Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2688 2689 [2690] 2691 2692 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436116 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40335 on: December 01, 2011, 07:09:37 am »

Are we talking deliberately, or just "really bad cook gonna give me salmonella" poisoning?
deliberately.

And is this a serious food avoidance thing or just a nagging feeling in the back of your head that you dismiss because of absurdity? Is this thought just a justification for general unease at the thought of eating this food? There are many angles to take this here.

It's not serious avoidance but I usually think of it a while I dare to start eating. It's so ridiculous and annoying thought. It happens quite rarely though. The thing is that I expect the worst from people, I feel that people dislike me and that there will be repercussions. The thing with mom is that I feel sometimes that she thinks of me as failure. That's where the poisoned food idea comes from. Another bothering thing is being afraid of unlikely/paranormal things that I don't even believe the slightest of. I also often look for hidden cameras or spiders waiting to attack me. I always think of possibility of accident happening when in a car.
But hey, it's probably better to be vary of dangers as compared to feeling "immortal". I feel that many have this false sense of immortality.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40336 on: December 01, 2011, 10:08:59 am »

Forum 504. 'Nuff said.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40337 on: December 01, 2011, 11:16:39 am »

Finals approaching.
ARRRRRRRGHRGGHAAA

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #40338 on: December 01, 2011, 11:20:01 am »

The fact that Twatlight still exists

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40339 on: December 01, 2011, 11:24:32 am »

Virii (maybe? whatever the plural of virus is, anyways) scare me. They are deadly and we are completely capable of making them. It's just DNA/RNA in a can! Scientists do that every day. But their robot-like appearance, efficiency, their status as nonliving, it's all pretty terrifying to think about D:

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40340 on: December 01, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »

The fact that Twatlight still exists

If only it were possible to strike it out of existence...

in fact, being able to strike things out of existence period would be pretty awesome.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40341 on: December 01, 2011, 12:43:36 pm »

I would strike people who feel so strongly about things that they have no reasons to do so out of existence.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40342 on: December 01, 2011, 01:11:30 pm »

I would strike those who feel strongly that people who feel strongly about things should be wiped out of existence out of existence.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40343 on: December 01, 2011, 01:12:53 pm »

I've always spelled existance with an 'a'.  D:

Noooooooo

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40344 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:14 pm »

Never being able to get past the X boss in Cave Story, the one you fight in the Labyrinth.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40345 on: December 01, 2011, 03:00:17 pm »

Never being able to get past the X boss in Cave Story, the one you fight in the Labyrinth.

Rockets rockets rockets.  Failing that, bubbles.  He's annoying, but if you're having that hard a time with X, boy are you in for a world of hurt.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40346 on: December 01, 2011, 04:16:40 pm »

I got to the one with the raising water and all that. I was close to beating lots of times (or at least some times ;)) but after spending hours trying I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't going to happen and gave up.
Love, scriver~

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40347 on: December 01, 2011, 05:23:25 pm »

I got to the Sacred Grounds or whatever, gave up, and then came back a long time later and beat it :D

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #40348 on: December 01, 2011, 06:18:22 pm »

My brothers wife is an anti-vaccine crusader.

I can refute her every evidence. I can tear down her every logical fallacy. I can objectively prove that her beliefs are groundless. I can expose her arguments for the deliberately infectious memetic vectors that they are. I can show the incredible benefits that vaccinations have brought, the hundreds of millions of lives saved.

And it doesn't fucking matter. She will continue to spread that memetic virus. My niece and nephew will always be at risk.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40349 on: December 01, 2011, 06:22:47 pm »

To be fair, there are legitimate arguments against over-vaccination (which is why smallpox vaccine is stockpiled but never issued). That makes it far harder to convince someone that much of the "research" is bogus. Deliberatly spreading false medical information should be a crime (like shouting "fire" in a crowded theater, it presents a direct danger to the health and safety of others, making it a legitimate exception to freedom of speech.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 2688 2689 [2690] 2691 2692 ... 8167