Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2684 2685 [2686] 2687 2688 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439634 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #40276 on: November 28, 2011, 12:52:31 am »

Why is this paper so fucking hard to write!? Arghleblarghle!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #40277 on: November 28, 2011, 01:26:08 am »

Grandfather has congestive heart failure. Needs a transplant, but he's too old to likely to get on the list. Likely only has a few years left.

:(

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40278 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:12 am »

Huckleberry Finn. No. Reading the first chapter, I can definitively say that it is the worst thing from a book I have ever read. And I have to read the whole book. I hate it; I'll try to enjoy it, but I doubt I will. It literally contains (almost) everything I could possibly hate reading. Everything that could be appropriately read in a classroom, and then a bit more.

It's not meant to be a "pleasant" read. But it is a crucially important piece of American literature. It's a snapshot of a period in time and one which is not without some satire.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #40279 on: November 28, 2011, 09:34:16 am »

Episode 82.

That is all.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40280 on: November 28, 2011, 11:29:50 am »

Well I am not finally off my anger rant stage.

Now I am in my crippling depression stage.

Boo!

So yeah you want to know why some people are angry ALL the time? Because going from angry to sad is harsh.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:56:27 am by Neonivek »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40281 on: November 28, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »

Trying to force myself to study, not really working out and I'm out of ideas, scaring myself doesn't work, motivation isn't really there because I don't think it's that impressive to know this stuff, it's not very interesting and I doubt I will ever really need this stuff X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40282 on: November 28, 2011, 02:23:51 pm »

Trying to force myself to study, not really working out and I'm out of ideas, scaring myself doesn't work, motivation isn't really there because I don't think it's that impressive to know this stuff, it's not very interesting and I doubt I will ever really need this stuff X(

Get someone to study with you or to help you study. It helps quite a bit.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40283 on: November 28, 2011, 04:49:23 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZMX6H6YY1M I have never cried to a piece of film before. But seriously, this managed it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40284 on: November 28, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »

I am becoming increasingly disillusioned to this place for many reasons. Other than updating my forum games I think it's time for a forum break.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40285 on: November 28, 2011, 05:33:49 pm »

First actual salaried job offer to so much as call me back since I graduated college decided to "pursue other candidates".  For a job I was already overqualified for, and willing to work rock-bottom dollar for.  That's a confidence boost if there ever was one.

Welp, back to Monster.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40286 on: November 28, 2011, 07:28:52 pm »

First actual salaried job offer to so much as call me back since I graduated college decided to "pursue other candidates".  For a job I was already overqualified for, and willing to work rock-bottom dollar for.  That's a confidence boost if there ever was one.

Welp, back to Monster.

I wish you the best of luck Aqizzar. Looking for jobs is hard, and online even more so since employers have an even more poignant prerogative to be thoroughly and unfairly picky.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40287 on: November 28, 2011, 07:37:21 pm »

I don't like whining, but I think I need to whine for the sake of my sanity. Please excuse the following.

Despite applying to ~10 jobs I'm qualified for every week, follow-up has been slim to none. As of earlier this month, I was already barely going to be able to make rent this month, but on my way back from babysitting a 1-year-old on the other side of the state I locked my keys in my car, and had to pay a week's wages to get my keys out. Once on the road, I got a ticket for going exactly 5 over in a marked "construction zone", in which construction had long been finished and no workers or equipment were present... local law doubles or quadruples the fine for construction zones, so who knows how much the ticket will be. Effectively, what little money I was hoping to cover rent with has now vanished, just as the end of the month is on me.

Financial Aid has screwed over my university plans once again due to a course withdrawal mishap, resulting in 6k of debt that needs to be paid off before I can attend again, ruining any plans I have for returning to school before Winter 2014... and to top it all off, after putting in notice that I'd be leaving my awesome but poor-paying library job in exchange for extra hours and better pay at my crappy Shipping and Receiving job, I go in today only to find that the position that was offered was filled by more applicants than expected, and the hours promised are no longer available.

TL;DR: I'm more impossibly broke than I was before I started working multiple jobs, have no prospects to return to university for years, am nearly without a home, cannot afford transportation, spend every other night in serious pain, and the only parent willing to take me in lives an hour's trip away from what job prospects and friends I have.

This would all be comically bad, if it wasn't happening right now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40288 on: November 28, 2011, 07:57:11 pm »

Hmm. I have been looking for a job since november 2009. I have had precisely TWO interviews.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40289 on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:13 pm »

I don't like whining, but I think I need to whine for the sake of my sanity. Please excuse the following.

Despite applying to ~10 jobs I'm qualified for every week, follow-up has been slim to none. As of earlier this month, I was already barely going to be able to make rent this month, but on my way back from babysitting a 1-year-old on the other side of the state I locked my keys in my car, and had to pay a week's wages to get my keys out. Once on the road, I got a ticket for going exactly 5 over in a marked "construction zone", in which construction had long been finished and no workers or equipment were present... local law doubles or quadruples the fine for construction zones, so who knows how much the ticket will be. Effectively, what little money I was hoping to cover rent with has now vanished, just as the end of the month is on me.

Financial Aid has screwed over my university plans once again due to a course withdrawal mishap, resulting in 6k of debt that needs to be paid off before I can attend again, ruining any plans I have for returning to school before Winter 2014... and to top it all off, after putting in notice that I'd be leaving my awesome but poor-paying library job in exchange for extra hours and better pay at my crappy Shipping and Receiving job, I go in today only to find that the position that was offered was filled by more applicants than expected, and the hours promised are no longer available.

TL;DR: I'm more impossibly broke than I was before I started working multiple jobs, have no prospects to return to university for years, am nearly without a home, cannot afford transportation, spend every other night in serious pain, and the only parent willing to take me in lives an hour's trip away from what job prospects and friends I have.

This would all be comically bad, if it wasn't happening right now.

Whining implies complaining illegitimately. This is very legitimate.

It is absolute rubbish that someone as intelligent and hardworking as yourself is put through such needless hardship. Can you get the ticket overturned? Can you negotiate with the school? While I can't personally do much, I want to let you know that I empathize with your plight.
Pages: 1 ... 2684 2685 [2686] 2687 2688 ... 8167