and may angels desperate for a job sing thee to thy obscurity.

More seriously, it means the upcoming primary extravaganza will be that much less crowded and that much faster.  This shit is my sports.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40378 on: December 03, 2011, 03:39:46 pm »

So for somebody not keeping up with american politics, what's he about, in a nutshell?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40379 on: December 03, 2011, 03:45:55 pm »

So for somebody not keeping up with american politics, what's he about, in a nutshell?

9 9 9

9 9 9

9 9 9

9 9 9

9 9 9

Literally, if you asked him that question, that's how he responds.  At this point, I don't think anybody even knew what he was talking about anymore.  He was basically running to be famous, suddenly got really famous, and thought he could win.
Pages: 1 ... 2690 2691 [2692] 2693 2694 ... 8167